carl froch

thats a cheap shot he got well beat by kessler as well calzaghe probably beat em with one hand :laugh:

You call it a cheap shot i call it the truth......Calzaghe probably would of beat Froch......but sadly nobody will ever know,just the same as nobody will ever know if he could of beat Jones or a peak Hopkins.......the beauty of what Frochs done by not ducking folk and not protecting an unbeaten record is you retire knowing how good you was instead of retiring with more questions than answers......like Calzaghe has.

gnash refresh your memory mate watch a great fighter at work and stop spouting shite mate .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUiAquXozLM

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went pretty much as i thought.... Froch gave it a go he wasnt outworked he wasnt out gamed he was just well beaten on pure boxing ability theres no shame in that......His footwork looked a little slow

I remember all that bickering between Hopkins and Calzaghe quite clearly but not as you have stated there mate.   I remember Warren putting a £million on the table for Hopkins to come over here and

Before making big sweeping statements its always best to make sure they are actually true ...you say Calzaghe " never in his career had the luxury of Duff or Lawless working in tandem ".........exact

Guest Sorley Boys clan

thats a cheap shot he got well beat by kessler as well calzaghe probably beat em with one hand :laugh:

You call it a cheap shot i call it the truth......Calzaghe probably would of beat Froch......but sadly nobody will ever know,just the same as nobody will ever know if he could of beat Jones or a peak Hopkins.......the beauty of what Frochs done by not ducking folk and not protecting an unbeaten record is you retire knowing how good you was instead of retiring with more questions than answers......like Calzaghe has.

gnash refresh your memory mate watch a great fighter at work and stop spouting shite mate .

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wUiAquXozLM

brookie i wish you could get cruise up as quick :laugh::thumbs:

]your starting to sound like alf garrnett at the start of the topic you were saying froch an then when he gets beat its turn out the way you thought ffs

I thought id said if Froch could get inside and make it a war he had a good chance but if he couldnt and it became a skillful boxing match he was likely to come unstuck............................he couldnt get inside and couldnt make it a war,hence it turned out the way i thought :blink: ...if you got nothing to say about the subject we was talking mate thats fine but dont just start any old shit argument just for the sake of it.

gnash you always seem to stick them sly little digs in mate .joe never ever ducked any one mate full stop .he also in his career never ever had the luxury of micky duff and terry lawless working in tandem and pulling master strokes for crap london fighters to knock stiffs over and get title fights ..froch if he lived to be a hundred wouldnt beat joe .and all froch can ever lay claim to is he fought in a super six circus ..hes fought no one besides kessler and ward and hes been outclassed by the both of em .i used to look to read your posts mate but of late ive seen that you can be quite jealous mate of certain fighters and quite derogatory towards some as well .as for joes unbeaten record mate .it is proof that he is the greatest fighter this country as ever had .a two weight undefeated champion that ducked no one ..froch minter eubanks benn watson .your beloved west hammer mark kaylor the whole lot of em pushed into one mate wouldnt have laced joes boots up .and he done it the hard way .out of a tin shed in newbridge .joes not the only fighter youve had the digs at mate. look closer to home gnash to a few of the london fighters mate if you wanna pick holes cos there was some master strokes pulled down there .ffs ive seen it all you sit on here slagging great fighters with snidey digs ..when all that crowd you ran with at lawless gym .if theyd been else where and had to do it the hardway like some fighters have to .they wouldnt have won area titles in a village .

Before making big sweeping statements its always best to make sure they are actually true ;) ...you say Calzaghe " never in his career had the luxury of Duff or Lawless working in tandem ".........exactly who do you think Calzaghe turned pro with and won his first 11 or 12 fights ?.....yes you got it Terry Lawless and Mickey Duff !.......i was lucky enough to pick Terrys brains in detailed conversations over many years.....i remember him once telling me the greatest talent he ever worked with was Joe Calzaghe,he also said he regretted losing him but as was well known Terry was very protective of young fighters and didnt feel Joe was ready for title shots but Calzaghe wanted the big fights so left to go with Frank Warren......now,if i had any axe to grind as regards Joe Calzaghes boxing ability i wouldnt be telling you that......i dont as you say " slag off " boxers or athletes of any description be it footballers runners anything,i know the discipline it takes to compete and will never slag off a pro athlete....that doesnt mean i cant or wont be critical of the choices they make i dont do sly digs mate its just called criticsm plain and simple....theres only 2 British fighters id be critical of and that was Calzaghe and Hattton both for similar reasons....and thats purely from a fans point of view as i feel they both conned a gullible public.

