dogo argentino attacks tv presenter

Im willing to bet that its not the first time the dog has snapped/bit someone...just by the nature of the dog showing no other signs of a warning seems to me that the dog seems to think its acceptable to bite first first and ask questions later...another breed that imo shouldnt be in the hands of plonkers who seem to get a power trip out of owning a status dog..atb stabba

• Like 4

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what people are saying is Don't put your face near a dog's unless you know it well. It is a stupid thing to do as the dog might see it are you trying to show your dominance over it, secondly I

Hardly the presenters fault, regardless of what she did. She did not show any aggression or inflict any pain to the dog. If it had been a child putting it's face near the dog and the dog bit it, woul

Cracks me up the way some folk are defending this like its not really the dogs fault !......Shame these excuses never got made for pit bulls !.......To say " its not the dogs fault because the woman p

Granted, she should not have done that with a strange dog. But no dog should show human aggression like that, no growl, no warning but straight in with a bite. It is a combination of either a bad dog/bad breeders/bad owners/bad judgement.

If someone had posted on here a dog had bitten their child on the face, you would all be shouting get the dog pts, cannot take chances etc.

The woman has required surgery to her face.

true moll, what ever the reason, it went right in (no warning) i think bad temp. It was stupid owner bringing a dog with temp like that to a public place like that, any dog can bite but you get (good) dogs and (bad) dogs and if you carnt see what that temp was you you (dont) know dogs :yes:

• Like 1

Im willing to bet that its not the first time the dog has snapped/bit someone...just by the nature of the dog showing no other signs of a warning seems to me that the dog seems to think its acceptable to bite first first and ask questions later...another breed that imo shouldnt be in the hands of plonkers who seem to get a power trip out of owning a status dog..atb stabba

true :thumbs:

Granted, she should not have done that with a strange dog. But no dog should show human aggression like that, no growl, no warning but straight in with a bite. It is a combination of either a bad dog/bad breeders/bad owners/bad judgement.

If someone had posted on here a dog had bitten their child on the face, you would all be shouting get the dog pts, cannot take chances etc.

The woman has required surgery to her face.

true moll, what ever the reason, it went right in (no warning) i think bad temp. It was stupid owner bringing a dog with temp like that to a public place like that, any dog can bite but you get (good) dogs and (bad) dogs and if you carnt see what that temp was you you (dont) know dogs :yes:

At last, someone who gets what i mean. 'Normal' dogs display some kind of a warning first, that was no warning nip!

And i don't care what breed of dog, any type showing that kind of aggression should not be alive.

• Like 2

Moll your 100% correct. Thats a disaster waiting to happen that dog. Fair enough silly bitch for getting right in the dogs face, even worse the owner/handler for not explaining the situation she was getting herself into and last stupid f*****g mutt. We've all seen pictures on here where folk have powerful dogs that the children are clambering over, whys that because the dog doesn't have issues and knows its place and been trained. This dog has issues and needs pts.

GrCh i know you love this breed mate but thats a bad dog mate..... :thumbs:

• Like 3

The thing is about a dog like that, it's alright saying noone should be sticking there face to it like that but you never know what's going to happen when you're out and about. I was taking my mastiff out of the car once on a car park (he was on a lead) and a women was getting out of her car with her son who was about 3 or 4 maybe, the son pulled her hand towards us saying he wants to stroke the dog and the silly bint just let go of his hand without asking me if the dog was nasty....the kid dived on my dog hugging him round the neck face to face. Luckily my dog was placid and loved kids but I gave the women a right bollocking.....who the f'ck lets a kid run at a strange dog, especially one of that size! My point is, if I had this dogo with me on that day it would have been a very nasty scene!!!!

Walking round with a dog that's liable to snap is fine as long as everyone around you has common sense, unfortunately 95% of people don't have common sense so it's a matter of time before it all goes horribly wrong!

• Like 5

Moll your 100% correct. Thats a disaster waiting to happen that dog. Fair enough silly bitch for getting right in the dogs face, even worse the owner/handler for not explaining the situation she was getting herself into and last stupid f*****g mutt. We've all seen pictures on here where folk have powerful dogs that the children are clambering over, whys that because the dog doesn't have issues and knows its place and been trained. This dog has issues and needs pts.

I know it is I just think the woman brought it on herself sticking her face in a unknown animals face. :doh:

I know it is I just think the woman brought it on herself sticking her face in a unknown animals face. :doh:

and it's people defending animals, big animals, with bad temperaments that causes these sort of problems! If a dog like that tries to bite a person in the face is should be PTS, end of story.

edit to say if ANY dog tries to bite someone in the face it should be PTS, whether it be a yorkie or a dogo or anything inbetween!

Edited by rob190364

A few things to take into consideration, the dog wasn't on a leash, only the day before the dog was rescued from a frozen pond then put into to unfamiliar and stressful position(studio lights,cameras etc)

Whatever the circumstances the dogs a feckin liability and it was proven on national tv.

people give horses enough respect by not walking behind them and putting themselves at risk,

you wont hear any shouts about putting such a horse down when it kicks someone

but sticking your face into the mush of a strange dogo seemly is ok ??

but

• Like 3

A big powerful breed, another case of breeding for looks , image or type. These breeders leave temperament at the door, it should be first and foremost when breeding such animals. Most rare fancy dog breeds are never bred on temperament , more so a physical attribute. Makes for unstable dogs, accidents waiting to happen.

Edited by Gunner123
  • Like 4

Can see both sides of the argument but to be fair the dog had lulled her into a flase sense of security it was lapping up the stroking etc and snapped when she was stupid enough to put her face into it just what a child would do!! these dogs do not have a place in this country ok i know that a handful of people could own and work them responsibly but for ever good owner there would be a load of dickheads with a ticking time bomb on the end of a lead. sorry but if that had been my dog it would have gone straight to vets to be pts