midland gamefair tragic!

Thats tragic, lure racing for me is a great sport, keeps my dogs fit and a good aid for hunting (my land is heavily lamped) and many nights draw blank but with the lure i can keep him lean and keen for when we do have our nights. No substitute for the real thing but a great aid IMHO.

Safety is a must and as an orginisor in simular events i can only urge people to think twice about safety, theres no need for this type of inccident at any kind of venue.

ATB D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Lurcher Racing" used to be a bit of fun; I've raced a rough coated 23" bitch against a 30" Deer/Grey in the past, and had a good craic about it afterwards ! But now it seems so competiteve; Greyhound

like to see injured dogs do you ...tossa!!!

bag chasers or not these events always draw a decent crowd of on lookers at game fairs which in my books makes good publicity for the lurcher game .. as for using the steel bars and rope its way out o

Posted Images

there was about 5 dogs in the race bud and tbf the one that hit the pole was proberly about ten foot or so behind the rest so the tightness wasnt a matter and toffee was you there? did you see it? put it this way if it was my dog i wouldnt have been taking it home alive so in my eyes it was tragic simple,

prick

Common sense would tell anyone not to have a dog running full tilt at a bar sticking out of the ground especially with a bend on it like that. Proper pulleys should be low to the ground and as safe as possible

http://hem.passagen....rsing/index.htm

Coursing is a great way to keep dogs fit and they enjoy it. I have fur on my line not plastic.

common sense would tell anyone contemplating running a dog to never ever run it where there is a chance,no matter how slight,of the dog running into obstacles.Im now looking for a 200 acre lawn with padded fences at the edge.

• Like 1

Common sense would tell anyone not to have a dog running full tilt at a bar sticking out of the ground especially with a bend on it like that. Proper pulleys should be low to the ground and as safe as possible

http://hem.passagen....rsing/index.htm

Coursing is a great way to keep dogs fit and they enjoy it. I have fur on my line not plastic.

common sense would tell anyone contemplating running a dog to never ever run it where there is a chance,no matter how slight,of the dog running into obstacles.Im now looking for a 200 acre lawn with padded fences at the edge.

A valid point, im sure weve all took a risk in the feild, im sure the organisers will address the situation and learn from this terrible inccident.

YIS D

"Lurcher Racing" used to be a bit of fun; I've raced a rough coated 23" bitch against a 30" Deer/Grey in the past, and had a good craic about it afterwards ! But now it seems so competiteve; Greyhounds and Non-Ped Racing Whippets running, that have never done a days work in their lives !! The working Lurcher has no chance against these dogs. If these owners are so desparate for a "Racing Champion", why don't they run their dogs out of traps on recognised tracks, and leave the Lurcher racing for working dogs having a bit of fun in the summer ? Rant over.... I hope the dog makes a full recovery.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 9

Just before I left today I asked a couple of people about the dogs welfare. I believe it got stappled/stitched up straight after so hopefully nothing broken.

I was watching the race but had my eyes on the leaders which were way clear - It got slipped on the left of 3 other dogs and ended up hitting a pole about 60 yards down the track on the right hand side, the track was at least 20 yards wide so quite strange. I only really realised once people ran down the track what had happened.

Working, racing or a family pet, Not a nice thing to see. Fingers crossed it will recovery :thumbs:

• Like 2

every time you go out with the a dog be it mooching,lamping or simulated courseing you take a risk, things happen, end off. not nice admitidly but they happen if you carnt handle this plain and simple fact you shouldnt be working your dog fact.

• Like 1

every time you go out with the a dog be it mooching,lamping or simulated courseing you take a risk, things happen, end off. not nice admitidly but they happen if you carnt handle this plain and simple fact you shouldnt be working your dog fact.

fact yes, nice to see no. :no:

i agree -- but if you can limit the risk all the better -- i dont get out much these days with a lurcher but a mates had a load of new permission he`s walked most of it this summer .. Edited by the_stig

simoman

moderator or not i dont agree with your reply so get f****d i also dont agree with people chasin bags and breedin dogs on the backing of a plastic bag but surely you do??

what about my reply -- no one likes to see or hear of dogs getting injured --bag chasers or not mate fact is like it or not -- these shows make em the face of modern day lurcher work to the viewing public .. Edited by the_stig