Sign in to follow this  
Goose Dog

Mixymatosis ?

we have been ferreting from august onward and so far have accounted for loads of rabbit but mixy has killed a lot and the affected rabbits wont bolt we are in north Kent just wondered if anyone else is suffering and where abouts you are

We had an abundance earlier in the year and dry weather for ages then periodic rain meaning warm and wet conditions i think this has caused a lot more mixy than normal

my permission has got patches of mixy all over it ,went out yesterday and got 11 good rabbits ,then today i went out with a guy off this site and 4 out of the first 5 had mixy the next 3 were perfect ,all the rabbits were ferreted within 200 yds of each other ? we were out near york

Haven't had any on my permission in Romsey/Salisbury, touch wood. Although I had a weird one yesterday, I had one with a weird eye, it looked inflamed and red, but it also had a lump/scar on its ear I put down to battle wounds. Could have been the start of mixy. F'in loads of ticks and fleas about though.

We got a touch mid August so shot loads and lamped them now still getting the odd rabbit with one eye closed but most just have scarring round there eyes

We've had one or two that are over it perhaps???? and its all down there backs ????? Anyone else seen that ???