fao of tomo, poachers pocket, frankel, ginny spinner,

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest it's a piss poor turnout when it seems like folk are trying to undermine the achievements of those dogs who do and have taken big hauls of rabbits in the dales. Lads who will and do run

Are you really that naive that you think rabbits just run at full speed into a stone wall and bounce?   If the grass is short, grazed down by sheep the rabbits are fast even in a stone wall fields.

well there isn't any rabbits with in that distance... come try it Jim and find out for yourself... I have no reason to lie have i??   you should maybe get down from you pedestal jim and listen to wh

iff andy come on with a statement like iff i add a dog what cud get a double fig,,25 mile from his house he wud be a millionhare,, then his lad comes on at 11,or 12 year gets 6 10mins from the home he lives,,,,thats the point has was making,, HAS FOR COME UP THERE I PM ANDY A KIND OFFER TO COME TO NORFOLK ,AND NEVER GOT A REPLY,, AND THEN PHONED HIS LAD, AND HE SAID ME DADS UP FOR OWT,,, THEN 1 PM TO G SPINNER,,, AND THEN SAID NO WE ARE NOT COMING,NOW,,,

it was Ginny that got them rabbits!!

i wont be coming norfolk with you, haven't got time to go there to run a few rabbits. you got the invite to come run hares on some land we go but you never took that up either.

I DONT NO WHAT YOU MEAN ANDY, ypur lads say get your self up here,, to try to make me dog fail,,, yet i give you a kind offer, to come down to norfolk, on a trip with no comp,, just a good nites fun,, and you can not even pm ,me back,,, i no ive never met you,, but you have none me for 3 years on the sites, and no lots of lads who has travelled to diffrent place with me,,,

was A MENTION OF THE ORKNEYS THE RABITS SIZE ETC ,MANY MOONS AGO I HAD A SPELL CUTTING THE NUMBERS BACK ON ORKNEY , AND THE HEBRIDES ,UIST NOW WHEN NUMBERS ARE CONCERNED I CAN TELL YA FOR THIS , THWE 100 WAS DONE OVER AND OVER , SEEN A PURE DEERHOUND TAKE BIG NUMBERS ON UIST . the mention of the no fear factor does come to the for here , much in the same way has some spots on the moors and fells . breeding animals to suit the environment where they are to put a shift in his only logical, and some will like most stock produce the odd ones capable of killing on most land types , GETTING OUT OF ONES COMFORT ZONE HIS A MUST for those trying to produce the ultimate coney catcher, of course theres those that feel they do not seem to feel the need to do this , but what i would say and it his only my tenpeneth while one has still the zest and youth one needs to travel the full length and breadth of our isle to make a true viable oppinion on ones stock . the saying good in ones own back yard comes to mind . IF one wishes to show there sock and give all the positive of the type on an open forum one must also be aware that there will be those who wish to here of there misgivings and weaknesses , i do not seem to see this in these threads and this just aint the case when breeding stock for purpose . atb bunnys.

i think your gettint the wrong end of the stick jim,,, andy or frankel wasnt trying to get you to fail,,, there just pointing out theres no game round them,,,, ginny getting those few bunnys was just a fluke... just as you catching a few round you would be..

think it makes a little sense , that rabbits can only run as fast as the ground will allow them, as will any other animal....fell rabbits are normally easier as they cant get going the same, if you look at hares on a plough,they can hardly run and a dog can be all over them yet the moment there feet touch the seed the become a different animal.

• Like 3

tomo offerd me a day out,, and i said i wud return the kind offer, bye taking down to woborn area,,, has for you taking me on hares,,,i can not remember that,,, you have to remember me pup his 17 month,,,iff it was 3 mouth ago, it wud be 14 month,,not best age to travel and give a full nite on hares,,then again he cud be old enough for stud,,lol

i think your gettint the wrong end of the stick jim,,, andy or frankel wasnt trying to get you to fail,,, there just pointing out theres no game round them,,,, ginny getting those few bunnys was just a fluke... just as you catching a few round you would be..

TOMO I HAD 4 RABBS LOCAL TO ME A ROUND XMAS, HE RAN 6MITE OF SEEN 9,, THE ONES HE GOT WAS NOT LOOK,, A GOOD DOG WILL CATCH MOST PLACE,,,THERE BE PLACES WERE YOU ME ANY 1 OF THIS CAN TAKE YOU WERE STUPIDLY HARD,, BUT THAT WILL BE DOWN TO THE GROUND,,IN FACT DANGER PLACES SPRING TO MIND,, Edited by robert michem

Jim, there is no rabbits near me at all, why can't you understand that... if i could get double figures every night of the week i would be getting them.

there is more lurchers in west Cumbria than anywhere in England lol so that is the main reason there is nothing near me

Edited by frankel
  • Like 1

THIS CUD GO ,FOR EVER,WHAT MADE SAY IT ,YOUR DAD SAID HE WUD BE A 100000000000 HAIR, IFF HE CUD DO DOUBLE FIG,,25 MILE FROM WERE HE LIVES,,THEN A PIC COME ON WITH 6 RABBS 10 MINS FROM YOUR HOUSE,, AND ONLY TOOK 10 MINS TO CATCH THEM,, I THINK MOST PEOPLE WUD FIND THAT,, FUNNY,,,YOU TOOK IT ALL THE WRONG WAY,, THEN,GIVING ME ALL THIS GET UP HERE,, IM 47 I DONT GO OUT NO WERE NEAR THE AMOUNT, HAS I USE TO,, SO WHEN A YOUNG MAN, SAYS THAT TO ME,,WELL COME BACK IN 25 YEARS,, AND I WILL BE ALL EARS,,,IFF IM NOT DEAD,,LOL

Edited by robert michem

there is no dout about it, that rabbits live in areas that have dry stone walls round them are 100% eaiser . Ive took Bryn my 1x collie to lot of diffent places, and he as always caught rabbits in above places eaiser. because sit tight longer with the terrain, so the dog can strike quicker and even if they miss the catcn on the walls and thats it in (nut shell) :yes: . Now as jim said round by him and by me, differnt ball as as lamp hits the rabbit they are feckin gone like a rocket up there arse :yes: . Ive had good bags ( 20-30) quite few times with Bryn, even when i went to whins, they dont hang about . But by me if you get dozen then you done Brill, last couple times being getting 7-8 , even Tod got 3 :laugh: .Any rabbit is a bonus, but some places are really more eaiser than others fact :yes:

• Like 1