pigs in uk

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont know where to start.........not many of u have any idea about Pig hunting.........one dog can catch a pig this is how we here in NZ judge a good dog if it cant catch on its own its only a mutt.

kev you aint got a good dog for them then weve had plenty some inthe freezer now may have another before xmas

typical rifle man no sport in shooting game imo its alot better and enjoyable seeing a dog you brought on as a pup to do the job in hand jmo

Posted Images

. I don't care how much weight you say you can lift in your willy measuring contest, you won't be lifting the back leg of a mature boar and sticking a knife in.

Are you being serious?

He probably is being serious, Stabs, as he has never seen it before ! Although I think I'd prefer the .308 myself !! LOL !!

nz2.jpg

Cheers.

What do you mean? I've never seen it before? A picture of you besides a truck holding a rifle doesn't prove anything. I've done a bit, closer to home than NZ, although one of my best pals lives in Nelson, overlooking the river.

In France the dogs we used were fox terriers, the pigs weren't stuck though, they were shot whilst at bay.

If you want to lick someone's jacksie, crack on, just don't try and mug me off in the process. You ain't the only bloke who's been to NZ and you don't need a .308 for pigs, there's plenty taken with .223's.

Whoa mate !! YOU were the one who said no one could take a boar with a knife !! Two of us,me and Stabs have seen or done it !! You have made yourself look a prick !! It doesn't matter what you THINK; we have been there and done it !! You f****d up mate.........you said a boar couldn't be taken with it's leg pulled up and kniifed...you didn't have a clue !!

• Like 1
. I don't care how much weight you say you can lift in your willy measuring contest, you won't be lifting the back leg of a mature boar and sticking a knife in.

Are you being serious?

He probably is being serious, Stabs, as he has never seen it before ! Although I think I'd prefer the .308 myself !! LOL !!

nz2.jpg

Cheers.

What do you mean? I've never seen it before? A picture of you besides a truck holding a rifle doesn't prove anything. I've done a bit, closer to home than NZ, although one of my best pals lives in Nelson, overlooking the river.

In France the dogs we used were fox terriers, the pigs weren't stuck though, they were shot whilst at bay.

If you want to lick someone's jacksie, crack on, just don't try and mug me off in the process. You ain't the only bloke who's been to NZ and you don't need a .308 for pigs, there's plenty taken with .223's.

Whoa mate !! YOU were the one who said no one could take a boar with a knife !! Two of us,me and Stabs have seen or done it !! You have made yourself look a prick !! It doesn't matter what you THINK; we have been there and done it !! You f****d up mate.........you said a boar couldn't be taken with it's leg pulled up and kniifed...you didn't have a clue !!

Make that 3. Only done it about a half dozen times, as most get shot. But when them dogs stop em im on my way :D

This is less than 10 minutes from mine.

Dscn2344cutoutface-1.jpg

• Like 1

Are you being serious?

nz2.jpg

Cheers.

If you're going to give it the large one then read the thread properly! You haven't read it the way it was meant or read my reply to Stabs. So you f@cked up and you look a prick! My post was aimed at the idiots that were suggesting that they could run and kill one with a bull cross! I was also getting frustrated with those that didn't understand the difference between a wild boar and a wild pig. Seems that you are confused as well, let me clarify it for you, a Captain Cooker (wild pig of New Zealand) isn't a wild boar! They are 2 different animals, so maybe when you said that you'd seen wild boar killed with a knife you'd f@cked up again and looked like a prick!

A mature wild boar is 45 inches tall, weighs around 30 stone and is a lot bigger than a feral pig. What you saw in New Zealand and what you shot with a .308 wasn't a wild boar and isn't what this topic is about. Therefore you should run along and join those who don't know what they're talking about. As to your original comment of me never seeing it, what we hunt in France are proper wild boar, Sanglier, not wild pigs. It is you who hasn't seen it. I always thought you were half sensible, turns out you're just the same as most of the others, quick to jump on someone when in fact you don't know what you're on about. I'll try and get a picture up of me standing by a car in France, I might even have one with a dog beside me, that'll shut up all of the doubters!!!!!

Mate, you can back peddle as much as you like, but YOU said no one can lift a wild boars leg and knife it !!! You were WRONG, and have been proved WRONG !! By the way, I've hunted pig in North Africa, Eastern Europe, Australia, as well as NZ ! You said killing a boar with a knife couldn't be done, so OBVIOUSLY you HAVEN'T seen It!! Instead of trying to justify your mistake, you should just admit you were WRONG, and let it go, with a bit of dignity !!

Cheers.

If you've hunted pig in those places then surely you'd know that they're different animals, but you didn't so I ain't so sure. Where in Eastern Europe did you hunt? Which outfitter? Where abouts in North Adrica did you hunt? What method did you use? (This'll be an interesting answer!! Considering the local laws!) You've shot some feral pigs, and maybe seen one stuck but you ain't even seen a British Wild Boar, I doubt you've seen ANY true boar. Don't try and question me about stuff when you ain't even talking about the same animal as me! A picture of you, looking like Butch Dingle don't mean you can tell a pig from a boar! Are the pigs in the pictures mature wild boar? If so that makes the dogs around 45" tts!!

Edited by yeeharr

This is getting tedious ! You made a statement and IT WAS WRONG !!! I know it, you know it and everyone reading this post knows it !! You won't admit you were wrong, and no matter how much you twist and turn, you KNOW YOU WERE WRONG !! Now, as I say, this is getting tedious, so I won't bother replying again. Whatever I've done, or wherever I've been has nothing to do with the fact you made a stupid, WRONG statement !! You can't deny it, as it's written in this post, twist and turn as much as you like ! Last word from me !!

Cheers.

Chart, read the part of the post about how much weight the willy neasurers can lift, then you'll be able to understand the context of it. I wasn't wrong, I know my stuff. And I also know my stuff about North Africa, two of the blokes in Normandy are from there, Tunisia and Algeria. So I know a bit about hunting pigs in North Africa, turns out that you haven't got it WRONG about hunting pigs there, turns out that you're a liar! That's why you've had your final word, because you didn't have any answers and knew that your lies would be exposed if you tried to carry it on!

As you've lied I don't need to defend myself to you anymore, is that really you in that photograph? To be honest, it must be you, no one would pretend to look like that, that's what happens when you don't bring in blood from outside the line!!

Cheers.

Cheers

Chart, I've just got my pal to read my post and he said that it does read as though I'm saying it can't be done. He said sometimes my sarcasm is lost on the slower witted. So for that I apologise. It's not what I meant but it's what I posted and you read it as. I won't change it.

If you can now apologise for trying to win the argument by lying about North Africa, then we can move on. I'd be interested to hear about Eastern Europe, 3 of the blokes that work for me are from there and all are sporting gents, maybe they'll know where you've been.