westmeath hunt terrier and lurcher show

fantastic day out, met a few good lads, some great dogs on show, well done graham credit to you, i will def be going back next year, a real working dog show at working mans prices(well apart from the price of the jackets that were being sold from that wee red vw van):tongue2:

Thanks JF it was a great show and i must say a great job done by Steve Roberts i dont think i ever had a judge look over my dogs so good before and thats no disrespect to any other judge that looked over my dogs before they all do a great and sometimes thankless job thumbs.gif

Edited by lurcher330

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just returned from the above show and would like to point out a few issues that arose during the show.     First been the price at the gate, I feel I ripped them off cause they only charged

Some serious dogs at that show and in my opinion both dogs that were crowned terrier an lurcher champion onda day rightly deserved there titles well done graham, an well done to the owner of that Russ

Would agree whole heartily, Kevin M knows how to put on a good show. The weather was just right for the occassion, and the judging in both rings was superb. Both these men knew their dogs,and was firm

fantastic day out, met a few good lads, some great dogs on show, well done graham credit to you, i will def be going back next year, a real working dog show at working mans prices(well apart from the price of the jackets that were being sold from that wee red vw van):tongue2:

Thanks JF it was a great show and i must say a great job done by Steve Roberts i dont think i ever had a judge look over my dogs so good before and thats no disrespect to any other judge that looked over my dogs before they all do a great and sometimes thankless job thumbs.gif

spot on, myself and a friend even commented on how thorough the judges were, they were first class.:thumbs: with judges, dogs and dogmen that were there yesterday this show can only get bigger.:thumbs:

The show was good, prices fair and burgers were great and the free buns at the end of the day were awesome. I think the judging was good and the show seemed to be mre geared toward the terriers perhaps next year the racing will be a bit longer and more structured into over and under 23" and a pup and terrier race with heats and a final. I have to agree the lurcher judge was very thorough and my lurcher was not neat condition to be placed at a show. I would have like to had a terrier to show as the competion was high and alot of dogs there that seem to be working. Well done on a good effort on a show that was worth a 2 and half hour drive.

Would agree whole heartily, Kevin M knows how to put on a good show. The weather was just right for the occassion, and the judging in both rings was superb. Both these men knew their dogs,and was firm and fair in their judgment.Terriers ,lurchers and Whippets all got a fair crack of the whip on the day. It took us approx 3 hours to get there, but it was well worth the journey.I met up with all our old friends,Hagan and his mate,Carraghasgem,and quite a few more,to many to mention. Also met and made quite a few knew ones,JF1970,and his mate,It was nice to meet you and have a wee chat,and also a few others, most of whom I see on this forum. A big congratulations to our good friend Graham Brennan from Dublins fair city, on winning the Lurcher Champion with his brilliant Lurcher.Also congratulations to the Guy who won the Terriers,sorry I dont know your name,but your terrier was tops. We were very lucky also winning the Whippet Bitch Class with our Whippet "Goldie " and the Whippet Dog class with our Whippet " Reilly ". The north of Ireland was well represnted.There were people there from Armagh/Belfast/Newtownards/Tyrone/Portadown/Down and all really enjoying themselves and going home with rosettes and trophys.A big congratulations to all the rest of the very worthy class winners.Bluebell was there snapping with her camera.You do a great job Deidre, what would we do without you.Look forward to seeing these pics up later. And thanks to you and Patsy for the lovely breakfast treat in Ardee on the journey up to the show.It was great to see so many women again at this show taking their rightful place alongside all the great huntsmen of the island of Ireland.

Kevin and your committe, again many thanks for a very enjoyable day.

Margaret Mc Stay

Edited by appleblossom
  • Like 1

Would agree whole heartily, Kevin M knows how to put on a good show. The weather was just right for the occassion, and the judging in both rings was superb. Both these men knew their dogs,and was firm and fair in their judgment.Terriers ,lurchers and Whippets all got a fair crack of the whip on the day. It took us approx 3 hours to get there, but it was well worth the journey.I met up with all our old friends, and also met and made quite a few knew ones, most of whom I see on this forum. A big congratulations to our good friend Graham Brennan from Dublins fair city, on winning the Lurcher Champion with his brilliant Lurcher.Also congratulations to the Guy who won the Terriers,sorry I dont know your name,but your terrier was tops. We were very lucky also winning the Whippet Bitch Class with our Whippet "Goldie " and the Whippet Dog class with our Whippet " Reilly ". The north of Ireland was well represnted.There were people there from Armagh/Belfast/Newtownards/Tyrone/Portadown/Down and all really enjoying themselves and going home with rosettes and trophys.A big congratulations to all the rest of the very worthy class winners.Bluebell was there snapping with her camera.You do a great job Deidre, what would we do without you.Look forward to seeing these pics up later. And thanks to you and Patsy for the lovely breakfast treat in Ardee on the journey up to the show.It was great to see so many women again at this show taking their rightful place alongside all the great huntsmen of the island of Ireland.

Kevin and your committe, again many thanks for a very enjoyable day.

Margaret Mc Stay

spot on blossom :thumbs: and very well done on your 2 whippets winning their class, was nice talking to you :thumbs:

thanks for all the good comments folks a lot of the credit has to go to yourselves for comin to the show with all those fine workin dogs we will work on the racing for next year and try and improve on it atb and thanks again

Some serious dogs at that show and in my opinion both dogs that were crowned terrier an lurcher champion onda day rightly deserved there titles well done graham, an well done to the owner of that Russell

yeah great show cracker of russell well deserved.. workers with rossettes good to see.. even me own black had his spin in the ringl i will never be let forget this one :icon_eek:

Edited by lee micheal kennels

had a real good day some girl got herself 2 cracking bullx pups

was it you that bred them? ive them here in the house beside me

no it was my mate that bred them i was the 1 with the old black bullx that was talking to you