Best guard dog

id get a rottie stay away from them mastifs if you got kids theres always one ragin a kid somewhere in papers and true or not why take chance

And a Rottie is not Molosser type? I have Mastiffs and regard them as one of the most calm dogs I have owned, but if you need a true protection/guard dog who is going to be in control of it.

I would say try and find some dogs and see if any of them suit your needs. Research is key to finding the right dog.

Good luck.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me it out of two dogs   Rottweiler   Temperament is a calm,confiend and courgeous dog with a self-assured alroofness that does not lend itself to immediate friendship. A Rottweiler is an inte

id get a rottie stay away from them mastifs if you got kids theres always one ragin a kid somewhere in papers and true or not why take chance

Cheers pal, don't know what his breeding was. I got him from a rescue centre when he was about 5 years old, he'd been abused and had virtually no muscle on his back legs.....the good old RSPCA left h

Posted Images

Well bred gsd i miss mine like mad she was trained not to take food from anyone as well and she was easy to train and a joy to have in the house.She was well trained and would "tell people" if you told her too by barking and lunging but not making contact.Great round kids as well love their own family naturally weary of strangers as well

Them boerboels are scary feckers but I would say anything of that size is OTT, unless someone is hell bent on stealing something valuable you have or intent on doing you harm then pretty much any dog is a deterrent. When a dog kicks off barking it makes it very uncomfortable for the thieving scum who normally beat a hasty retreat. Next door to us have had the garden furniture pinched and an attempted break in within the last year but so far my russel seems to be doing the trick at protecting ours.

No dog is bullet proof or immune to poison.

Them boerboels are scary feckers but I would say anything of that size is OTT, unless someone is hell bent on stealing something valuable you have or intent on doing you harm then pretty much any dog is a deterrent. When a dog kicks off barking it makes it very uncomfortable for the thieving scum who normally beat a hasty retreat. Next door to us have had the garden furniture pinched and an attempted break in within the last year but so far my russel seems to be doing the trick at protecting ours.

all the big breeds like them will have short working life, bad HD and not long lived, it dont matter what the breeders tell you, they breed for size and thats what feck 'um up . Any guard dog of 80-90lbs will stop a man, if the dog bred right+ the temp right. A good GSD or Rottie , another dog that will guard+bite is ACD 50lb of teeth

• Like 1

all the big breeds like them will have short working life, bad HD and not long lived, it dont matter what the breeders tell you, they breed for size and thats what feck 'um up . Any guard dog of 80-90lbs will stop a man, if the dog bred right+ the temp right. A good GSD or Rottie , another dog that will guard+bite is ACD 50lb of teeth

Well said Ray, if i was looking for an out and out protector / guard then the GSD / Dobey would be my first choice on averages, but i never do anything the easy way so knowing me ide end up with a BSD, i love this breed.

ATB D

Well said Ray, if i was looking for an out and out protector / guard then the GSD / Dobey would be my first choice on averages, but i never do anything the easy way so knowing me ide end up with a BSD, i love this breed.

ATB D

property gaurds gsd or mali personal protection one of the bigger working bull types who will take more punishment when things hit back

ATB D

property gaurds gsd or mali personal protection one of the bigger working bull types who will take more punishment when things hit back

yes but lets face it, if a GSD or Mal or Rottie, clamped on most joe public you aint going to hit it. My brother got bite from dalmatian that we had years ago, and my brother said the pain was like if your hand had been slamed in a door when its been closed, very painful.!! This dog was only 60lb , a farm collie will make as mess of you if they bite, some of the feckers ive seen. If a person really wanted to break in your house, they would shoot your dog or poison it no prob, for the average person any 60-90lb dog GSD etc ...... is plenty. If was getting a dog to guard my place, i would get good terrier + bigger dog say GSD .Rottie, or Alano, the Alano not bred for guarding but i like what ive read about them, very healthy mastiff type and not to big 85lb, and any dog will guard with a terrier. :yes:

My brother got bite from dalmatian that we had years ago, and my brother said the pain was like if your hand had been slamed in a door when its been closed, very painful.!! This dog was only 60lb , a farm collie will make as mess of you if they bite, some of the feckers ive seen.

You were even handy with a weighing scale back then Ray, did you get one for Christmas as a child or something....? :tongue2:

..sorry mate, couldn't help myself jumping on the bandwagon! :icon_redface::laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

ATB D

Ive seen many big tough bulls let go of there bite just because there eyes have been covered, so confidence is a big factor IMO.

A dog is only as big as his heart.

ATB D