carl froch

Sorry to hijack the thread, but did anyone watch "The fight of their lives" last night on I think it was ITV 4?

Nigel Benn's fight with Gerald Maclellen, seemed old Gerald rolled his dogs quite a bit?

Cheers, D.

Only need to look at the state of the fat b*****d dogs he had and listen to the story his trainer told about the labrador to understand the type Mcllellen was as regards dogs.....similar to the dopey little pakis hanging about on council estates chucking 2 dogs together and then calling it dog matching !

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went pretty much as i thought.... Froch gave it a go he wasnt outworked he wasnt out gamed he was just well beaten on pure boxing ability theres no shame in that......His footwork looked a little slow

I remember all that bickering between Hopkins and Calzaghe quite clearly but not as you have stated there mate.   I remember Warren putting a £million on the table for Hopkins to come over here and

Before making big sweeping statements its always best to make sure they are actually true ...you say Calzaghe " never in his career had the luxury of Duff or Lawless working in tandem ".........exact

yeh i liked haggler,, i still dont think he lost to lennard, mind he gave lennard evrything he wanted. and for max,, i think haggler would have beat calzagie had they met in there prime at the same weight...........then again i am biased, as i have met haggler , a real nice fella

You really think Hagler won that fight Tomo......must have had the conversation a hundred times over the years ive never met more than a handful of folk who thought Hagler won......if i remember right i had Leonard winning 9 rounds to 3...or maybe 8 to 4 i forget now......a clear win anyway.......we all see fights different though :thumbs:

• Like 1

the best middleweight of all time was with out a doubt avoided bye all . battered the life out of alan minter who i think was left a bit like jeff lacy an the man was shown no respect from minters home crowed beaten with tins of beer marvin hagler it was like dropping a rat into a terrier :yes:

yeh i liked haggler,, i still dont think he lost to lennard, mind he gave lennard evrything he wanted. and for max,, i think haggler would have beat calzagie had they met in there prime at the same weight...........then again i am biased, as i have met haggler , a real nice fella

a few years back i built some houses for a bloke named Alan Moore ,he was married to Tony Sibbos sister Karen, they live d close to you Tomo, and the rest of the family lived at Widmerpool, well we used to run a sweep on sibbos fights ,it was a fiver a man and you wrote down ,who would win,and what round ,well alan had been saying for weeks that tony would stop haggler in the sixth round especially when karen ,or her brothers were about ,but when it came to putting his hand in his pocket ,he wrote ,Haggler ,round one . :boogy:

i was at a dinner do a few year ago hagler said then and he`s gone on record i think as saying sibbo hit him the hardest he was hit in any of his fights .. Edited by the_stig

]i was at a dinner do a few year ago hagler said then and he`s gone on record i think as saying sibbo hit him the hardest he was hit in any of his fights ..

Kevin Finnegan fought Hagler twice and was stopped twice.................he later lost a decision to Sibson and went on record saying Tony Sibson hit him harder than anybody ever had.....said " it was like getting a concrete fence post rammed in your face "....or words to that effect.

Edited by gnasher16

the best middleweight of all time was with out a doubt avoided bye all . battered the life out of alan minter who i think was left a bit like jeff lacy an the man was shown no respect from minters home crowed beaten with tins of beer marvin hagler it was like dropping a rat into a terrier :yes:

a few years back i built some houses for a bloke named Alan Moore ,he was married to Tony Sibbos sister Karen, they live d close to you Tomo, and the rest of the family lived at Widmerpool, well we used to run a sweep on sibbos fights ,it was a fiver a man and you wrote down ,who would win,and what round ,well alan had been saying for weeks that tony would stop haggler in the sixth round especially when karen ,or her brothers were about ,but when it came to putting his hand in his pocket ,he wrote ,Haggler ,round one . :boogy:

i was at a dinner do a few year ago hagler said then and he`s gone on record i think as saying sibbo hit him the hardest he was hit in any of his fights ..

was it at nottingham about 10 year ago stig???

i was at a dinner do a few year ago hagler said then and he`s gone on record i think as saying sibbo hit him the hardest he was hit in any of his fights ..

was it at nottingham about 10 year ago stig???

it would have been around that time -- i used to deal in signed sports memorabilia - may have been at place in aspley called the commodore i think its a sainsburys now been to that many cant remember who i saw whr ..

You really think Hagler won that fight Tomo......must have had the conversation a hundred times over the years ive never met more than a handful of folk who thought Hagler won......if i remember right i had Leonard winning 9 rounds to 3...or maybe 8 to 4 i forget now......a clear win anyway.......we all see fights different though :thumbs:

yeh , i think the reason for me, was him comming forward all the time,, and i always thought most of lenards shots were not as heavy...

i seem to remember thinking most of lenards stuff was just tipy tapy stuff....

mind you i should watch it again , and see if i still think the same , its been at least 10 years since i watched it last

yeh i remember the comadore, i lived behind cyrils gym for 2 year,,,, no this was at blotts country club by home pierpont,, he came with his wife,, it was a good night

been blotts a few time is it still goin ? saw a run off em few year back in nottingham - bruno ,ron haslam carl fogerty , kenny burns,alan ball, john mcgovern ... do you know the baileys ... can you remember the lads that had the sports shop and gym in snienton market .. Edited by the_stig

yeh i worked on the door with chris a few years ago now ,, at gatecrasher..

feck me cant remember the name of the fella that owned the gym at snienton,,, big black fella,, it willcome to me in a bit..

yeh blotts is still going,,, had plenty of rabbits from round there,, yoused to drive down that lane on the way home early hours,,,

yeh i worked on the door with chris a few years ago now ,, at gatecrasher..

feck me cant remember the name of the fella that owned the gym at snienton,,, big black fella,, it willcome to me in a bit..

yeh blotts is still going,,, had plenty of rabbits from round there,, yoused to drive down that lane on the way home early hours,,,

did you ever come across ex boxer rob slater on the doors big lad 6 n half foot plus aint seen him in years bet he`d be lates 40s /50 now .. or an old fella ray cutts you move on loose touch .. Edited by the_stig
Guest Sorley Boys clan

i think leonard just sickened him with his speed the same as he did on Duran . Tommy Hearns was just as quick but he went in for a fight

Tommo it would have been a War worth watching thats for sure.

what a scrap that would have been .the two best middleweights of the modern era .what price a ticket for that one .i always thought that hagler won the fight with leonard . hagler was awesome and had some great fights with obel. and mugabe hearns .etc etc . joe as equally a great fighter in his time never beaten . i dont think robinson can be up there with em cos he lost to turpin he can say he didnt travel right and he avenged it but he still lost and he lost other fights as well .so for me it would have to be hagler versus joe both at theyre peak .and joe with two good hands .

i dont think robinson can be up there with em cos he lost to turpin he can say he didnt travel right and he avenged it but he still lost and he lost other fights

:icon_eek: When you have fought 200 fights over a 25 year career against the absolute best from the generations often fighting 2 or 3 fights per month........you tend to lose the odd fight.

Its always difficult comparing the different eras,i love speaking to the ol boys who were around during that era and remember Robinson.....ive never heard any of them say Robinson wasnt the best middleweight of all time.

Remember 2 fights from mid 80s , nobody seems to remember them but to me there where classics a welshman colin jones v an American Milton Mcory i think ive got the names right :icon_redface: , the American got the verdict in both fights , though i thought (though certranily no expert, and wouldnt take an argument about boxin cause i just watch and never boxed) Jones won 1 off them .