fox pre-ban......

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They bore me to death and dont give me the same thrill as running other stuff but being an upstanding member of society the humble bunny is also enough for me these days

Aye, that's the thing, you have to look beyond the number to see how good the dog is, and look at what's run to whats killed and how, if that makes sense?

Ratio run to kill?

On foot..maybe 3 out of 5...from a motor..maybe 8or9 out of 10

Aye, that's the thing, you have to look beyond the number to see how good the dog is, and look at what's run to whats killed and how, if that makes sense?

• Like 1

i went out last night and only seen a fox, we had the estates keeper with us and even calling the surrounding farms didnt get any to show to the call. the one fox we did see was running as soon as the light hit him

Try useing a filter and a variable powered lamp

pre ban i was taking 30 -40 a season but done a lot of travelling up over the border to find them most were lamped from motor as we just drove round the country lanes in the look out for them we jacked in when we started to take foxes that had been released by rescue centres as they didnt stand a chance

Ratio run to kill?

On foot..maybe 3 out of 5...from a motor..maybe 8or9 out of 10

I'd agree Stabba, though on foot can be a real hit an miss affair, too many variables. :yes:

So, if anyone needs to know what numbers could be achieved in a season, with a good dog and a dedicated and keen owner, do the maths..! ;)

i went out last night and only seen a fox, we had the estates keeper with us and even calling the surrounding farms didnt get any to show to the call. the one fox we did see was running as soon as the light hit him

I've used filters in the past to little avail, where and what filter do I get?

pre ban i was taking 30 -40 a season but done a lot of travelling up over the border to find them most were lamped from motor as we just drove round the country lanes in the look out for them we jacked in when we started to take foxes that had been released by rescue centres as they didnt stand a chance

thats what i was interested in cheers :thumbs:

I've used filters in the past to little avail, where and what filter do I get?

i dont think it makes much differnce really, ive tried red+ blue fillters before years ago well before the ban. If they are lamp shy they wont come in, only daft young foxes will and most will have been shot well before the dec. Some might come in closer around jan, if there aint much food about . :yes: