court this morning good result

these days taking few for the pot as long gone and most hunt for pure sport i tend not to eat much of my catch but now and again eat the odd bunny ita the leaving of game just left lying allover that gives us bad press and damage to property ie fences cut to get in fields with 4x4s and the likes now the courts seem to think that we all doing it at court yesterday the judge stated that the rural community is fed up with the likes of me traveling into the area and doing what the hell we like he didnt accuse me of actually doing that but thats what most landowners are up against he said its time the hunting lads got their heads togrther and show some respect we slow old farts get caught and take the stick for others

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well lads just an up date finally at court this morn nothallerton magistrates got conditional discharge 85 cost and got me gear ie lamp battery and ruck sack back i argued the toss in court and the

chuffed for you bud, just watch they dont keep an eye on you, now they know wat your upto, cause if anything they sh@ts dont like being made a fool of, even though there bloody useless at doing there

Am not sure would have the desired effect...

Prosecutions for poaching rabbits in pre myxy days were a lot more common in my area than they are now according to some of the old boys who realy did poach to put food on the table or a few bob in their pockets.

i mate but the fines and other stuff they can do to you now is crazy id have liked to be sent to australia as which is still in the poaching act which they are doing us under but ne luck when i was at court the clerk stated that i was being dun under the 1863 poaching act and that max fine is 1000 pounds or deported to auss

Prosecutions for poaching rabbits in pre myxy days were a lot more common in my area than they are now according to some of the old boys who realy did poach to put food on the table or a few bob in their pockets.

i mate but the fines and other stuff they can do to you now is crazy id have liked to be sent to australia as which is still in the poaching act which they are doing us under but ne luck when i was at court the clerk stated that i was being dun under the 1863 poaching act and that max fine is 1000 pounds or deported to auss

Deported to australia would be a plesure nowdays lol and i agree its crazy the large fines and confiscateing motors and dogs.

the trouble is when you do get permission and work hard to get it the guns & rifle brigade turn up with money aplenty and buy you out i've not got spare cash like some of this people spend on shooting rights. i'm not paying for getting rid of vermin i'd rather give the farmer a helping hand when he needs it who don't mind giving up a few days on weekends for a season of foxing and running dogs and i'm not there to be nagged by the other half :whistling:

urmmm i get told im classing all poachers as the same, aren't you just doing the same, I shoot rifles/shotgun and i do not pay for any of my permission I get mine by working hard for the farmer and shoot what hes having problems with, it might start with using my terriers on the rats, then shooting pigeons, if you work hard and make sure you look after your farmers and prove your saving him money in lost crops you never will have to pay for permission or poach!!

I dont mind the one man coming on taking a couple of rabbits and leaving the problem I have is the big groups of lads with no respect for the land/animals/livestock really gets my blood boiling and instead enjoying my nights lamping, I'm worrying whats around the corner

• Like 1

the trouble is when you do get permission and work hard to get it the guns & rifle brigade turn up with money aplenty and buy you out i've not got spare cash like some of this people spend on shooting rights. i'm not paying for getting rid of vermin i'd rather give the farmer a helping hand when he needs it who don't mind giving up a few days on weekends for a season of foxing and running dogs and i'm not there to be nagged by the other half :whistling:

urmmm i get told im classing all poachers as the same, aren't you just doing the same, I shoot rifles/shotgun and i do not pay for any of my permission I get mine by working hard for the farmer and shoot what hes having problems with, it might start with using my terriers on the rats, then shooting pigeons, if you work hard and make sure you look after your farmers and prove your saving him money in lost crops you never will have to pay for permission or poach!!

I dont mind the one man coming on taking a couple of rabbits and leaving the problem I have is the big groups of lads with no respect for the land/animals/livestock really gets my blood boiling and instead enjoying my nights lamping, I'm worrying whats around the corner

i used to shoot myself some years back and went beating as often as i could so i know where you are coming from. but working my dogs is my game and it may have been said before its the small minority that distroys all the good work thats put in by the true lurcher owner.the times have changed where a farmer could trust someone now it takes a long time and effort to get the farmers to trust anyone. i've been told by one farmer that i can no longer work my dogs there as someone has offerd money for the sporting rights i was not a happy chap to say the least in the end it's his livelyhood and extra cash is hard to come by by any means so it's back to asking and grafting for permission (hope that made sense) :huh: