Sorry fella thougfht you meant another breed when you said something else.

Ducks must have water and regularly they dont just drink it they use it to clear their nostrils to breath. Get hold of a duck egg first and try one they are not quite like a hens egg bit of an aquired taste.

Partridge are an idea but you need them solidly penned in once 1 gets out its gone for good dont respond to chickchick :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k that Ideation, get some Khaki Campbell ducks, only need a shallow washing up type bowl for water and lay like f**k, a duck egg in a bacon butty will have it running down your chin like an amateur

Ducks also make one hell of a mess: if there's water they just have to splash it all over the place, then paddle about in it: if you don't want a sea of mud then don't get a duck! Yes, I know the egg

If you get stuck Scot, Im down south coming back up Thursday.....

I had cream legbars myself, the cockerals are spectacular, the eggs are a lovely blue colour, but the hens were as mad as a box of f****n frogs. :icon_eek::shok: If you want real blue eggs , go for the Auracanas.

jap quail are the hardiest birds ive ever had, i used to keps some in one of those really shitty thin plywood rabbit hutches you get from a petshop, and when it was minus christ knows what in the middle of winter and they were still laying a egg each contrary to what the books say about light levels etc. the eggs are delicous. but if you do get some, get however many you can keep and keep it at that, because any new comers to the flock WILL get their heads pecked open. :thumbs:

Got a fair few quails, I breed them for the hawks. If you want some PM me, I'll be glad to get rid of some.

Same here just fired 240 egg's in the bators's.. i have about 12 nice coloured hen's laying egg's for fun from the last batch.. and i cant give them away..

To me they don't seem to taste much different but some of the friend's and family i give them too seem to think they taste different and nicer than chook egg's..they have a better nutritional value than chicken egg's and you cannot get salmonella from them apparently.. i like boiling a load and put them on a plate with some salt on them and eating them like sweet's.. :laugh: ..i know a lot of folk like to pickle them too.

Got a fair few quails, I breed them for the hawks. If you want some PM me, I'll be glad to get rid of some.

Same here just fired 240 egg's in the bators's.. i have about 12 nice coloured hen's laying egg's for fun from the last batch.. and i cant give them away..

id take you up on that offer if you were closer.im gonna get half a dozen.just called some farm in scotland there,but they dont have any till next year ;(

Dont you have any mates who might be passing down this way that could pick some up for you..i can get some up near Alnwick if that's any good to you..

cheers millet,but lab has got me half a dozen,getting them next week sometime.however appreciate the offer mate :thumbs:

Glad to hear you are sorted with some :victory: ..when i first wanted some a couple of year's back i had a nightmare finding some and when i finally did come across some at a poultry auction i had to pay over the odd's for them..