hi i used it a few year ago i didnt like it cause it breaks down in to tiny bits and is very dusty and how ofen to clean them out depends on how wet and mucky your dogs get now i go to asda bye a cheap duvet for fiver and i get some cheap quilt covers from charity shops around apound each and i put one on each end of the duvet and the dog carnt get at the duvet itake them of about once a week wash them and put clean ones on i even go to the boot sales and get them i was byeing paper bales but at 10 pound abale it was getting to dear good luck

Change once a week in winter when dogs go into kennels wet and muddy. If you change it every week it doesn't have time to break down and go all bitty and flat. I also shake Diatomaceous Earth over it to kill any mites etc. Don't need to change it so often in summer, but still do it once a month. Keeps dogs warmer and drier than blankets, quilts etc and they can snuggle down and make a nest in it.

You'd need a bloody big kennel if you just wanted to throw a whole bale in! Besides which, dogs would take a while to break it up enough to make a bed with, or are you thinking of those silly little bits the call bales and sell at pet shops? Find a farmer and buy a proper oblong bale. For a 4 foot by 4 foot kennel I'd chuck in around 2-3 slices from a bale, and break them up first. Only draw back to straw, as I see it, is that the dog will drag a few strands out every time it comes out of the box, just sweep them up every day.

• Like 3

High sided sleeping boxes with carpet lining the bottom, and a couple of peices of "vetbed". Change the carpet every couple of weeks, (you can get pleanty off-cuts of new carpet for free), and wash the "vetbed" as and when needed. If the kennel is dry and draught proof, this is all that's needed.

Cheers.

Straw is great, I have been changing it once a fortnight through the winter months, as penny says they snuggle right down and make a how like ferrets :)

Only diwn fell is It can be abit messy but just sweep up prior to washing the run down.

Just brought 2 small bales from a local farm shop for £3 each, will last ages

I use shredded paper as its available in every office in town.dogs love it .it keeps them clean warm,even when it gets damp

the heat is great.now i know you,l say that its dusty and yes i can be,buta good shake before putting it in the kennel will

help with that .

LoL I never change the straw it lasts forever..

The dogs drag the odd bit out I just sweep it up and chuck it back in..

Mine are on a full bail each they nest around them is over two foot, super cosy.

touch wood no ticks or lice.