Enough of this pish, we need a new MOD!

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. :notworthy: I'd do it because I love this section and hate seeing it go the way it has. I know we all appreciate that the mods have lives outside the running of the site and can only dedicate so much time to it, but something needs sorting out in here & I've got plenty of time.. :yes:

Genuine members are being put off posting about their trips out due to the volume of drivel on here, and those who like reading about trips don't bother because the reports get lost amongst the dross.. It's not what forums like this are meant to be about.. :no::thumbs:

• Like 7

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright everyone!   I doubt that anyone has failed to notice that of late, this section has been flooded with ridiculous posts, and folk on a wind up.   This is obviously detremental to the sectio

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I'd do it because I love this section and hate seeing it go the way it has. I know we all appreciate that the mods have lives outside the running of the site a

Just for the record, i have never met Malt, but have just got a really good impression of him from on here. Seems like a totally sound, level headed bloke, who wouldn't let it go to his head, and woul

Posted Images

Alright everyone!

I doubt that anyone has failed to notice that of late, this section has been flooded with ridiculous posts, and folk on a wind up.

This is obviously detremental to the section, most of our sanity and the genuine (but slightly clueless) newbies who get a barrage of abuse as folk think they are just on a wind up.

I'm sure everyone has also noticed that Stubby has been M.I.A for quite sometime and very few other MODS ever venture onto this section, so no one is about to clean the place up and remove the idiots.

Now what i am proposing is that we have a new MOD. And for that role, i would like to nominate MALT (and i know i am not alone in this).

He is one of the few members who has never been out of order, never provoked unnecessary arguments, has a sense of humour and is knowledgeable.

So who agrees?

If so. leave a comment here and send a PM to Ianb if you fancy!

Cheers,

Ideation.

i vote you pal.

Nooooooooooooo............isn't being the "son of God" enough responsibility.

:D

• Like 1

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. :notworthy: I'd do it because I love this section and hate seeing it go the way it has. I know we all appreciate that the mods have lives outside the running of the site and can only dedicate so much time to it, but something needs sorting out in here & I've got plenty of time.. :yes:

Genuine members are being put off posting about their trips out due to the volume of drivel on here, and those who like reading about trips don't bother because the reports get lost amongst the dross.. It's not what forums like this are meant to be about.. :no::thumbs:

Malts,think we've been on here about the same time & you,ve always came across as a decent,knowlegable member(IMO).I ain't blowing smoke up your arse but i'm sure most long standing sensible members would concour(hopefully).We need a ACTIVE Mod on here to get this section into order.

Look at what's been going on...EU,wild polecats,EU wanted/for sale peddling posts & loads of pointless drivel :wallbash: .If the EU poley is the way ahead give it own sub section so us lads & lasses with the humble ferret don't have to read it.Perhaps another sub section for ferret health/welfare threads??

I know Ian B says closed forums don't work but then again nor does one with liars,daydreamers,general idiots pissing off the decent folk which are on it....

Edited by andy s410c
  • Like 1

Malts,think we've been on here about the same time

I think we have mate. :yes: When we joined up it used to be all about trip reports in the winter and nip training kits in the summer. Old Ditch Shitter was on hand to dish out great advice & then there were people like Magwitch who's threads about his ferreting trips you always looked out for. :yes:

Jai (Ideation) and Johnny's threads are the type of stuff that's needed, only problem is you blink and they're pushed off the first page by tonnes of crap. It's not good.. :no::thumbs:

Just for the record, i have never met Malt, but have just got a really good impression of him from on here. Seems like a totally sound, level headed bloke, who wouldn't let it go to his head, and would allow the right level of humour, but get rid of some of the pish.

Even if for starters he just removed the blatant sales posts, apart from maybe the old sticky at the top for genuine kits being sold / given away. And also locked the odd thread that is just a wind up and argument.

As Malt says, at one time i was posting a daily thread on actual ferreting (even if only catching the odd bunny), but i stopped as it'd get 1 reply and then end up on page 5 behind all the arguments and i wanna black e.u mink x weasel hybrid.

I miss magwitchs threads, and brimmer, and stevethefish, the list goes on. We are lucky to still have some very knowledgeable members left, including Kay the ferret nurse, lets not lose those as well!

• Like 6

i realise the mods dont live at the keyboard and cant devote every waking hour to keeping this site running smoothly but i think if theres a mod not pulling his/her weight they should be replaced for somebody willing to do the job with enough time on there hands to do it correctly (providing therse enough to do the job) .. this might keep the mods on there toes a bit. im not saying the mods arent up to the job but i wouldnt want to see too many.

malt would be a good choice..

smithie

malt would be a good choice. healthy debate is good as not everybody has the same opinions.you can have a debate while remaining civil to one another.just been too many wind ups lately. people get fed up, which could lead to someone jumping on someone ie a genuine novice who may be put off from asking questions again.im sure not all young people are fools who just want to mess about.everyone has to learn .either out in the field with experinced people or the novice who has no one to show them and rely on forums like this to ask advice.although i do understand there would be difficulties from identifing the novice from the wind up merchant due to some of the posts recently.

• Like 1