first permisson stolen from under my nose

last week i bagged my first permission after well over a year of trying. so thought id better go and get a new scope (any excuse to give the missus ;) ). anyway attached the new scope a couple of nights ago and it just needed zero'ing. called the man at the permission about 15:30 today to see if it was ok to visit tonight and zero there before i went and tried for a few bunnies. he then tells me he gave a couple of other guys permission a few days ago and would prefer it if only one set of people had permission at a time so took my permission away. i was so angry i was shaking but managed to keep my head and tell him "oh fair enough, let me know if it doesnt work out with the other guys" followed by me slamming the phone and shouting a rather rude word at the top of my voice.

so back to square one...just hope it doesnt take me another year to get another go at it.

Guest AngelicAcid

Its happened to me on a canny bit of land, i even started the lad off, gave hime jackets, footwear sorted some ferrets the lot. he barely speaks now, he knows who he is, and my problems, still never gave me a chance, or a f**k about morals, something of which i hold in high regard.

You want to be ashamed of yourself MATE, but ive one thing you will never have, Pride in my family, im not self centered and have a great life now.

Rant over, anyway mate, keep knocking, get insured the lot.

• Like 1

last week i bagged my first permission after well over a year of trying. so thought id better go and get a new scope (any excuse to give the missus ;) ). anyway attached the new scope a couple of nights ago and it just needed zero'ing. called the man at the permission about 15:30 today to see if it was ok to visit tonight and zero there before i went and tried for a few bunnies. he then tells me he gave a couple of other guys permission a few days ago and would prefer it if only one set of people had permission at a time so took my permission away. i was so angry i was shaking but managed to keep my head and tell him "oh fair enough, let me know if it doesnt work out with the other guys" followed by me slamming the phone and shouting a rather rude word at the top of my voice.

so back to square one...just hope it doesnt take me another year to get another go at it.

gutted! well bad luck!

Idea from Mole HQ. If he was willing to let you have the permission, perhaps he has friends who could do with your attention. Ask him politely if he knows of any others who have a problem that would require your attention! Ask if he could have a word or ask for the names!

cheers mole didnt think of that at the time, probably due to the rage running through me, but makes alot of sense

Good luck with finding new land and I think we'd all agree here that the farmer was a bit of a cupid stunt for pulling that one on you.

If I were him, I'd have said that I already had a chap to do pest control - first come first served after all.

Moleys idea of asking him for other possibilities is a sound one.

Cheers and all the best,

Duncan.

TBH you should have let him have it,, too many farmers act like twats and just get away with it,, at the end of the day,, we do them a free service and lots of them treat us like shit for it,, tell him your pissed off,, and let him know what he`s done,, this is why they act like this,, cause nobody says boo to them,,

There is always other permission,, I jacked some superb permission earlier cause the farmer acted the twat, and showed me up in front od two ladss on here,, so I told him exactly what he was,, a whining tight arsehole who wanted a free service AND to be able to talk to me like shit,,,,

Feck him,, you`ll come good,, but don`t eat shit for him or others like him

ATB mate, and good luck

• Like 1