weight and numbers

Just go out and enjoy being out, if the dog misses a couple so be it if it nails every run brilliant.

I personally enjoy reading lads posts on here of nights/days out wether it a couple or 100 hung on a fence, just enjoy your dogs lads.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to Whin, everybody running dogs is an 'ameuter' apart from him and his mystery group of friends, and in his eyes their dogs are not the 'real deal'. Probably because they are not trying to f

Is it nesessary to be all scientific with your dog's?   I'm sure most judge by the eye.

no way can you rate a dog on catch to slip ratio :laugh: theres abit more to it than that the dog that caught 20 from 100 could have ran on totally different terrain/conditions than the dog who d

Inbox empty mate.

He's getting to run the hallowed land?

Surely there is no way he will catch anything up there? Isn't all the game twice as fast, three times as big and four times as smart?

that's only if you have a dale dog :tongue2:

Each to there own eh ! if you want to keep a count then do that, if you dont then there you go .personally i do and make allowances for slips close to fences cover etc ,seems like some folk just lik a moan aout anything ,what harm is someone counting runs doing to ya .

yis hillkeeper

If you need to keep tallys and ratio's imo the fun has gone out of it for you and if you carnt tell a good dog to a bad one or average one you ain't much cop yourself. Some people just need to get on with it instead of talking the talk and start doing abit more walking.

Romany ( i think) made an interesting point a while ago, he mentioned that he kept tallys of game run and game caught for himself and for all those he had been out with.

He said that often, when asked at a later date (years maybe), the dogs owners were often way way out in what they remembered their dogs catching, adding many to the bag.

And there is nothing wrong with keeping a count for your own sake. I write down the numbers of rabbits ferreted on every trip, a long with where it was etc, so that i can accuratly tell the land owner and so that i can keep track myself of what land held what etc etc etc.

I think thats a good idea mate the farmer will be chuffed end of the year when you tell him that you've taken X amount of his land, I text the land owners after each trip with the ferrets and say what we've had from which field ect to keep him in the picture. Not so much to keep a tally more so they know your providing a service of sorts.

If you need to keep tallys and ratio's imo the fun has gone out of it for you and if you carnt tell a good dog to a bad one or average one you ain't much cop yourself. Some people just need to get on with it instead of talking the talk and start doing abit more walking.

Romany ( i think) made an interesting point a while ago, he mentioned that he kept tallys of game run and game caught for himself and for all those he had been out with.

He said that often, when asked at a later date (years maybe), the dogs owners were often way way out in what they remembered their dogs catching, adding many to the bag.

And there is nothing wrong with keeping a count for your own sake. I write down the numbers of rabbits ferreted on every trip, a long with where it was etc, so that i can accuratly tell the land owner and so that i can keep track myself of what land held what etc etc etc.

I think thats a good idea mate the farmer will be chuffed end of the year when you tell him that you've taken X amount of his land, I text the land owners after each trip with the ferrets and say what we've had from which field ect to keep him in the picture. Not so much to keep a tally more so they know your providing a service of sorts.

same here pal, around the farm yard where there is a few rabbits we tend to always say to the farmer what we have caught there ferreting. its not impossible to take the odd few on the lamp but it is hard to catch them as they can run through the farm yard! Less they see around the farm the better for us!! :thumbs:

It's all to do with people thinking there dogs are better than others, looks at some of the idiots on here for example bragging there pups are on a 100 rabbits etc. How pathetic just get out there and enjoy it, after all thats what its supposed to be fun and a laugh !

horses, greyhounds,they all try for the best,so whats wrong with trying to get one of the best lurchers,dont you try to put the best dog possible to your bitch when you bred.having a well bred pup is only half the battle the other half is the man,talking of bragging didnt you say your greyhound had caught more rabbits in one season than most lurchers catch in 3,and she was out for 3 month with pups,thats not just bagging i would say its mixed with a bit of bull,you know what they say about glass houses

It's all to do with people thinking there dogs are better than others, looks at some of the idiots on here for example bragging there pups are on a 100 rabbits etc. How pathetic just get out there and enjoy it, after all thats what its supposed to be fun and a laugh !

horses, greyhounds,they all try for the best,so whats wrong with trying to get one of the best lurchers,dont you try to put the best dog possible to your bitch when you bred.having a well bred pup is only half the battle the other half is the man,talking of bragging didnt you say your greyhound had caught more rabbits in one season than most lurchers catch in 3,and she was out for 3 month with pups,thats not just bagging i would say its mixed with a bit of bull,you know what they say about glass houses

So what was your last user name then ? Wrote that well before you joined, I was only speaking the trueth nothing to do with bragging !

It's clear there is a massive amount of jealousy over a few on here who clearly have got dogs catching high numbers.

I like reading their posts, and It's great to see dogs catching that amount in one outing, well done, but why oh why pick faults with their dogs, owners, land and ratios!

:laugh:

• Like 2

i have only just started keeping records of what i catch and will carry on doing so there will always be a time when you have a good day only to forget later what the total and what part of the permission you got most from

Just go out and enjoy being out, if the dog misses a couple so be it if it nails every run brilliant.

I personally enjoy reading lads posts on here of nights/days out wether it a couple or 100 hung on a fence, just enjoy your dogs lads.

Each to there own eh ! if you want to keep a count then do that, if you dont then there you go .personally i do and make allowances for slips close to fences cover etc ,seems like some folk just lik a moan aout anything ,what harm is someone counting runs doing to ya .

yis hillkeeper

It's clear there is a massive amount of jealousy over a few on here who clearly have got dogs catching high numbers.

I like reading their posts, and It's great to see dogs catching that amount in one outing, well done, but why oh why pick faults with their dogs, owners, land and ratios!

:laugh:

Three very well wrote posts...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Guest born to run1083

Funny how sometimes Whin's posts are easily read and yet other times they need an enigma machine. Some people might think that there was two different people on the same log in...... :whistling:

I hope not.... :bye:

I just thought he liked his drink, the sober whin is understandable and the pissed whin you need a translator, could be worst could be the other way around haha lol, Joball you must be like me, spell checker saves the day I can't spell for shit lol. Makes me sound like an old fart half the time haha lol

You sound a right miserable b*****d and for Whin , a bigger bum than 10 arses

• Like 1