Bloody Mrk3

I had same problem last week when I changed the batteries in mine (see thread), they bleeped a few times and then wouldn't work. I spoke to Paul in customer service at deben and he said the magnet fob is more powerful than recovered magnet and can sometimes get a better conection in collar.

This didn't sort mine out bit might be worth a try!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha. How many times have I seen us older chaps who prefer the grey box slagged off for not moving with the times and not appreciating and embracing new technology?.   Even Deben realised that they w

Quite right. The collar is at its most accurate with the inside of the collar facing the sky. In other words just the position it would be in when hanging under the ferrets neck . The trouble i

The thing is mate, they turn on, they just give incorrect readings.

As for "cannot be repaired, only replaced", i guess that would fit in with what i have heard about Deben being money grabbing b*****ds.

I have 2 boxes here and if both have died within the space of 2 seasons, one only actually being used for same a total of a dozen trips, and niether can be repaired, but need to be replaced at a cost of over 100 quid each, then Deben really ARE scum of the earth.

As for "cannot be repaired, only replaced", i guess that would fit in with what i have heard about Deben being money grabbing b*****ds.

I have 2 boxes here and if both have died within the space of 2 seasons, one only actually being used for same a total of a dozen trips, and niether can be repaired, but need to be replaced at a cost of over 100 quid each, then Deben really ARE scum of the earth.

Customer services at debens :censored: waste of time,once they got your money its thanks and f**k you........

Customer services at debens :censored: waste of time,once they got your money its thanks and f**k you........

They better sort it out. . . . or there will be hell. They sold equipment to do a job, and that equipment is not doing said job, and has had no handling outside of what would be expected.

In fact, the one box has had maybe a dozen trips out IF that!

No f*****g way am i shelling out another couple of hundred quid for something that will probably just stop working by the end of this season.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut i need a locator and they make the only ones available. . . . . sneaky little fuckers.

I am going to ring them on Monday and give them both barrels.

How many other folk have experianced this false reading thing? And was it ever sorted?

Never have that problem i got 8 mk1 boxes as said mick dadd services them and i couple a couple of scrap boxes he can get spares off they will last me a long long time hopefully ,I wasn't impressed with the mk2 it eats batteries for fun something like a 30 hour life span and it was recalled too quickly and the mk3 pumped out the only guy who seemed to be road testing them in the field was Simon whitehead?? i think and if your getting freebies i think your a bit biased . Im quiet happy sitting on the fence till the mk3's been out a good few years and these problems are ironed out as its no a cheep unit to be buying every year or so

Cheers for that,

I have noticed in this and other Forums, even when some say their Mark threes are the Dogs B

there are a lot that are not happy with it, and the kit appears to have problems, now if you buy the receiver plus two collars you are talking £200, now for that sort of money, I would expect a piece of kit that gave trouble free use, and would last for years.you just need to look at the demand and high prices that the Mark1 and collars are making, it cant all be nostalgia or Lads scared of modern technology.

Deben appear to have the market all to themselves, its a pity, there was not another company making them.

I have been thinking of changing to a mark3, but I think i may carry on with my old trusted mark1

Edited by Country Joe

'Country Joe' timestamp='1316936287' post='2258913']

One of my my Mark1 collars is not working, just Mick Dadd sort collars?

Once a collar goes its shot there's fine wires running threw the resin like a sort of antenna and if you break them that's it but as said there's a couple of guys make new one round about the £40 depending on how many you order :thumbs:

Cheers for that,

I have noticed in this and other Forums, even when some say their Mark threes are the Dogs B

there are a lot that are not happy with it, and the kit appears to have problems, now if you buy the receiver plus two collars you are talking £200, now for that sort of money, I would expect a piece of kit that gave trouble free use, and would last for years.you just need to look at the demand and high prices that the Mark1 and collars are making, it cant all be nostalgia or Lads scared of modern technology.

Deben appear to have the market all to themselves, its a pity, there was not another company making them.

I have been thinking of changing to a mark3, but I think i may carry on with my old trusted mark1

when you look at how much they are I just find it wierd that no one else has started making them, they can't be that complicated surely???? in any other industry if someone produces a successful product it's copied overnight, why not in this case??? they are easily the most overpriced product of any hunting product!! proper rip off!

I've had a pretty shitty afternoon so far, had a nightmare trying to rig something for the dogs leg so i could get an hour or so out with the ferrets without him chewing the scab off himself.

And then . . . . decided to change the bats in the locators and collars and have a sort out of my kit.

Tested the collars and they both seem f****d. Both work, but if i put it 6 foot away it tells me it's 10/12 foot away and if i stick it 10/12 foot away it goes off the box. Also depth is f****d, it can do up to about 6 foot max, and again thinks it's deeper than it is.

Same for both collars and tried two boxes.

Really, really fucks me off, as they are expensive bits of kit, and just like Lightforce with lamps, Deben have cornored the market and as a result seem to be able to get away with knocking out sub standard kit.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Possible water damage????

f**k.

I have NOTHING to do today without going ferreting, i might as well go back to bed.

Here's what I do ideation warm salt water coton wool swill out in the morning then apply sudacrem same late afternoon then another warm salt water rinse at night followed by a good dolup of runny honey smeared on in the evening speeds tge healing up a treat , ; )

I've had a pretty shitty afternoon so far, had a nightmare trying to rig something for the dogs leg so i could get an hour or so out with the ferrets without him chewing the scab off himself.

And then . . . . decided to change the bats in the locators and collars and have a sort out of my kit.

Tested the collars and they both seem f****d. Both work, but if i put it 6 foot away it tells me it's 10/12 foot away and if i stick it 10/12 foot away it goes off the box. Also depth is f****d, it can do up to about 6 foot max, and again thinks it's deeper than it is.

Same for both collars and tried two boxes.

Really, really fucks me off, as they are expensive bits of kit, and just like Lightforce with lamps, Deben have cornored the market and as a result seem to be able to get away with knocking out sub standard kit.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Possible water damage????

f**k.

I have NOTHING to do today without going ferreting, i might as well go back to bed.

Here's what I do ideation warm salt water coton wool swill out in the morning then apply sudacrem same late afternoon then another warm salt water rinse at night followed by a good dolup of runny honey smeared on in the evening speeds tge healing up a treat , ; )

I thought cleaning the battery terminals would be more effective :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers for that,

when you look at how much they are I just find it wierd that no one else has started making them, they can't be that complicated surely???? in any other industry if someone produces a successful product it's copied overnight, why not in this case??? they are easily the most overpriced product of any hunting product!! proper rip off!

Best of it is, they are made in China, I was there in March, didn't see any for sale though?

technology to make these items is relatively simple been able to do it at a cheap enough price and make it last is the problem we are seeing with deben i think thats why its not being taken on by others. having had both boxes over the years they are both similar in there use there is no black art to using the mk 3 its just the same as the mk 1 in reality. regards all the issues with the mk 3, the mk1s where also inaccurate, and often if working near a wire fence they would not read accurately and suffered from interferance, and depth was not allways accurate but they had very few breakdowns all in all they were a good bit of kit but so is the mk 3 when it works the system is good but the reliability is the problem

if deben werent the only people selling them they would have lost a good deal of customers because of the faults and there after care outside of warranty. but i must say while in warranty they have allways been helpful to any issues ive ever had.

Edited by muddy210