Who burns what?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i burn tenners in mine,well it f*****g feels like that greedy scottish power lol wish i had a log fire

"During the war .........................."                                                                                         Gonetoearth sitting wa

I hear you are using bridges? lol

Posted Images

For all the multi fuel stove owners, what do you burn to get efficient performance?

Coal and wood, or either one alone?

:thumbs:

we burn wood through the day then last thing throw on some anthracite to keep it in over night our burner is small so if we just put wood on last thing even damped right down its gone by the morning

For best prolonged heat. Put a log on first then a shovel of coal on top, but i keep my doors open when it is cold, treat it like an open fire.

To bank it up for the night coal only, wood does not last long enough.

For best prolonged heat. Put a log on first then a shovel of coal on top, but i keep my doors open when it is cold, treat it like an open fire.

To bank it up for the night coal only, wood does not last long enough.

I thought that was a secret?

Not quite a stove, I've fitted an all night burner.

Am using 80% wood when I'm around, then a couple of shovels of Excel smokeless when I got out or to bed, it burns all night (as it should)

Best I've had so far was 10 hours, and it was still glowing hot enough to just put a few small bits of wood on and get going again.

Really pleased with this, it is sealed to the sides and bottom of the Milner brick, you can shut it right down, almost like you would a stove, obviously it doesn't have the radiator effect a stove would have but it's like Barbados in here now anyway!