pics ov your biggest hobs

I was just having a think while feeding the stinkers. It's funny how everyone is always saying get jills and not hobs, and jills are what they work etc. But the thing is, when you breed a litter, you really need a good, working hob. . . . . . . .

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

big boy bandit he is now 8 and still going strong.

One of this years young,, My mate was watching them while I was in Egypt,, f****n sure he was feeding him butter lol  

When I was younger we always bought a Hob as large as possible to work, we never bred our own as the local papers were always full of ferrets for free. Most large Hobs just look big because their fat

Posted Images

I was just having a think while feeding the stinkers. It's funny how everyone is always saying get jills and not hobs, and jills are what they work etc. But the thing is, when you breed a litter, you really need a good, working hob. . . . . . . .

Exactly my man and a small hob will likely produce small jills . Not for me if they ain't bolting I want a Jill that pins um down

I've only worked my 8 month old monster sized hob twice but he bolts the bunnys for sure.

He has made one kill down a hole but came out after couple mins and on another 2 occasions he has dragged them out of the hole backwards by the face.

Can't fault him. Got a medium sized hob and 2 small Jills. Think variety is the key to a good team :)

Gaz

totally agree longtail , last season went out with me mates BIG hobs and mine , me mate started to get carried away with himself and went in front ferreting some small 3 holers while i was picking up nets . by the time i was finished me mate had been in and out of sets and got none so i decided to put me little jill in and got 3 rabbits out of 3 sets which he already done ? I WONDER WHY ALB

ive got 2 brothers exactly the same, tried to get a pic of them both but it didnt work out. theyre identical. second picture is one of the brothers dont have a clue which one, hes not the biggest hob ive seen but big enough :thumbs:

post-62949-0-46049500-1322422442_thumb.jpg

post-62949-0-40559100-1322422495_thumb.jpg

this is my old hob. had to get rid of him as when i was at work the mother in law let the baby near the hutch and he got hold of the wee mans finger. that was it with the missus. he was a nippy b@stard and was always looking to sink his teeth somewhere. didnt have him long but he was definitley the biggest i have ever seen. picture doesnt show any of his size but its the only one i have. he was as thick as a 2ltr bottle of coke and heavier than one. and absolute monster. :thumbs:

post-62949-0-93031200-1322423006.jpg