At last, his first charlie.

For the past week or so a friend of mine was looking to start his rather large collie/hound on Charlie, with no success, that was until tonight. The fields at the rear of his house was the venue and proved to be an ok spot, he has permission from the farmer who lives in the next cottage to him so it was happy days.
As we neared the second field in from his house the dogs got a very strong blow of Charlie, the place was stinking of him and that alone gave us encouragement, So we was decided that we would position ourselves tight to the wood and call, Conditions were perfect, no moon and wind straight into our puss. I kid you not, the caller was on for no more than 30 seconds when Charlie came down the field like a fox on a mission, he wanted the food and he almost came right upon us.
It was only right and polite of us to slip the dogs, a super course was developing right in front of our eyes and it soon became apparent that the end result would not be in Charlie’s favour, Jed was over the moon with the sight of his hound on his first kill and I might add that scamp has a lighting turn of speed and it was put to great effect tonight.

post-3848-0-65576100-1314581335.jpg

post-3848-0-35473000-1314581361.jpg

Edited by Irish Lurcher
  • Like 2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the past week or so a friend of mine was looking to start his rather large collie/hound on Charlie, with no success, that was until tonight. The fields at the rear of his house was the venue and p

lol it looked.....from what i have been told by judge,like labtastics knob great pics

The cheek of babies these days,lol,lol, have to say that the dog is a fucken beast, he made very short work of red, and I mean very short work, looking forward to seeing him work during the winter.

Posted Images