the untrapable rat !!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get up there with a torch and air rifle.

Got the fecker

thats not dead , its just laughing at ya

Posted Images

Poison the fooker and make sure they is no other food sorce about ie a outside bird table or uneaten dog food in the pen's...i would also try to locate where it is getting in and cement and holes up...if you have ivy growing up the wall cut it back so it is well below the gutter..i had a similar problem year's ago in a friend's cottage loft..no matter what i done with the fenn's and live catch trap's i could not get it..in the end a load of poisen was put around the loft and after a short time it vanished and was never seen again.

Bait your fenn trap with peanut butter ! Then leave it facing wall where rats are running ! Rats suffer from neaphobia. Wich is fear of a new object in there surrounding area ! Couple of days and u should catch the little bugger this method has worked 4 me everytime

Bait your fenn trap with peanut butter ! Then leave it facing wall where rats are running ! Rats suffer from neaphobia. Wich is fear of a new object in there surrounding area ! Couple of days and u should catch the little bugger this method has worked 4 me everytime

Unhappily Mrg my rat hasnt read the fecking script :censored:. Five baited fenns hidden by loft insulation and not a squeak. Six glue boards have gone down this morning............i wait with baited breath and hope the little fecker suffers.

I find rats to be too cleaver in many situations when you just plop the trap down uncovered. I found two ways to quickly deal with rats problems in house lofts. Theres not always a food source, but they may be there for shelter etc, travelling nearby at night to a food source, at least thats what Ive found.

First, should just take the setting then lifting, so less expense and time spared... I make a bait heap between two joists right on the insulation, use nuts, peanut butter, whatever as long as its not going to go bad soon. with a stanley blade cut out places to fit four set fenn traps around the bait. place the traps in with safety on and set un-sensative. cover with fine pieces of insulation to hide the trap and then adjust the treddle to be very tickle. Use wire to tether traps to beams.

Second method is to use a multi catch trap with trapdoor, the monarch type. Must open both ends and feed both ends for a week, wait till bait is going, then set the trap, bait just the catch compartment. Ive had these traps brim full of rats using this method.

good luck

you got that rat yet? :whistling: :whistling:

No i feckin havnt !! Me thinks all the loft insulation is going to have to come up so i can see whats going on. The Mrs is doing her nut about the noise :censored: I hope i catch it alive so i can tear it limb from limb.......or even better keep it alive and prod the little fecker every time it goes to sleep......see how it likes it :victory:

Had a few rats in the attic many years ago and one rat can sound like a feckin elephant with clobhoppers on when they are running around above your head, they were getting in through a gap between our house and next door's extension, blocked the entry off and has been ok since thank feck.

SINDASOX