Frank Warren had purse bids on a fight with Hopkins 5 years before they actually fought but Calzaghe himself said he wasnt going to America as he was champion....so why when Hopkins reached 43 did Calzaghe suddenly do a 360 turnaround and go to America to fight him......why did Calzaghe not take the fight with Roy Jones in 03 or 04 whatever it was saying the challenger should do the travelling,but then when a fight with Kelly Pavlik was being discussed he said no as he had always wanted to fight the legend Roy Jones so would go to America to do so ( it just so happened Jones was 39 and washed up by then )....have you ever actually disected Calzaghes record of opponents,it dont make for great reading !.....and whats this about he did it the hard way in a tin shed :blink: ......any fighter will tell you preparing for a fight in a big busy gym where there might be another 4 or 5 fighters with fights coming up,where you have to run in the diesel filled air of an inner city dicing with death on the Canning Town flyover on route to shit filled Beckton ski slope not to mention training above a pub full of lunatics.........is a lot tougher than training in the peace and quiet of the Welsh Valleys surrounded by clean air where your left alone to run the hills....a speedballs a speedball a heavy bags a heavy bag jumping rope is jumping rope it matters not its the surroundings and focus you can apply thats the difference as long as you can get good sparring..... i know where id rather train !

The reason fighters came to the Royal Oak gym from all over the country was because Lawless,Duff,Barret,Levene,Astaire and the likes were the best at what they did and could get legitimate title fights for good money....this back in the days when there was 2 governing bodies not the ibo ebu ubs and abc mickey mouse world titles like there are today

John H Stracey - World Welterweight Champion

Jim Watt - World Lightweight Champion

Maurice Hope - World Light Middleweight Champion

Frank Bruno - World Heavyweight Champion

Charlie Magri - World Flyweight Champion

Chris Pyatt - World Middleweight Champion

British,European and Commonwealth Champions such as Jimmy Mcdonnell,Gary Mason,Jimmy Batten,John Gardiner,Kirkland Laing,Kaylor,Mittee....the list go,s on and on......are these the crap london fighters who wouldnt win a village title that you refer to ? if not then which ones ?.....like i say if your going to make big sweeping statements mate then be prepared to back them up ;)

oh ...and im an ex fighter who never made the big time yes of course im jealous.....besides which,i was left with a face that looks like its had an hgv run over it.....and Calzaghe looks like he,s just stepped off a film set....wouldnt you be :D

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5

did conteh not fight out of the oak gnasher

He did yes but he wasnt a Terry Lawless fighter John was managed by George Francis.....George also had the likes of Mugabi,Boza Edwards......later on of course George,Frank Black Earnie Fossey Jimmy Tibbs Dean Powell etc etc were all affiliated with the Royal Oak in one way or another.

He did yes but he wasnt a Terry Lawless fighter John was managed by George Francis.....George also had the likes of Mugabi,Boza Edwards......later on of course George,Frank Black Earnie Fossey Jimmy Tibbs Dean Powell etc etc were all affiliated with the Royal Oak in one way or another.

duff told me he thought conteh was the best he had seen , asked the beast for an autograph at wembley years ago he grunted at me :laugh: the duff told me he could not read and write used to sighn for his kite's with an X , i got a pair of 16 0z gloves sighen in the oak gnash watson ;) Edited by gonetoearth

did duff have nothing to do with conteh :hmm:
gnash you always seem to stick them sly little digs in mate .joe never ever ducked any one mate full stop .he also in his career never ever had the luxury of micky duff and terry lawless working in tandem and pulling master strokes for crap london fighters to knock stiffs over and get title fights ..froch if he lived to be a hundred wouldnt beat joe .and all froch can ever lay claim to is he fought in a super six circus ..hes fought no one besides kessler and ward and hes been outclassed by the both of em .i used to look to read your posts mate but of late ive seen that you can be quite jealous mate of certain fighters and quite derogatory towards some as well .as for joes unbeaten record mate .it is proof that he is the greatest fighter this country as ever had .a two weight undefeated champion that ducked no one ..froch minter eubanks benn watson .your beloved west hammer mark kaylor the whole lot of em pushed into one mate wouldnt have laced joes boots up .and he done it the hard way .out of a tin shed in newbridge .joes not the only fighter youve had the digs at mate. look closer to home gnash to a few of the london fighters mate if you wanna pick holes cos there was some master strokes pulled down there .ffs ive seen it all you sit on here slagging great fighters with snidey digs ..when all that crowd you ran with at lawless gym .if theyd been else where and had to do it the hardway like some fighters have to .they wouldnt have won area titles in a village .

Before making big sweeping statements its always best to make sure they are actually true ;) ...you say Calzaghe " never in his career had the luxury of Duff or Lawless working in tandem ".........exactly who do you think Calzaghe turned pro with and won his first 11 or 12 fights with ?.....yes you got it Terry Lawless and Mickey Duff !.......i was lucky enough to pick Terrys brains in detailed conversations over many years.....i remember him once telling me the greatest talent he ever worked with was Joe Calzaghe,he also told me he regretted losing him but as was well known in the game Terry was very protective of young fighters and didnt feel Joe was ready for title shots but Calzaghe wanted the big fights so left to go with Frank Warren......now,if i had any axe to grind as regards Joe Calzaghes boxing ability i wouldnt have told you that......i dont as you say " slag off " boxers or athletes of any description be it footballers runners anything,i know the discipline it takes to compete and will never slag off a pro athlete....that doesnt mean i cant or wont be critical of the choices they make i dont do sly digs mate its just called criticsm plain and simple....theres only 2 British fighters id be critical of and that was Calzaghe and Hattton both for similar reasons....and thats purely from a fans point of view as i feel they both conned a gullible public.

Frank Warren had purse bids on a fight with Hopkins 5 years before they actually fought but Calzaghe himself said he wasnt going to America as he was champion....so why when Hopkins reached 43 did Calzaghe suddenly do a 360 turnaround and go to America to fight him......why did Calzaghe not take the fight with Roy Jones in 03 or 04 whatever it was saying the challenger should do the travelling,but then when a fight with Kelly Pavlik was being discussed he said no as he had always wanted to fight the legend Roy Jones so would go to America to do so ( it just so happened Jones was 39 and washed up by then )....have you ever actually disected Calzaghes record of opponents,it dont make for great reading !.....and whats this about he did it the hard way in a tin shed :blink: ......any fighter will tell you preparing for a fight in a big busy gym where there might be another 4 or 5 fighters with fights coming up,where you have to run in the diesel filled air of an inner city dicing with death on the Canning Town flyover on route to shit filled Beckton ski slope not to mention training above a pub full of lunatics.........is a lot tougher than training in the peace and quiet of the Welsh Valleys surrounded by clean air where your left alone to run the hills....a speedballs a speedball a heavy bags a heavy bag jumping rope is jumping rope it matters not its the surroundings and focus you can apply thats the difference as long as you can get good sparring..... i know where id rather train !

The reason fighters came to the Royal Oak gym from all over the country was because Lawless,Duff,Barret,Levene,Astaire and the likes were the best at what they did and could get legitimate title fights for good money....this back in the days when there was 2 governing bodies not the ibo ebu ubs and abc mickey mouse world titles like there are today

John H Stracey - World Welterweight Champion

Jim Watt - World Lightweight Champion

Maurice Hope - World Light Middleweight Champion

Frank Bruno - World Heavyweight Champion

Charlie Magri - World Flyweight Champion

Chris Pyatt - World Middleweight Champion

British,European and Commonwealth Champions such as Jimmy Mcdonnell,Gary Mason,Jimmy Batten,John Gardiner,Kirkland Laing,Kaylor,Mittee....the list go,s on and on......are these the crap london fighters who wouldnt win a village title that you refer to ? if not then which ones ?.....like i say if your going to make big sweeping statements mate then be prepared to back them up ;)

oh ...and im an ex fighter who never made the big time yes of course im jealous.....besides which,i was left with a face that looks like its had an hgv run over it.....and Calzaghe looks like he,s just stepped off a film set....wouldnt you be :Dhe

i repeat again he never ducked any one .you have even contradicted yourself with this post .he left lawless cos terry wouldnt let him have the big fights he wanted so joe left to go with frank warren .and just said prior to that that he ducked fights you question his quality of opponent yet you put a list of fighters up who had more second chances than the prodigal son i remember bruno fighting old men and 13 stone germans .you go on then about the welsh valleys being an holiday camp .ffs you should try a few weeks up here in the hills in the winter pal you wouldnt walk let alone run in constant driving rain and sleet and double figures below freezing .as for backing talk up you know the old saying talk is cheap mate .and as for the list of fighters you put up .i repeat if they hyad all been put into one they wouldnt lace joes boots mate .and as for hopkins being over the hill .when joe fought him .you being the historian maybe you can enlighten me by telling me did hopkins ride of into the sunset after joe beat him or did he hang around and achieve anything else in boxing .as for backing up big sweeping statements. il leave that ball in your court adios :thumbs:

[ duff told me he thought conteh was the best he had seen , asked the beast for an autograph at wembley years ago he grunted at me :laugh: the duff told me he could not read and write used to sighn for his kite's with an X , i got a pair of 16 0z gloves sighen in the oak gnash watson ;)

He was a very odd character Mugabi he once started a full scale gym riot after taking liberties with Boza Edwards.....he also stunk like a raccoon and was none to fond of taking a shower :D ....wasted talent just didnt have the mentality for it really.

[did duff have nothing to do with conteh :hmm:

They all had a hand in each others pocket.....officially Lawless was manager/trainer.....Duff was manager/promoter.....Levene was matchmaker.......but they was all earning off all the fighters....Honeyghan for instance was a Duff fighter but would train in the oak the peacock and the thomas a beckett with George Francis.....they were a complicated little outfit but had the game sewn up back then.

[did duff have nothing to do with conteh :hmm:

They all had a hand in each others pocket.....officially Lawless was manager/trainer.....Duff was manager/promoter.....Levene was matchmaker.......but they was all earning off all the fighters....Honeyghan for instance was a Duff fighter but would train in the oak the peacock and the thomas a beckett with George Francis.....they were a complicated little outfit but had the game sewn up back then.

used to call in to wardor st for the fight posters think i told you that though

i repeat again he never ducked any one .you have even contradicted yourself with this post .he left lawless cos terry wouldnt let him have the big fights he wanted so joe left to go with frank warren .and just said prior to that that he ducked fights you question his quality of opponent yet you put a list of fighters up who had more second chances than the prodigal son i remember bruno fighting old men and 13 stone germans .you go on then about the welsh valleys being an holiday camp .ffs you should try a few weeks up here in the hills in the winter pal you wouldnt walk let alone run in constant driving rain and sleet and double figures below freezing .as for backing talk up you know the old saying talk is cheap mate .and as for the list of fighters you put up .i repeat if they hyad all been put into one they wouldnt lace joes boots mate .and as for hopkins being over the hill .when joe fought him .you being the historian maybe you can enlighten me by telling me did hopkins ride of into the sunset after joe beat him or did he hang around and achieve anything else in boxing .as for backing up big sweeping statements. il leave that ball in your court adios :thumbs:

I can see by that reply you clearly didnt know Calzaghe was started off by lawless and Duff :D .....and how is it contradicting to say because Terry didnt feel he was ready but Joe did that means he didnt duck anyone ....he wanted titles,money.....but as he did with all youngsters Terry would try to hold them back......by the time Calzaghe started ducking fighters Terry was long retired .... i can also see by your reply you dont really know much about London boxers....either that or you just cant think of any that might back up your claim of being crap......" talk is cheap " you say...well what do you prefer a little dance ? boil an egg maybe ?.....not much else you can do in a discussion on the internet mate.

So Calzaghe is psychic as well now is he.....how did he know at that time that Hopkins was going to be a freak athlete into his late 40,s !.....before you talk about 13 stone Germans have a look at some of the fighters Calzaghe made WORLD TITLE defences against...................as for your banging on about freezing cold icey Wales......you must remember Rocky 4 was just a film mate :laugh: .....Calzaghe could have gone to the London gyms any time he wanted like fighters from every part of the uk did....but he CHOSE to train at home in better surroundings.....London fighters never had that luxury.

I,ll back up any statements i make mate......if you cant well................maybe best not to make them.....or are you just toying with me :laugh:

Edited by gnasher16