pics of game etc

after readin all these threads about cacthing lots of rabbs and hanging them on gates whatever ,what is the acheivment ,ie is it for future pups to sell or self esteem as a big time hunter or just abit of crack to show other hunters youre game etc ,as a young lad we took the odd pic and for magazines e d rd , etc just trying to find what kinda hunters we have about ive always been brought up keep it to frends and close aqaintances ,now if your doing for pestcontrol a job and get paid handsomly fair and well ,done several rabb jobs and got paid well, lamping rabbs is good fun bolting them in daylite is great next to hares roe pre ban , sport for kings ,i just find it hard to understand how guys would put numbers of catches on internet logged by face book maybe scots people diffrent etc ,i dunno any way good luck with he hunting ,ive never found rabbs a big test unless of on good fast land ,even in the laycon days of the ninties at the rabbs my main concern was price at the end of the day all the best

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

same here whin hardly took a pic in the early days,,, i have a few but not many,,,,20 odd year ago me and a mate killed 70 or 72 rabbits and 1 hare 1 night with 2 dogs.... it was the best any of us ne

I tell you what the achievment is whin, its knowing you have a dog that can do it, reminding yourself or others of what a cracking time you had on that night, and sharing it with, hopefully like minde

whinge can barley speel he cant uplode a pic so he come on thl and act like a prick his dogs catch beasties in big stubbel he outwitt the law and dont get troubel he is da man he is da man if no

You really struggle to comprehend that your way aint the only way dont ya whin. Some people like taking pics, for memorys or as a kind of trophy. Does it really matter? Many of us really enjoy reading about other lads big nights, even if we are green with envy. And before you go off telling me to get out there and do abit my self, I do but I aint got the land for anything aproaching the numbers some lads on here have, so I'll just have to enjoy reading about it.

• Like 2

i take pics 2 look back at in years 2 come when the dogs are probly dead and bring back some of the memories we had together,i post them on here 2 share with other members and give them something to look at and talk about and share experinces about diffrent dreeds and how they work.if every1 was like u whin this would be the most boreing site ever.

• Like 6

after readin all these threads about cacthing lots of rabbs and hanging them on gates whatever ,what is the acheivment ,ie is it for future pups to sell or self esteem as a big time hunter or just abit of crack to show other hunters youre game etc ,as a young lad we took the odd pic and for magazines e d rd , etc just trying to find what kinda hunters we have about ive always been brought up keep it to frends and close aqaintances ,now if your doing for pestcontrol a job and get paid handsomly fair and well ,done several rabb jobs and got paid well, lamping rabbs is good fun bolting them in daylite is great next to hares roe pre ban , sport for kings ,i just find it hard to understand how guys would put numbers of catches on internet logged by face book maybe scots people diffrent etc ,i dunno any way good luck with he hunting ,ive never found rabbs a big test unless of on good fast land ,even in the laycon days of the ninties at the rabbs my main concern was price at the end of the day all the best

Just becasue ye dont do it whin does not make it wrong fella dont you try and prove what a big time hunter ye are for ye self esteem every time ye post how great ye are and how great ye dogs are or how far and wide ye have hunted the difference is the lads that post pics can prove it with pics all we have of ye is your say so behind a keyboard :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 5

i take pics 2 look back at in years 2 come when the dogs are probly dead and bring back some of the memories we had together,i post them on here 2 share with other members and give them something to look at and talk about and share experinces about diffrent dreeds and how they work.if every1 was like u whin this would be the most boreing site ever.

spot on could not of said it any better :-)

Same as the other answers, for me it adds to the memories, and it's a bit of a pride thing. Not all others might enjoy your pic or account of a hunting trip, but who cares?

I really wish that digi cameras and mobile phones had been available right throughout my hunting life, because the only pictures that I have of many of my Dogs and their (usually very modest!) achievements, not to mention the hours of pleasure they've given me, are now sadly just memories .

Edited by kenny14

1- Because they are proud of their dogs.

2 - Because it makes for a more interesting post.

3 - Because if you said you caught 80 rabs on here with no photos people would think you were lying.

4 - Because they can.

Whin - every post you make you always say how little a challenge catching rabbits is etc etc etc etc. It's getting old now mate, you always running others down.

• Like 1

same here whin hardly took a pic in the early days,,, i have a few but not many,,,,20 odd year ago me and a mate killed 70 or 72 rabbits and 1 hare 1 night with 2 dogs.... it was the best any of us new in our circle of friends........but no photo of it .

but today we have this site for sharing opinions , storys, and information,,,,, what i do is legal for the time being,, we have permison in wrighting ,, insurance to be on land,,,

i for one like to see lads out doing a bit, and reading and looking at pics,,, ide rather that than,, lets see your collie cross,,bull cross,, saluki cross ect ect

• Like 14

I tell you what the achievment is whin, its knowing you have a dog that can do it, reminding yourself or others of what a cracking time you had on that night, and sharing it with, hopefully like minded people who can relate to what an achievement it is..you so many times try to undermine what other people are doing, you are really over ice-ening the cake you are trying to bake. You loose credibility every time you say some of the silly things you do, how can anyone who knows the crack say that its not an achievement to kill big numbers of rabbits on a night..What Minshaw was doing in the north west, I and others were matching in the north east, and I would never let you or anyone else say that what we did wasnt some form of achievement..and the lads that are getting big numbers now, know what it took, and they will not let you get away with it my friend..

I think you have made a rod for your own back with this thread.

.Im totally jealous of the lads going down the dales on here and getting big numbers, jealous that Im not there with them to experience once again what its like to be among them..I wish them all success and hope they enjoy every minute of it, and just think that you maybe should do the same..come out of the land of make believe where you say you hunted..give a bit credit to the guys and their dogs

• Like 10