The SR Reticle!

Got a new scope this afternoon, decided to get a better scope for the .22 (got a simple 3-9x40 AO MAP scope on it at the moment). Well Mary decided to treat me to a hawk Nite-Eye SR, seeing as the nights are drawing in. Got the SR6 reticle, had a go on Chairgun, the new scope at 10X mag gives steps from 35-70 metres in 5 metre steps, wowser, dead easy to remember. So the Nite Eye has gone on the .177, the 4-16x50 Map Pro has gone on the .22 and the 3-9x40 Map Pro (non AO) will go on the Supersport...

Brilliant reticles and scopes pal. I use one on my r10.

They seem to work better though on .22's rather than .177's ive tried.

Pianoman now used a SR12 after me showing him some tricks with them and a trick to zeroing them off the cross hair.

Si

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

Clear as day to me, just wont be using the range finder bit for a while, Laser Mr Bond....

Rangefinder laser that is, but the reticle is amazing! Also the 50mm front lens, it will be fantastic in low light conditions, hopefully be down the range tomorrow, get the scopes on both set up and zeroed and then bunny havoc! I understand how both the reticle measurement systems work, wind drift and range! Mary likes it so much she is getting one for the Scorpion!

Edited by secretagentmole

Got a new scope this afternoon, decided to get a better scope for the .22 (got a simple 3-9x40 AO MAP scope on it at the moment). Well Mary decided to treat me to a hawk Nite-Eye SR, seeing as the nights are drawing in. Got the SR6 reticle, had a go on Chairgun, the new scope at 10X mag gives steps from 35-70 metres in 5 metre steps, wowser, dead easy to remember. So the Nite Eye has gone on the .177, the 4-16x50 Map Pro has gone on the .22 and the 3-9x40 Map Pro (non AO) will go on the Supersport...

hi mole

what happens if your quarry comes out at 37/47/57/ect..............lol

personally could not get on with the hawke scopes,now have MTC optics on all three rifles,and must say they do very well!!!!

regards

Davy

• Like 1

I move backwards by 2 metres, simple

hi mole

what happens if your quarry comes out at 37/47/57/ect..............lol

personally could not get on with the hawke scopes,now have MTC optics on all three rifles,and must say they do very well!!!!

regards

Davy

I move backwards by 2 metres, simples!

Edited to say I meant 3 metres, it was late at night, I had had a few, maths, paths, faffs!

Edited by secretagentmole

Si/zini did me a huge favour in the mid spring when he came up to shoot with me and Andy on my permission. I happened to have just aquired a HAWKE 6-18 X 44 SR12 reticle scope which was just in its box. He has exactly the same scope on his BEAUTIFUL BSA R-10 .22 rifle. His knowledge of rifle set up and balistics applied to air rifle shooting is incredible. With the scope mounted to my Weihrauch HW77 .22 we calibrated it using a Chairgun profile. On 15xmag and a lot of practice and hunting experience with it, this set up is absolutely pin-point lethal out to 55 metres. And it's all built on a simple 25-metre zero centre-to-centre.

It is true to say I am a very experienced spring rifle shooter and a decent marksman from years of shooting with my beloved HW80 FAC .22 and 30-30 ret. SIMMONS WHITETAIL 4.5-14X40 scopes which I really love. But, it is fair to say this scope and my HW77 has revolutionised my approach to air rifle hunting. You don't need FAC level power or a rimfire/centrefire rifle to get some amazing long range rabbit sport.

I know Andy doesn't get on with it but, then again, he is absolutely at one with his .20 WEIHRAUCH HW90/30-30 reticle Simmons combo.

This forum has proved an invaluable font of knowledge and experiences shared and this year, has given me some of the most memorable shooting of my life. Brilliant, brilliant fine lads we have here.

The very best to everyone of you here.

Simon

• Like 1

I don't know if it's my eyes or what, but I just can't get on with them at all. I've tried Simon's many times and I just struggle like hell :blink:

Give me a nice old 30-30 anytime!!

You old fashion fogey, its 2011 lol.

ATB

Si.

it was your raving about the SR that made me think of getting one Simon, it does seem to work better with Chairgun as well. I am only using the SR6, but the information you get on that scope, with the wind drift bars, range finder, and hold over markings means that accuracy is made a lot easier. They really are worth the money, only thing I don't like is the laser etch in the very top right of the glass, spent ages trying to read it!

If Chair gun works for people good on them,

Me i'm crap with Computers so did it the old fashioned way once i found the pellet my Rapid loves, Which is the Gaystate Li's @ 7.9 gr,

I just shot targets on 12x Mag with the Falcon Menace FFP @ 8y,10y,15y,20y,25y,30y in 5 yrd intervals right out to 80 yrds and just marked it down

on paper till i remembered every aim point on my Reticle, And its near enough the same aim points all through the Mag range thanks to the First Focal Plane

on the Falcon, And its good to see people with different set ups still having Superb results.

All the Best to you fine Shooters on this Forum.

regards Daz. :diablo:

• Like 1

I don't know if it's my eyes or what, but I just can't get on with them at all. I've tried Simon's many times and I just struggle like hell :blink:

Give me a nice old 30-30 anytime!!

You old fashion fogey, its 2011 lol.

ATB

Si.

:laugh: It's a fair cop, Si!!

My set-up's like me, quite basic with not too many frills attatched :icon_redface::D

If Chair gun works for people good on them,

Me i'm crap with Computers so did it the old fashioned way once i found the pellet my Rapid loves, Which is the Gaystate Li's @ 7.9 gr,

I just shot targets on 12x Mag with the Falcon Menace FFP @ 8y,10y,15y,20y,25y,30y in 5 yrd intervals right out to 80 yrds and just marked it down

on paper till i remembered every aim point on my Reticle, And its near enough the same aim points all through the Mag range thanks to the First Focal Plane

on the Falcon, And its good to see people with different set ups still having Superb results.

All the Best to you fine Shooters on this Forum.

regards Daz. :diablo:

I'm with you there Daz but Chairgun is not so daunting as it first appears. Look on Si/zini's youtube channel; zinaroon's channel. He's put a very comprehensive group of instructional vids up on how to profile your rifle/scope reticle and pellet combo. with it.

There's no substitute for getting out and shooting in the field but, it's very, very accurate if you input good and correct data. I swear by it. :victory::thumbs:

Simon