is it just my kids or are they all like this these days. my kids come in from school walk straight into the room and either start texting on their mobile's, or go upstairs and straight on the computers on facebook or whatever. my lad will also sit on his XBOX 24/7 if I let him.

today was unbelevable. My daughter has had a pet hamster for a good 3 years which finally today popped its clogs, when I looked at it this morning it looked pretty ill so I spent hours warming it through and doing everything to save it thinking how much it would upset her. she finally came in from school so I sat her down to tell her, she came out with "Mums already told me" and sat on her phone texting again without the slightest bit of interest, needless to say I'm pretty annoyed by her reaction.

Is it just my kids or is this the way they are these days?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kids of today eh!   I always make sure that they read to me at least 2 chapters a day when they are with me, and I make all their home work fun so they do actually do it.   No tv in their rooms, a

I think its a lot of kids these days..........they've got this "throw it away" attitude.   Its all to do with this never ending culture of companies like nokia,sony ericcson,playstation,x-box etc br

My three are 7 and 6 now. They'd sit on the pc/DS or in front of the tv for hours. If I let them. Which I don't. Homework when we get in, then either play out or read or whatever. Some days they can h

I think its a lot of kids these days..........they've got this "throw it away" attitude.

Its all to do with this never ending culture of companies like nokia,sony ericcson,playstation,x-box etc bringing out new models of stuff,so they automatically want it because their friends have.Kids don't have stuff long enough these days to actually respect it.

• Like 2

is it just my kids or are they all like this these days. my kids come in from school walk straight into the room and either start texting on their mobile's, or go upstairs and straight on the computers on facebook or whatever. my lad will also sit on his XBOX 24/7 if I let him.

today was unbelevable. My daughter has had a pet hamster for a good 3 years which finally today popped its clogs, when I looked at it this morning it looked pretty ill so I spent hours warming it through and doing everything to save it thinking how much it would upset her. she finally came in from school so I sat her down to tell her, she came out with "Mums already told me" and sat on her phone texting again without the slightest bit of interest, needless to say I'm pretty annoyed by her reaction.

I found that reply funny as f**k.............. :laugh:

there all the same bud

:no: not all mate, one out of the 3 i have comes in from school gets changed and goes out checks the ferrets have water and food, then the same with the chickens and then TELLS me its time to walk the dogs, when we get in he checks the kennels and picks up any shite then helps me sort there food out and feeds them......he's only 6 and started doing it off his own back with no pressure from me :thumbs:

Tony, it winds me upto f**k how most kids just waste there life in front of a games console, as kids we used to be out ALL the time..........

my kids only get the tele/dvd/wii/ds as a treat, they get roughly an hour a day an that after they have done there chores, ie the kennels...

by the way they are 5 an 4 :thumbs:

Thats harsh..... :D

My kids are ok tbh, young tho 3 and 7 so probably got it all to come. Eldest could easily sit on her Ds 24/7 if I let her but if I offer to take her out with the dogs or ferrets or even just on her bike up the shops shell jump at the chance. Shed be gutted if one of her pets died, broke my heart seeing her face when I told her we had to Pts her 90 lb American bulldog best friend, they were inseperable.

my kids only get the tele/dvd/wii/ds as a treat, they get roughly an hour a day an that after they have done there chores, ie the kennels...

They get 2 hours if they sweep the chimney mun. :D

nae room for passengers in this hoose, everythin earns its keep :D:whistling:

They get 2 hours if they sweep the chimney mun. :D

Thats the thing with computer games now you cant just play them for an hour, you can be on them for hours. Bet the computer goes back on when "grumpy daddy" goes to bed...... :laugh:

My three are 7 and 6 now. They'd sit on the pc/DS or in front of the tv for hours. If I let them. Which I don't. Homework when we get in, then either play out or read or whatever. Some days they can have tv, some days not. They never pick up their DS's or turn the tv on without asking me first. My son asked me for a mobile and I laughed till I cried ... a mobile at 7 years old. Who the hell is he going to call? :laugh:

• Like 2

My 17 year old daughter spends 24 hours glued to her smartphone, she even sleeps with it FFS... Not a lot I can do about it, she lives with her mum most of the time and anything I try gets negated as soon as she's back home. :(

My middle two (8 & 9) would spend all their time glued to their DS's or my PS3 if we let them. :yes: My eldest boy's 8. He really wanted a lego police station for Christmas & me and his mum eventually found one. It got put together Christmas day, and it's been out of his cupboard 3 times since. :wallbash: We had tears the other day because he was saying he was bored and not allowed on the PS3, so we made him take it out and play with it. He's now banned from the PS3 until he can learn to amuse himself by using his imagination again. He wants a Xbox 360 for Christmas, but he's not fecking having one just because other parents see fit to let their kids online alone in their bedrooms playing call of duty, etc. I told him I'd buy him an air pistol, which he was up for at first, but then soon started giving his mum the puppy dog eyes about getting the xbox again.. :angry:

My son asked me for a mobile and I laughed till I cried ... a mobile at 7 years old. Who the hell is he going to call? :laugh:

:laugh:

My 9 year old daughter keeps pestering us for a mobile even though 1) We reckon she's too young & 2) We live in one of the few places in the UK without mobile phone coverage. She knows both facts but still carries on.. :doh::laugh: