DOG PEDDLERS NAME!!! &SHAME!!!!

Don't see how the Mods need to be responsible for every idiot that posts or sells. That isn't their job.

Too many peeps seeing dogs as a commodity to be abused.

Well if it's too hard to police it shouldn't be there in the first place.

FTB

:yes: YIP DEFO

Why should they police it?

So the place doesnt become the breeding ground for arsewipes who give us all a bad name that it has in recent times. Lining the pockets of flash in the pan hunters who will be onto the next thing in a month or so.

I realise that you are female and the mention of puppies gets you all light headed, but pull your head out your arse.

And as the title 'moderator' suggests they are there to moderate. So it is in fact their job.

FTB

Hopefully!

A mods job, IMO, is to moderate as the board rules dictate, or legal requirements.

Dogs for sale isn't against either of those. Maybe morally wrong, but that's different.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing that could happen to this site would surely be the removal of the dogs for sale section.

Polo(has rehomed more than battarsea dogs home, and is a bellend aswell), Jackboi (a c**t of epic proportions and a faggot to boot), terrier.man.mark (has a bull cross whose tits drag along the ground

IMHO, This thread should be deleted.........fair enough, if you see someone who is obviously at it then call them out on that paticular thread, but to sling accusations about is just plain wrong.  

Don't see how the Mods need to be responsible for every idiot that posts or sells. That isn't their job.

FTB

:yes: YIP DEFO

Why should they police it?

So the place doesnt become the breeding ground for arsewipes who give us all a bad name that it has in recent times. Lining the pockets of flash in the pan hunters who will be onto the next thing in a month or so.

I realise that you are female and the mention of puppies gets you all light headed, but pull your head out your arse.

And as the title 'moderator' suggests they are there to moderate. So it is in fact their job.

FTB

Hopefully!

A mods job, IMO, is to moderate as the board rules dictate, or legal requirements.

Dogs for sale isn't against either of those. Maybe morally wrong, but that's different.

This is pinned at the top of the working dog and livestock section topic titled pedlars posted by J Darcy.....

ATTENTION ALL PEDDLERS/DEALERS.

Of late the site has been looking into various things and we have decided to no longer support the peddling of pups and dogs. This also extends to those individuals that are only on this site for their own gain and only post to sell goods. Please take note that from today anyone perceived as being here to only make money will be declined membership. The site is for people to participate in, it is not a place to sell dogs and make money. If practically all of your posts are selling goods/dogs then im afraid you are no longer welcome here. This takes immediate effect and will be rigourously enforced. We urge people to think about the future of any pups they may breed. Can you find enough homes without selling the poor pups to any Tom, Dick and Harry on the net. Many thanks for taking time out to read this, and no genuine member will be under threat, only those that we feel are no longer for the good of this unique site.

FTB

Absolutely ..i wonder how many mods actually police the for sale section concerning animals for sale ...i know we have the report button but i would love to know how many sales are removed without it being used..i would imagine not many

"The site is for people to participate in, it is not a place to sell dogs and make money. If practically all of your posts are selling goods/dogs then im afraid you are no longer welcome here"

Just taking welshnutter that was highlighted. Are all his 828 posts selling dogs? Or does he participate in the forum in other places?

Not backing him up, or saying he is right to sell so many dogs, but I don't think that it's the mods responsibility to police his morals. (or lack of)

I would personally like to see the section gone, soo many puppies, too many stoopid excuses, if only the removal would stop it all from happening.

The excuses used in my rehoming the kids post was all taken from the first page of for sale!!

"The site is for people to participate in, it is not a place to sell dogs and make money. If practically all of your posts are selling goods/dogs then im afraid you are no longer welcome here"

Just taking welshnutter that was highlighted. Are all his 828 posts selling dogs? Or does he participate in the forum in other places?

Not backing him up, or saying he is right to sell so many dogs, but I don't think that it's the mods responsibility to police his morals. (or lack of)

I would personally like to see the section gone, soo many puppies, too many stoopid excuses, if only the removal would stop it all from happening.

The excuses used in my rehoming the kids post was all taken from the first page of for sale!!

Don't you think you're being a bit anal about wording in the rules??...........IMO the mods should use common sense and if someone is blatantly peddling they should be booted off the site, even if they do put the odd other post on aswell.....simple.

Don't you think you're being a bit anal about wording in the rules??...........IMO the mods should use common sense and if someone is blatantly peddling they should be booted off the site, even if they do put the odd other post on aswell.....simple.

Maybe so, but it doesn't change my opinion.

If peeps didn't respond, didn't say how cracking the pups look, didn't comment at all, and more importantly - didn't BUY!

There's clearly an ongoing problem here with the selling of dogs in particular. This leads to pointless threads (like this one), bitching, and drags the site down giving an unsettled atmosphere.

If it was fully removed then it will put a stop to all this...problem solved.

If someone wants to sell his pups ect for whatever reason then do it via the Pm's, and sort your problems through the Pm's. Contact the Mods and ask for positive action to be taken. Coming out onto the open forum moaning about peddlers ect doesn't prove a sausage and starts the usual dribble.

:boredom:

• Like 1

There's clearly an ongoing problem here with the selling of dogs in particular. This leads to pointless threads (like this one), bitching, and drags the site down giving an unsettled atmosphere.

If it was fully removed then it will put a stop to all this...problem solved.

If someone wants to sell his pups ect for whatever reason then do it via the Pm's, and sort your problems through the Pm's. Contact the Mods and ask for positive action to be taken. Coming out onto the open forum moaning about peddlers ect doesn't prove a sausage and starts the usual dribble.

:boredom:

Or you can click on the little box in the poll to remove dogs in the sale section to show Ian that we want rid of it :thumbs:

Edited by fcuktheban

Of course not. But my point referred to all centers for the advertisment of working dogs. It would be a wonderfull world if a budding dogman could join a club get to know the real deals and in due course get gifted a dog when he is deemed worthy, but that world doesnt exist. Circles are tight and newbies are shunned away. Having a dog to start with opens doors, invites get handed out and whereas without a dog to run those invites would be alot more scarce. In time those tight knit circles open up and there is no need to take a chance buying dogs from complete strangers who profess to have well bred pups.

I dont come from a hunting family and was never brought up with it. It was something that was just part of me from a kid and I got into it through the usual means, air rifle then beating then ferreting, eventually leading onto a bit of DIY keepering but the whole time it was lurchers I wanted to work. Not many in the shooting scene work lurchers and so I had no 'in'. Had I not bought my first dog I would never have met the lads I know now and be in the privelidged position of occasionally being offered well bred pups as a gift, as of course it should be.

How many of you wanting to see all dog advertisments banned came from a hunting family or had mates that knew the real deals to sort you that first pup?

I've never sold a pup and never will, I've once helped sell a litter of springers for friends that I believed genuinely had working dogs at their best interests but since I've realised a few things and would never help again. Money was their sole desire and I nievely believed they were only breeding for a couple of pups and sell the rest. Thats a mistake I wont be repeating. This is something that seems the done thing in the gun dog world, papers and pedigrees appear more desireable than top quality working parents.

There was life before the internet ......how did newcomers manage then ?...or are we to believe every hunter on here over the age of 40 was born into it.......Like yourself i never came from a hunting background,far from it.....but having a great interest and passion in another type of dog led me into hunting via a few decent people.....and thats usually the way things work where one thing leads to another......for someone out of a city to suddenly pipe up and decide to get into hunting realistically is pretty rare it just dont normally work like that one hobby or interest,or one group of friends etc leads to something else and thats how it starts.

This peddlar thing,personally i think most working dog people actually start out with the best intentions......but as soon as they breed a litter they see easy $$ and their direction and aims within the dogs changes.........i remember a fella many years ago who was heavy into the gamedogs,he lived and breathed conditioning,schooling,history etc etc.....but within 5 years of buying his first few dogs he had become the very person he bought his dogs from !....He realised that matching dogs was risky and he might lose money whereas selling dogs was a guarentee moneywise,and there starts the next generation of peddlar.........i remember visiting him one year and he had a couple of British Bulldogs in his kennels......after asking what was going on he replied " do you know how much their pups fetch ".........the next year there was 2 more to the point where he only had 1 working dog out of 5 kennel spaces.....as has been said working dogs dont really sell for good money.....the half hearted peddlar will try to stay with the breed he likes,and will probably work them from time to time...........whereas the full on puppy peddlar will flat out change to the most expensive breeds,even if he doesnt like them.

There was life before the internet ......how did newcomers manage then ?...or are we to believe every hunter on here over the age of 40 was born into it.......Like yourself i never came from a hunting background,far from it.....but having a great interest and passion in another type of dog led me into hunting via a few decent people.....and thats usually the way things work where one thing leads to another......for someone out of a city to suddenly pipe up and decide to get into hunting realistically is pretty rare it just dont normally work like that one hobby or interest,or one group of friends etc leads to something else and thats how it starts.

This peddlar thing,personally i think most working dog people actually start out with the best intentions......but as soon as they breed a litter they see easy $$ and their direction and aims within the dogs changes.........i remember a fella many years ago who was heavy into the gamedogs,he lived and breathed conditioning,schooling,history etc etc.....but within 5 years of buying his first few dogs he had become the very person he bought his dogs from !....He realised that matching dogs was risky and he might lose money whereas selling dogs was a guarentee moneywise,and there starts the next generation of peddlar.........i remember visiting him one year and he had a couple of British Bulldogs in his kennels......after asking what was going on he replied " do you know how much their pups fetch ".........the next year there was 2 more to the point where he only had 1 working dog out of 5 kennel spaces.....as has been said working dogs dont really sell for good money.....the half hearted peddlar will try to stay with the breed he likes,and will probably work them from time to time...........whereas the full on puppy peddlar will flat out change to the most expensive breeds,even if he doesnt like them.

I cant answer that because I dont know gnasher. What I do know is the world is a very different place now compared to 20-30 years ago. The 80s was arguably the hayday of the lurcher by all accounts and I should think the dogmen were much more approachable and accepting of complete novices? Of course even back then there would have been litters bred from shit and advertised as grafters, probably not as many as there are now.

My point still stands though, how does a young lad with no contacts in the game get into it? When you have a dog you can make the contacts much easier by inviting lads out with you etc. Without that I found people didnt really want to know never mind put a decent pup my way.

Go to a game fair and ask about you may say, thats no different to coming on here really though is it?

TBH Im inclined to agree with you and everyone else but that would make me a bit of a c**t seeing as I bought my first pup to get me started.

:thumbs:

Well done FTB, good to see someone with baws on here for a change. Coldethyle, if you can't view a pup without buying it cos it looks cute, maybe you shouldn't go in the first place.

To the batmobile, let's go.....

You should have read it properly Baw i know you find it hard but do it slowly you will get it right eventually i take older dogs on all the time and pups as well from arseholes or bad circumstances.I dont buy dogs i get people phoning me from my own website and my dads and other forums had dogs from members on here a fair few times cos they couldnt keep them for one reason or another and tbh they brought the dog to me with food and made sure its jabs were up to date etc never had a dog of any member on here who didnt phone and check how it was getting on or didnt do their upmost to make sure the dog got here safe

• Like 1

well its obvious by the comments,that some lads feel passionate about this subject.tbh i never really gave it much though until now.some good points raised.guess we dont want this site tainted with the stigma of it being a puppy dealers paradise.

i think common sense plays an important factor in buying a dog/pup from anywhere really,if you suspect something just does not add up,or a quick search of there content and it shows they seem to be selling a good number of dogs,then best to avoid this charachter.like i said earlier i got my pup from alad on here,and he couldnt have been more obliging and im very happy with the dog,so there are good points in selling a dog on the site.but i have an open mind on the subject.

Some of the dogs that land here have been passed round like a bag of sweets and a total mess pyhsically but more importantly mentally do we really want the site associated with this shit and giving us all a bad name.We all get tarred with the same brush seen it mentioned in rescue forums ah we dont rehome to working homes cos they treat their dogs badly yet ive rehomed dogs rescued dogs at that to working homes plenty of times over the years,.As far as im concerned if they look after it and care for it properly and dogs happy well fair enough i do however get e mails etc from complete dickheads like a neighbour asking me the other day could i get him a staffy then i over hear him telling another neighbour hes gonna use it to attack people he doesnt like well guess he wont be getting a dog from me then or other places when im finished but a dog peddler wouldnt care nor think twice about it as long as they get their money and you could theorectically walk in to a dog like that and you or your dogs get seriously hurt so many diff scenarios