cull or keep?????

i would never cull if a dog just for jacking or pups not making the grade. if a dog jacks then just re-train or re-home plenty of people would take them as a family pet. at the end of the day if the dog jacks there is a reason behind it and the reason is usually threw the fault of the person that is working it. at the end of the day it deserves some respect as it has grafted. just my view on it just think that any dog that has had its time and grafted should be given the chance to live out its life in a house or with a family that would take it as a pet.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi ya depend what you call jack ?? what tackle you hunting for them to jack em on an yes my dogs have jacked at some point there living things not machines no i havent culled i have never culled any d

How many of the folks on here that wont cull have bred from there dogs that they know have jacked ran half hearted and failed ? and did ye sell the pups ? how many of ye were completly honest with the

A lot of problems are caused by folk buying in adult dogs and hoping that it will turn out a good one. Then there are the folk who get a pup and are in too much of a hurry to run different game. Eve

Everybody has their own opinion and morals. My dogs are here to work first and foremost and if they fulfil that task they are then pets also but i could not justify owning a dog that was a 'jacker/jibber/spewer/failure' call it what you want as a pet alone, come the winter time it wouldn't have any time spent with it at all. If i didn't work the dogs i probably wouldn't have any in the first place. If any of my dogs didn't make the grade they would have to be culled, no ifs no buts, i wouldn't want to give it to someone else to work it on what it didn't jack on because that person could then potentially think that the dog is awesome and that i was spouting shite and breed off it and produce more shite, i also wouldn't want to give them to a pet home either as most 'pet' people have obese dogs that never leave the sofa being fed biscuits and tea allday and then also potentially breed off it. By being culled you know where the dog ended up for good. Just my opinion, my dogs are my dogs, no one else gets invovled with them so what i do with them is up to me to deal with.

sounds harsh coming from a female that well you must have bigger bollox than me lol lol lol

Im not a normal female lol. I love my dogs while they are with me doing they're job but if not then i can switch off my emotion for that dog. Out of sight out of mind is my motto. I don't have time, space or money to keep just a 'pet'.

ive met a few cold hearted bitches in my time lol suppose some women have more testosterone than estrogen an thats what makes them like they are you couldnt be the type im talking about could you lol??????????

lets not forget one thing the lurcherworld is full to the brim with messing fecking pricks that dont know there arse from there elbow some dogs arent given a chance to shine before been passed on

You get a gold star for NO spelling mistakes :thumbs: And an extra one for typing sense.....

been :hmm:

oh ok being sorry lol

i would never cull if a dog just for jacking or pups not making the grade. if a dog jacks then just re-train or re-home plenty of people would take them as a family pet. at the end of the day if the dog jacks there is a reason behind it and the reason is usually threw the fault of the person that is working it. at the end of the day it deserves some respect as it has grafted. just my view on it just think that any dog that has had its time and grafted should be given the chance to live out its life in a house or with a family that would take it as a pet.

In the good ole days if a dog spat out a fox i'd love to meet the man who could get it going again, and whatsmore have faith in it. The problem with rehoming is that the dog usually get passed from pillar to post. Lurchers aren't machines and sometimes no matter how carefully you enter them they wont make YOUR grade, what i really find distastefull is the joy some folk take in culling dogs.........

• Like 1

lets not forget one thing the lurcherworld is full to the brim with messing fecking pricks that dont know there arse from there elbow some dogs arent given a chance to shine before been passed on

You get a gold star for NO spelling mistakes :thumbs: And an extra one for typing sense.....

been :hmm:

oh ok being sorry lol

excused lol

Culling a big litter at birth is OK in my book.

But afterwards....how long do you give a dog to prove itself capable?

I think sometimes peeps have very high expectations of a very young dog. It's the big ego thing to brag about your 9month old pup bringing in huge numbers. :huh:

My dogs are pets first. If they don't do as hoped in the working field I don't really care, they still bring me great pleasure in other ways. But I don't care about big bags either.

Some don't keep their dogs if they don't 'work' properly, doesn't sit well with me, but each to their own as long as you take the responsibility for your dog.

If you decide to rehome, have the dog neutered first so you know it won't be used to add to the population. Be up front and honest, look for a pet home rather than sh!tting that it may be OK for a Sunday moocher. Many rescues will help with rehoming - space is a big issue at the mo - and will work with you to help find the best home for your dog to ensure it isn't passed from pillar to post. And all this rubbish about needing cash for it! Like WTF??

If you decide you would prefer to kill it, then be the big man and see to it humanely yourself. Don't dump it for someone else to hopefully sort out your cast offs.

• Like 2

In the good ole days if a dog spat out a fox i'd love to meet the man who could get it going again, and whatsmore have faith in it. The problem with rehoming is that the dog usually get passed from pillar to post. Lurchers aren't machines and sometimes no matter how carefully you enter them they wont make YOUR grade, what i really find distastefull is the joy some folk take in culling dogs.........

me too they think it makes them hard or some thing an half of them are first to cry when they get hurt

, what i really find distastefull is the joy some folk take in culling dogs.........

Theres no f*****g joy in having to cull any animal that you have had in your care mate and anyone who says there different is a bit of a twat imho.

When you rehome something, all I will say is "Be honest about who you are doing it for".........is it for the dog or to make the ex-owner feel better.

• Like 1

Everybody has their own opinion and morals. My dogs are here to work first and foremost and if they fulfil that task they are then pets also but i could not justify owning a dog that was a 'jacker/jibber/spewer/failure' call it what you want as a pet alone, come the winter time it wouldn't have any time spent with it at all. If i didn't work the dogs i probably wouldn't have any in the first place. If any of my dogs didn't make the grade they would have to be culled, no ifs no buts, i wouldn't want to give it to someone else to work it on what it didn't jack on because that person could then potentially think that the dog is awesome and that i was spouting shite and breed off it and produce more shite, i also wouldn't want to give them to a pet home either as most 'pet' people have obese dogs that never leave the sofa being fed biscuits and tea allday and then also potentially breed off it. By being culled you know where the dog ended up for good. Just my opinion, my dogs are my dogs, no one else gets invovled with them so what i do with them is up to me to deal with.

sounds harsh coming from a female that well you must have bigger bollox than me lol lol lol

Im not a normal female lol. I love my dogs while they are with me doing they're job but if not then i can switch off my emotion for that dog. Out of sight out of mind is my motto. I don't have time, space or money to keep just a 'pet'.

ive met a few cold hearted bitches in my time lol suppose some women have more testosterone than estrogen an thats what makes them like they are you couldnt be the type im talking about could you lol??????????

Lol lol im not cold hearted at all. Definately don't have more testosterone than any other woman, well i don't think i do lol. Im not all macho and muscle lol. Babies and baby animals make me go all daft and motherly though.

its usually women with big clits that carry more testosterone so only you an maybe your boy freind will know but we wont go down that road lol lol cheers

Mine are treated like kings and i give up a lot of sleep and time spent with the kids,to be out with dogs they there for have to do the job,If its just not very good i will give it all the time it needs,to practice, if how ever i dont think it tries and im talking more than once or twice ,it has to go.Its a shit job but as far as im concerend,i would rather end it there than pass on a dog to who ever will take it.The other night on the way lamping a german shepard and its little mungral mate dumped tied up by a busy road,I felt worse seeing that than doing the dirty deed.

• Like 1

, what i really find distastefull is the joy some folk take in culling dogs.........

Theres no f*****g joy in having to cull any animal that you have had in your care mate and anyone who says there different is a bit of a twat imho.

When you rehome something, all I will say is "Be honest about who you are doing it for".........is it for the dog or to make the ex-owner feel better.

a lot of a twat in my opinion,and the sooner people realise this the better,dont make you hard,big or fecking clever, if anything one of the most gut wrenching things you will ever have to do

Edited by watchman
  • Like 2

A lot of problems are caused by folk buying in adult dogs and hoping that it will turn out a good one. Then there are the folk who get a pup and are in too much of a hurry to run different game. Everything has to happen right away....I've read posts of folk having moved dogs on at 9 -17mnths ffs It takes time and effort to get a dog to a good standard. Posts like this don't help they feed into kids beliefs that if the dog don't do it the first couple of times it's shit. If you take your time and get to really know your dog it's capabilities more often than not you'll end up with a useful dog.

Jackers, how many of you actually know the real reason a dog pulls up or backed of quarry, how many took the time to think through why this happened. There's 100's of reasons why this happens. Guys that maybe go out two nights a week at the weekend then expect the dog to run all night non stop then pulls up after a few hard runs...unfit not a jacker...or the guy who was out regular pre ban and the dogs got busted up pretty badly over time and is hardly rested....eventually spews ,not a jacker just pushed beyond it's limits.

It's funny when things start to go wrong the first thing most folk do is blame the dog.....there's far more bad owners than bad dogs.

And in answer to the question I have never culled a litter and never will. Then again I don't tend to breed dogs much!

• Like 6