Takers of Feather

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say "leave the hares for you guys"; Well, I'd far rather course a daytime hare, than any other field sport... BUT, I was invited, a couple of years ago to shoot goose on the 1st of sept. I enjoyed

Sorry lads been feeding dogs, ferrets and hanging my pheasants. I see this thread has rattled a few people especially labtastic. Lets get a few things straight I'm not some arsehole with an unruly do

IMHO a lurcher takeing a pheasant in mid air is one of the finest sights you can witness a lurcher doing.

Posted Images

My deer X bitch has had crow, pigeon and pheasant. She just seems a natural for them. And Lab... before you have a go at me ! LOL ! My other lurcher bitch is welcome on my local shoot, as she beats, retrieves runners and picks up ! But walking about local, where the birds are wild, I don't mind my dogs picking up my dinner for me !

Cheers.

tell you what then mate go tell the keeper you've been catching pheasants all around the shoot... Not on it but just around it... See how welcome you are then..... Lol

Lab, you've either misunderstood me or misread me ! My nearest shoot is 20 mile away !! My dogs peg the odd one around the doors, no where near a shoot. They, and I, are well behaved on the shoots, that's why we are welcome !!

Cheers.

my bitch has taken pheasant and 1 woodcock dont mind going out round the pens either to get 1 or 2 every now and then. not in a gun club so dont really care :yes:

Boom!!!!

i include allbirds into my stockbreaking training , my friends keep chickens and i ferret in places where birds are all the time, no matter the time of year the keepers my way would get pissed off and your dog taking a phessant infront of the farmer when you are there for rabbit control has got to do you no favours

My deer X bitch has had crow, pigeon and pheasant. She just seems a natural for them. And Lab... before you have a go at me ! LOL ! My other lurcher bitch is welcome on my local shoot, as she beats, retrieves runners and picks up ! But walking about local, where the birds are wild, I don't mind my dogs picking up my dinner for me !

Cheers.

tell you what then mate go tell the keeper you've been catching pheasants all around the shoot... Not on it but just around it... See how welcome you are then..... Lol

Lab, you've either misunderstood me or misread me ! My nearest shoot is 20 mile away !! My dogs peg the odd one around the doors, no where near a shoot. They, and I, are well behaved on the shoots, that's why we are welcome !!

Cheers.

To be fair mate it's a subject that really bothers me. And on here I realise your not an idiot with a dog( like some here) and I'm sure your a respectful kind of guy.

Also I've stated many times about not shooting hares as I wouldn't do it and I think it would be nice for them to be left for you guys..... All I'd expect is the similar 'in' return.

Anyway I won't harp on I'll let the big shots tell the story of killing loads for the fun of it !!!

• Like 1

Cheers.

Cheers.

To be fair mate it's a subject that really bothers me. And on here I realise your not an idiot with a dog( like some here) and I'm sure your a respectful kind of guy.

Also I've stated many times about not shooting hares as I wouldn't do it and I think it would be nice for them to be left for you guys..... All I'd expect is the similar 'in' return.

Anyway I won't harp on I'll let the big shots tell the story of killing loads for the fun of it !!!

lab round my way the gun club lads would shoot hares. so any pheasant that i can get is one less for them cheers danny

• Like 1

I collected 9 pheasants this morning. 5 cocks and 4 hens. Lot's of road kill this year.

I get your drift Lab, but road runners will always be taken by dogs on walks or general mooching in the country.

If your purposely hunting dogs near shoots then.....

Cheers.

Cheers.

lab round my way the gun club lads would shoot hares. so any pheasant that i can get is one less for them cheers danny

another thing I've always stated is one for the pot " mistakes" as they should be can't be helped. If you want to do it and do it often then you can't go crying when things go tits up!!!
  • Like 1

ive got one proficient bird catcher under control, rest donrt get the chance we get pheasants every week onmy permision mostly wild and some fly over from the chicken feeders estate as they let thousands go for sport if thats what you call it ,you cant beat a clean killed bird with a good dog to peg it ,caut ducks , partrigde ,woodcock, but pheasants are the most stupid for cachting ,in the great strike of 85 we took a lot of birds with airsporter and dog a great combination,

i work two chicken farm's one wont's my bitch to take pheasant even wooden mind if she took the odd chicken,but on the other farm he won't stand for me even tacking one with the gun but iv got to plummers that take pheasant in cover but i can call them off if need be