carl froch

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went pretty much as i thought.... Froch gave it a go he wasnt outworked he wasnt out gamed he was just well beaten on pure boxing ability theres no shame in that......His footwork looked a little slow

I remember all that bickering between Hopkins and Calzaghe quite clearly but not as you have stated there mate.   I remember Warren putting a £million on the table for Hopkins to come over here and

Before making big sweeping statements its always best to make sure they are actually true ...you say Calzaghe " never in his career had the luxury of Duff or Lawless working in tandem ".........exact

Guest Sorley Boys clan

]your starting to sound like alf garrnett at the start of the topic you were saying froch an then when he gets beat its turn out the way you thought ffs

I thought id said if Froch could get inside and make it a war he had a good chance but if he couldnt and it became a skillful boxing match he was likely to come unstuck............................he couldnt get inside and couldnt make it a war,hence it turned out the way i thought :blink: ...if you got nothing to say about the subject we was talking mate thats fine but dont just start any old shit argument just for the sake of it.

is that not picking both an after the fight saying you got the result ffs wise up :laugh: Edited by Sorley Boys clan

seems the plans from the froch camp are to fight liucian bute for the ibf --- then kessler who challanges for the wbo in april -- then ward later in the year a lot of if and buts go with it but thats the plan in an ideal world beat bute kessler wins the wbo then froch beats kessler take the titles to fight ward .. with a short campaign at light heavy planned at some stage .spoke to an ex pro middleweight last night this is what he said on losing a fight --------- losing a fight can be a good learning curve -its how you come back from loses that make or break you - i never looked at a loss as a loss i looked at it as a performance and rated it on that ...

Edited by the_stig

]is that not picking both an after the fight saying you got the result ffs wise up :laugh:

Stone me son i didnt have a bet on the fight i just described how i saw Froch winning and how i saw Froch losing.....i didnt pick a winner either way..........whats this lets create an argument out of nothing......i usually bite,but this time i wont ;) ta ta champ.

Guest Sorley Boys clan

]is that not picking both an after the fight saying you got the result ffs wise up :laugh:

Stone me son i didnt have a bet on the fight i just described how i saw Froch winning and how i saw Froch losing.....i didnt pick a winner either way..........whats this lets create an argument out of nothing......i usually bite,but this time i wont ;) ta ta champ.

im just taking the piss gnash :laugh:

seems the plans from the froch camp are to fight liucian bute for the ibf --- then kessler who challanges for the wbo in april -- then ward later in the year a lot of if and buts go with it but thats the plan in an ideal world beat bute kessler wins the wbo then froch beats kessler take the titles to fight ward .. with a short campaign at light heavy planned at some stage .spoke to an ex pro middleweight last night this is what he said on losing a fight --------- losing a fight can be a good learning curve -its how you come back from loses that make or break you - i never looked at a loss as a loss i looked at it as a performance and rated it on that ...

F*ck me mate he don't like to do things by half does he! That'd be bloody brilliant for us fans if he chooses to take that fight!

Froch hasn't had an easy fight since that Polish Commando Rybacki years ago! It really shows just what sort off fighter he is to plan a come back to the ring against such dangerous and class opponents as Bute or Kessler!

If he takes Bute next then there probably isn't a fighter in the world that has had as tough a tests as he has had. He's consistently fought class opposition after class opposition and for the most part fought them all in their back gardens!

Respect to Froch man! Regardless of his loss to Ward, I'm beginning to like him more and more :toast: .

F*ck me mate he don't like to do things by half does he! That'd be bloody brilliant for us fans if he chooses to take that fight!

Froch hasn't had an easy fight since that Polish Commando Rybacki years ago! It really shows just what sort off fighter he is to plan a come back to the ring against such dangerous and class opponents as Bute or Kessler!

If he takes Bute next then there probably isn't a fighter in the world that has had as tough a tests as he has had. He's consistently fought class opposition after class opposition and for the most part fought them all in their back gardens!

Respect to Froch man! Regardless of his loss to Ward, I'm beginning to like him more and more :toast: .

be good if it all comes together -- not all hype talks are underway .. the move up to light heavys prob a back up plan if it go`s wrong .. one thing you cant knock him for his heart and desire to be on top of the game ..
Guest Sorley Boys clan

the best middleweight of all time was with out a doubt avoided bye all . battered the life out of alan minter who i think was left a bit like jeff lacy an the man was shown no respect from minters home crowed beaten with tins of beer marvin hagler it was like dropping a rat into a terrier :yes:

the best middleweight of all time was with out a doubt avoided bye all . battered the life out of alan minter who i think was left a bit like jeff lacy an the man was shown no respect from minters home crowed beaten with tins of beer marvin hagler it was like dropping a rat into a terrier :yes:

Now theres something i couldnt disagree on.....at one stage it looked like Hagler would never get past the top contender stage .....ripped off in his first title challenge,craftily crept up on by Leonard............ wouldnt say he was the best middleweight of all time though id put Carlos Monzon and Ray Robinson way out in front of Hagler.

You gotta respect Froch he,s a fighter from the heart i love fighters who put it on the line and dont fear a loss........still needs to take it one step at a time though if he loses the first one the rest will come to nothing........but i admire his attitude to the game. :thumbs:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but did anyone watch "The fight of their lives" last night on I think it was ITV 4?

Nigel Benn's fight with Gerald Maclellen, seemed old Gerald rolled his dogs quite a bit?

Cheers, D.

yeh ive watched that mate,,, from watching that you get the impression that his trainer was at fault,, fancy nobody being able to wrap his hands wright..

a realy sad storry...............

got to respect mclenan sister,, looks after him 24,7 that cant be easy,,,,

yeh i liked haggler,, i still dont think he lost to lennard, mind he gave lennard evrything he wanted. and for max,, i think haggler would have beat calzagie had they met in there prime at the same weight...........then again i am biased, as i have met haggler , a real nice fella

yeh i liked haggler,, i still dont think he lost to lennard, mind he gave lennard evrything he wanted. and for max,, i think haggler would have beat calzagie had they met in there prime at the same weight...........then again i am biased, as i have met haggler , a real nice fella

a few years back i built some houses for a bloke named Alan Moore ,he was married to Tony Sibbos sister Karen, they live d close to you Tomo, and the rest of the family lived at Widmerpool, well we used to run a sweep on sibbos fights ,it was a fiver a man and you wrote down ,who would win,and what round ,well alan had been saying for weeks that tony would stop haggler in the sixth round especially when karen ,or her brothers were about ,but when it came to putting his hand in his pocket ,he wrote ,Haggler ,round one . :boogy: