Mendip Charity shoot & team AAOC & missie29

Copied from the AAOC

Hi every one

Some of you may have seen paulbarnard’s post in need of a shooting partner, as his daughter had to pull out due to work commitments!

Well as Paul and his daughters supported our shoot in august, it just seemed right that I would put myself up as his shooting partner!

Well what a day out this was! Left my house at 9:30am and got to the shooting ground by 11:00am. Once I met up with Paul and he showed me around the grounds “WOW!!” what a great place to shoot at.

30yd indoor range, a HFT course, a plinking range, gun shop, and most of all a friendly welcome!

I had to check zero, so of to the indoor range to do so.

IMG_0796.jpg

I filled to 190bar so new I had to use at least 2 mags, before I was at my sweet point! A couple of clicks and all were done.

So back to the comp, and watch how the others were getting on.

It wasn’t long and the Christine was up first. And finished with a respectable score of 27/30, with 3 standing shots as well I think!

Team missie 29

Christine

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

Then molly was called forward, also with a good score of 21/30

Molly

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

Another junior

IMG_0781.jpg

Then team AAOC was called up, so Paul went first!

Shooting his Evo and it looks splendid!!

IMG_0787.jpg

As the wind got up and still got a score of 25/30

Paul

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

I was then called up, and while I was watching for a while I did think to myself “this looks easy!!” how wrong was I!

I said to myself before I started to shoot that a score of 27/30 would be great! And to hit the 8mm dia on the bell target, and the 8yd rabbit which had 2 kill zones of 10mm I think. Well i got 2 out of three, the bell and the rabbit DOH!!

And a score of 25/30 which i was happy with. And would just like to say! Out of the 11 teams taking part the bell was only hit twice!

So that was enough for me!

Sorry no pics of me shooting! Not multitasking today!

Then it was time for lunch, with the club putting on a buffet, which was very nice indeed! Sorry no photo’s to busy eating mmmmmmm

Then it was on to the archery, which was part of the comp, 1 team 2 sports. Air rifle shooting & archery.

Team AAOC joint score of 26

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Team Missie 29AKA Chrissie & molly scored 19

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

Then it was time for the raffle which we didn’t do to good at all,

Quick look at the score board

IMG_0797.jpg

Then! Presentation time, Paul and I both waited to see the winners two top lads and the girls get there trophy’s

Here!

Team Bunny huggers

IMG_0798.jpg

Team missie 29

IMG_0802.jpg

Hats on

IMG_0806.jpg

And hats off, to you girls!

IMG_0805.jpg

Then to our own surprise 2nd place was called! “Team AAOC”

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

And we received a Mendip shooting cap, falcon gun slip, tin of AA fields .177

Well I was gobsmacked didn’t expect anything!

A well worth trip out for the day, and to give money to a charity too, Also they let of a load of balloons.

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

First balloon to be found won a prize, but can’t remember what it was .maybe Paul will enlighten us!

If this club is close to you, by an hour or so it is well worth a day out deffo!

Thanks again Paul for a great!! Time

IMG_0807.jpg

Regards

Davy

• Like 1

Also copied from my reply on AAOC (It's 4:34 in the morning and i am between meetings so not too creative on the writing front)

Davy it was great to have you as my shooting partner for this one. I really appreciate you stepping in. Fantastic photos too! I didn't realise that I had the ability to take photos until late in the proceedings so didn't get one of Davy shooting :icon_redface:

It really was a good day out. The Hills always put on a great event and this one was no exception. Bacon rolls when we got there, masses of food for lunch and way too many cakes. I did my best but there were still loads left at the end.

The weather was wonderfully kind with fairly calm conditions all day. Of course it was windiest when Davy and myself were shooting :angel: When I started my turn I missed the first three shots at the 65yard end of the course so was a bit flustered by that. It went well from there and I even went down the line of reducers, 8 of them from 50mm down to 8mm without a miss. Then it was that tricky bell shot only 2 yards farther out and also 8mm but I missed it. At this point Chrissy was giving me quite a bit of verbal aggravation as even if I hit everything else I couldn't beat her. I'm convinced thats why I missed the next one as well :hmm: so now Chrissy had beaten me and she happily proclaimed to everyone there, so all that was left was to uphold my own dignity and I hit everything else. I was very disappointed with my 25 as I was pretty sure it was going to be quite a low score. Davy went next and true gentleman that he is deliberately dropped a couple of shots to get the same score as me. He proved that he could have shot it clean if he had wanted too by getting the 8mm bell target :toast: I agree with Davy it was actually quite a bit more tricky than it looked from the spectating side. Hats off to those getting such high scores.

The archery was quite interesting to say the least. Davy and me were hoping for a very bad showing by the Bunny Muggers on the archery so that we were still in with a chance. No such luck. It turned out they have shot arrows quite a bit before, one even has his own bow :hmm: . Davy and myself stepped up to the line to try archery for the first time. We were allowed two practice arrows then the next three counted to our score. My first arrow missed the target completely and finished up in the hedge at the end of the range. A little worried I tried again and the second arrow joined the first one in the hedge. This was now looking pretty disastrous. A bit of advice from the my 'instructor' and the next arrow, the first one to count, hit right in the gold for 5 points. The next one was just on the edge of the gold in the red for 4 points. I then shot my last arrow and gold again! A total of 14 out of a possible 15 points. I was majorly shocked and not a little pleased. Davy also shot a blinder and his 12 kept us ahead of the George Inn team securing us 2nd place. The added bonus being that we topped the Bunny Muggers score on the archery :boogy: . This is the second year running that I have been runner up to the Bunny Muggers, next year.....

The girls made me proud again. Chrissy shot her usual blinder with a 27 and Molly who hasn't been shooting for a very long time (the horse is getting priority at the moment) shot a very credible 21. Molly turned the tables on Chrissy in the archery and comfortable out shot her. Needless to say Molly is now keen to take up archery. They are so competitive with each other :hmm:

A couple of final things to mention is that there were a lot of other teams than shown on the score board but they didn't bother to hand in their score cards. The shooting on the range went on from 10am through to 5pm with just a break for lunch and the raffle. It was a very friendly event with lots of chin wagging and friendly banter.

I don't know the final amount to charity yet but the auction raised well over £2000 on it's own plus another £400 from the raffle. The balloon race was sold out before I got a chance to buy one. The winner will be the one that gets returned from farthest away. I did buy myself some clay shooting lessons in the auction and the girl made off with some great animal prints.

A very enjoyable day. Davy your a star for driving down. Thanks

Edited by paulrbarnard
Copied from the AAOC

Hi every one

Some of you may have seen paulbarnard’s post in need of a shooting partner, as his daughter had to pull out due to work commitments!

Well as Paul and his daughters supported our shoot in august, it just seemed right that I would put myself up as his shooting partner!

Well what a day out this was! Left my house at 9:30am and got to the shooting ground by 11:00am. Once I met up with Paul and he showed me around the grounds “WOW!!” what a great place to shoot at.

30yd indoor range, a HFT course, a plinking range, gun shop, and most of all a friendly welcome!

I had to check zero, so of to the indoor range to do so.

IMG_0796.jpg

I filled to 190bar so new I had to use at least 2 mags, before I was at my sweet point! A couple of clicks and all were done.

So back to the comp, and watch how the others were getting on.

It wasn’t long and the Christine was up first. And finished with a respectable score of 27/30, with 3 standing shots as well I think!

Team missie 29

Christine

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

Then molly was called forward, also with a good score of 21/30

Molly

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

Another junior

IMG_0781.jpg

Then team AAOC was called up, so Paul went first!

Shooting his Evo and it looks splendid!!

IMG_0787.jpg

As the wind got up and still got a score of 25/30

Paul

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

I was then called up, and while I was watching for a while I did think to myself “this looks easy!!” how wrong was I!

I said to myself before I started to shoot that a score of 27/30 would be great! And to hit the 8mm dia on the bell target, and the 8yd rabbit which had 2 kill zones of 10mm I think. Well i got 2 out of three, the bell and the rabbit DOH!!

And a score of 25/30 which i was happy with. And would just like to say! Out of the 11 teams taking part the bell was only hit twice!

So that was enough for me!

Sorry no pics of me shooting! Not multitasking today!

Then it was time for lunch, with the club putting on a buffet, which was very nice indeed! Sorry no photo’s to busy eating mmmmmmm

Then it was on to the archery, which was part of the comp, 1 team 2 sports. Air rifle shooting & archery.

Team AAOC joint score of 26

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Team Missie 29AKA Chrissie & molly scored 19

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

Then it was time for the raffle which we didn’t do to good at all,

Quick look at the score board

IMG_0797.jpg

Then! Presentation time, Paul and I both waited to see the winners two top lads and the girls get there trophy’s

Here!

Team Bunny huggers

IMG_0798.jpg

Team missie 29

IMG_0802.jpg

Hats on

IMG_0806.jpg

And hats off, to you girls!

IMG_0805.jpg

Then to our own surprise 2nd place was called! “Team AAOC”

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

And we received a Mendip shooting cap, falcon gun slip, tin of AA fields .177

Well I was gobsmacked didn’t expect anything!

A well worth trip out for the day, and to give money to a charity too, Also they let of a load of balloons.

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

First balloon to be found won a prize, but can’t remember what it was .maybe Paul will enlighten us!

If this club is close to you, by an hour or so it is well worth a day out deffo!

Thanks again Paul for a great!! Time

IMG_0807.jpg

Regards

Davy

Nice shooting Davy great pics too ,as usual always there to aid others or to give a helping hand .As already said looks a good day out .

On another note if you close one eye and squint with the other you almost look the spitting image of Robin Of Sherwood .LOL

lads,my shooting partner does get about a bit.ive started to call him 'alan wicker'and with the bow,davy looks more like 'robbin pud'than robbin hood.[lol]well done buddy on 2nd place,and well done on a fantastic score at hft today.58.

robin of the hood ....and then davy robin who ate all the pud...

atb gary