point and slip merchants

I'm a point and slip merchant... Well I am when lamping in company and they bring thier dog. Don't see any problem, 'different days (or nights) call for different ways'.

I have know many purists to this way of running dogs and most have done very well... :thumbs:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i agree, point an slip means fook all, if it ment what it said we would all have disposable dogs, cos surely after they missed game, they would be long gone, after all no c**t calls them point, slip a

Feck knows mate, 'point & slip' is just one of those THL classic phrases that I try to make sense of to myself. In real life, I don't really give a monkeys about what other people get up to with t

Normally hear this term from fannies, dont worry about it..........let them worry about it   Most of those that say it like an insult should worry more about how much tackle they are "pointing &amp

Point and slip to me is your saluki fen boys. Buy a dog from proven lines, feed and walk it. Get it fit and yer ready to go. A true lurcherman has a well trained hunting machine equivalent to your SLR camera. Your fen boy has a simple point and shoot tesco disposable.

• Like 1

Point and slip to me is your saluki fen boys. Buy a dog from proven lines, feed and walk it. Get it fit and yer ready to go. A true lurcherman has a well trained hunting machine equivalent to your SLR camera. Your fen boy has a simple point and shoot tesco disposable.

you just love them fen dogs :laugh:

Pmsl rio, of course I do. We owe a lot to the fen boys. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have all these great saluki crosses. But most of all we wouldn't have all those cracking DVDs to watch. Before I saw them a thought a 7 out of 7, 11 minute chases dog was a myth....

:victory:

Pmsl rio, of course I do. We owe a lot to the fen boys. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have all these great saluki crosses. But most of all we wouldn't have all those cracking DVDs to watch. Before I saw them a thought a 7 out of 7, 11 minute chases dog was a myth....

i really think you should get on the bandwagon ,and start making dvd,s of dogs from horth of the wall .. ! limited market right enough but if you chrge ehough , you will fill the pocket , mind i do hear the scots are shall we say .... a bit carefull with there pennys!! :D

I have always taken the "point and slip" term to be a derogitary term towards ares holes that keep a dog in a kennel 22 hours a day, give it no training and end up with a wreckless, pent up lunatic on the end of a slip . .. . . which he can point and slip regardless of terrain, conditions or location . . . . . then return it to its kennel and sit and masturbate about its efforts over the internet.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The way i see it if your mooching somewhere you shoukldnt be with your lurcher it isnt a clever thing to have your dog working off the lead i walk alot of public footpaths and if youve got your dog on the lead it doesnt look as bad as when youve got your dog off bounding across a field i know some people do have there dogs under control but it does happen with some dogs,another reason is because you can pick your slips and not give your dogs silly runs i could write a book about the amount of times in the past ive had dogs chase quarry a good way away miss it and not noticed one abit easier and abit closer to run :thumbs:

• Like 1