Small lurcher pictures

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres Mine Beddie x Whippet 14 mnths old

If they are not causing the dog any problems I wouldn't worry too much about it.

my 3/4 whipp x beddy 21"

Posted Images

I have never taken dew claws off - they use them for grip when climbing, or scrabbling up steep ground and if turning at speed. How would you like someone to take your thumbs off? Dogs have evolved with them there for a reason.

Fly007.jpg

Fly010.jpg

Nice dog.....is it wee?

• Like 1

There not causing him a problem the only reason i took 1 of my pups off before was because i was told they bleed heavily if they pull them off, not sure if its true but i did it too be safe. Since i havent had a pup and the claws have never bothered them so im not worried atb Nat

I have never taken dew claws off - they use them for grip when climbing, or scrabbling up steep ground and if turning at speed. How would you like someone to take your thumbs off? Dogs have evolved with them there for a reason.

Fly007.jpg

Fly010.jpg

Think you need to look that up mate.Dogs had a fifth toe but its moved up the leg as dogs evolved as it became obserlete. As for climbing & going up steep hills have no idea why dewclaws would aid with that. All my dogs bar 1 has them removed before 3 days old & can turn like there on rails have no problems what so ever.As for it being a thumb i've never seen a person with there thumbs above there wrists.Better off than on.

• Like 2