testimony

i have no prob in anyone following a faith,as long as it does not infringe on my life.what i mean by that is.preaching to me or judging my actions or way of life.what man has the right to judge another man.i dont believe in god or the bible.it is a lie based on a lie and full of contradictions.it was written by man,and as we know all authors will write in a fashion that expresses thier own views rather than all.

if todd has found peace in his life,and that peace came from believing in god and shit.then who am i to say he is wrong in that,

i once heard a really funny thing.someone said the very thing i did to a bible basher.

"your into god and the bible and shit arent you"

he replied

"the only shit in the bible son,is what came out of pharoes arse,when moses parted the red sea"

lol i actually thought that was a good comeback.

It is a good comeback. My main point is that eventhough I was a drunk, a dopehead, and a hypocrite, God was still waiting on me. He loves everyone of us, even those who say there is no God. I know this not only because someone told me, or because I read it in the Bible but because I have lived it.

I remember for 3 days after I was saved i would not tell anyone, because I wanted to make sure I was right. I really never felt saved until after i started telling people that i was saved. Five years later I got into an argument with someone and my Aunt said "i knew he was faking" Todd

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shouldnt knock another mans faith in god.......ive a couple of close pals both of who have gone a bit nutty on the whole God thing over recent years,one of which is now a full blown born again christi

You can thank jesus , mohamed , father christmas or the tooth fairy , any problems you had ,you overcome them yourself , don,t give some fictional make believe character credit for what you did yours

When I get doorstepped by them , I quote Jonn ,chapter 6 verse 4..................and verily did jesus yawn ,scratcheth his knackers and renounce the tresspassers by bidding them to fucketh offeth ame

Sounds like you've been through some pretty horrible things, Deadgame, and to lose a child like that is unthinkable.

Whatever it was that gave you the strenght to come out the other side, however you look at it, it was you who made the decision to straighten yourself out and I respect you very much for that.

Stay well, mate :victory:

Todd, fair play to you......you have an extra thing in your life that makes you feel human in a way that you cant explain to someone who dont have it..........good for you.

I beleive what ever I believe but what I know for a fact is that love exists, there is no genetic or scientific reason for one human animal (the most intelligent being on earth) to risk its life to save another and yet men do it every day :yes: .........explain that, I bet Darwin cant ;)

I know there are times that I have been in the lake district or Scotland or Wales......seen the sun come up and looked at some awsome views and thought to myself "Theres no way this or the way it makes me feel is a f*****g accident".........but I always say to anyone, beleive (or not) what you like as long as your happy........ :thumbs:

This is a good post. someone earlier said that If I would have been born in saudia arabia I would have been a Muslim. Which may be true, Or in India, I may be worshiping a cow, but when these people look up into the sky like you did and say what you said "Theres no way this or the way it makes me feel is a f*****g accident"......... Or maybe they are watching a cow poop in the street and say there is no way that that nasty cow made this. Then God will send someone to that person to tell them about his son Jesus.......

I live hundreds of miles from you but we all have a common interest in hunting, God may have sent me here to speak to you...... Todd

Now. . . . not being a dick or anything.

But is there not a correlation between those who do not have the will power to stop doing drugs / smoking / drinking and those that do not have the will power to get through life without a belief system?

But respect to you for being open about it and making the changes you wished for you life.

Well that may be true.. A lot of the ones that don't have the will power to stop and chose not to have a belief system, end of dead. I have lost so many of my friends to drug overdoses, in the past few years. Including my first born son Todd dead at 28, My best friend and Cousin Bruce dead at 40. My very good friend David, dead at 46, and many more.

I would hate to stand before God and him ask anyone of you who I was, and you say a bloke that worked Patterdales from the States..... I would rather have you say Oh yeah he is the guy that we made fun of for posting that Jesus was the only way to get to Heaven....... Todd

Don't believe in anything like god, it's all medieval mumbo jumbo to me but I wouldn't knock a mans beliefs either. But but I must say putting a .38 to your bonce sounds like you need a good talking too or some Prozac. I've done some things in my time and had a GREAT deal of shit happen to me but put a gun to my head over some puff and some dinks.

I left out the part about my wife and kids leaving me. Todd

I would rather have you say Oh yeah he is the guy that we made fun of for posting that Jesus was the only way to get to Heaven....... Todd

Very few people have made fun of you on this thread Todd, you've managed to provoke one of the most fascinating debates I've ever read on here. :yes: Mal :thumbs:

Now. . . . not being a dick or anything.

But is there not a correlation between those who do not have the will power to stop doing drugs / smoking / drinking and those that do not have the will power to get through life without a belief system?

But respect to you for being open about it and making the changes you wished for you life.

Well that may be true.. A lot of the ones that don't have the will power to stop and chose not to have a belief system, end of dead. I have lost so many of my friends to drug overdoses, in the past few years. Including my first born son Todd dead at 28, My best friend and Cousin Bruce dead at 40. My very good friend David, dead at 46, and many more.

I would hate to stand before God and him ask anyone of you who I was, and you say a bloke that worked Patterdales from the States..... I would rather have you say Oh yeah he is the guy that we made fun of for posting that Jesus was the only way to get to Heaven....... Todd

Wasn't making fun of you mate, i think your post provoked a lot of thoughts for a lot of folk on here. Glad you got your life straightened out and made it through the hard times.

Language can never convay a thing such as love that's so deeply embedded within ourselves without resorting to cliches, how many songs have been sung and poems written and yet none of them truly express love only one individual's interpritation of love and how they felt about it at the time.

We're programmed to feel it and give it to those closest to us, to protect and nurcher our children and family. It's a very clever mechanism that nature has given us to preserve.

Maybe you're right and language can never fully describe of put into words what love is, but here we are using our language to talk about it! :blink::laugh:

Greater minds than us all have debated this subject for thousands of years and still there isn't a definite answer, only the same old questions! :D

Suppose it keeps life interesting.. :good:

Well The new testament was written in ancient Greek and there were several words that were translated into are word love. Philo, Agapeo are a couple of them.

If you say I Ilove you. the meaning would be different according to where and how it was said. If you are in a strip joint and screaming to a girl with her close off, it would have one meaning. If you say it with a question mark it would have another. I LOVE YOU? Or if you say it at a death bed or even at wedding chapel.it would still have another.

The Bible says that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. .True love is giving, maybe giving your life to save someone elses....

Even when I was dealing drugs I had a form of religion. When i would send someone out with the drugs, I would pray that they would not get busted or that they would not rip me off, when they came back with the money I thought that God had answered my prayer..... I realize how stupid that is now, but at the time I did not. God gave us all a freewill we have the ability to decide for ourselves what we believe or choose not to believe. If we decide that we do not want to be with God when we die it will be enforced.

The Bible says that God gives rain to the just and the unjust. here on Earth while we are alive, we still benefit from God even if we do not believe in him. The worst part about Hell is not that it is a place of fire and brimestone, but that it is a place seperate from God. God is light, so in Hell there is no light, God is Love, in Hell there is no love. God is peace........etc. When Jesus hung on the cross, he could have come down but chose to stay up there, because he loved us, and he knew his father loved us. If we reject him, and we do die we will be seperated from him for all eternity knowing that he paid the price so that we could be with him....... that will be much worse than fire.....

Language can never convay a thing such as love that's so deeply embedded within ourselves without resorting to cliches, how many songs have been sung and poems written and yet none of them truly express love only one individual's interpritation of love and how they felt about it at the time.

We're programmed to feel it and give it to those closest to us, to protect and nurcher our children and family. It's a very clever mechanism that nature has given us to preserve.

Maybe you're right and language can never fully describe of put into words what love is, but here we are using our language to talk about it! :blink::laugh:

Greater minds than us all have debated this subject for thousands of years and still there isn't a definite answer, only the same old questions! :D

Suppose it keeps life interesting.. :good:

Well The new testament was written in ancient Greek and there were several words that were translated into are word love. Philo, Agapeo are a couple of them.

If you say I Ilove you. the meaning would be different according to where and how it was said. If you are in a strip joint and screaming to a girl with her close off, it would have one meaning. If you say it with a question mark it would have another. I LOVE YOU? Or if you say it at a death bed or even at wedding chapel.it would still have another.

The Bible says that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. .True love is giving, maybe giving your life to save someone elses....

Even when I was dealing drugs I had a form of religion. When i would send someone out with the drugs, I would pray that they would not get busted or that they would not rip me off, when they came back with the money I thought that God had answered my prayer..... I realize how stupid that is now, but at the time I did not. God gave us all a freewill we have the ability to decide for ourselves what we believe or choose not to believe. If we decide that we do not want to be with God when we die it will be enforced.

The Bible says that God gives rain to the just and the unjust. here on Earth while we are alive, we still benefit from God even if we do not believe in him. The worst part about Hell is not that it is a place of fire and brimestone, but that it is a place seperate from God. God is light, so in Hell there is no light, God is Love, in Hell there is no love. God is peace........etc. When Jesus hung on the cross, he could have come down but chose to stay up there, because he loved us, and he knew his father loved us. If we reject him, and we do die we will be seperated from him for all eternity knowing that he paid the price so that we could be with him....... that will be much worse than fire.....

No need to preach to me mate, me and god are a good place together as we are. :yes: Despite what I've said on this thread, I do have faith. :yes: Whether it's faith in a book written by men or in something I don't remotely understand, it's still there.

No matter what you believe, I feel it's an insult to our conciousness to totally close our minds to all possibilities bar one. If god made us, it's an insult to his work to not utilise what he gave us to it's maximum capability and ask ourselves such thought provoking questions. If he didn't, then it's an insult to everything we've ever collectively learned and evolved to be.. :thumbs:

PS. I'm not even sure that all makes sense.. :blink::laugh:

Deadgame, you say that god 'loves us all' and then you go on to say that ' If we decide that we do not want to be with God when we die it will be enforced. It's a bit like saying to someone 'love me or I'll kill you', don't you think? And lets be honest, most of the ten commandment are god telling Moses to pass on to the rest of mankind that if we don't worship 'him' we're all damned? Funny kind of love, IMHO.

Without doubt there will be people who read this that take the piss,laugh or generally think this chap deadgame is completely nuts..........personally i admire the guts it takes for a man to stand by his convictions and be true to himself regardless of what others say.....

A good friend of mine who i referred to earlier once told me the most difficult thing about his whole " saviour " thing was the reaction he would get from those around him,fear of idiots like me laughing at him......but as ive heard said many times,its not always easy to be a christian.......so mr deadgame,hats off to you sir.

• Like 3