maybe it was fine when the lad tried it? thought although it looks abit tattey it still works and it would give more joy and happiness to the old lady? and it just collapsed? its a bit like a light bulb, it works fine and just goes? doubt the lad did it on purpose. :thumbs:

edited to say you also state the guy never works? and that you would buy her a new bench? how would he be able to afford a new bench for her? and i doubt he forced it on her? probably would have offered it to her

good point, and good answer mate... It just looked abit shabby but like you say and most others say, he probarbly didnt know..

:thumbs: i just thought if it was me, i would have tried it, thought "ach it looks shabby but its still alright, too good to lob out, said to whoever "i was gonna chuck this but your welcome to have it?" they say yes they can have it they say no i chuck it. :thumbs:

reminds me of the time someone came round the doors asking if i could donate clothes to starving kids in africa..

i said "if they can fit into my clothes they aint fecking starving!"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are working on assumptions!!........the bloke that gave her the bench may have had the very best intentions and no idea that the bench was about to break. Most people who give stuff away do so fo

Wouldn't want to give someone something that i knew was damaged or about to break. Maybe if i knew the person and they could fix it up, whatever it was, then yes they could have it.......

I much prefer old tat, much preferable to today's modern rubbish. I'm in my element if i get something old fashioned i can 'do up'

maybe it was fine when the lad tried it? thought although it looks abit tattey it still works and it would give more joy and happiness to the old lady? and it just collapsed? its a bit like a light bulb, it works fine and just goes? doubt the lad did it on purpose. :thumbs:

edited to say you also state the guy never works? and that you would buy her a new bench? how would he be able to afford a new bench for her? and i doubt he forced it on her? probably would have offered it to her

he's a kept man RM, he lives in a 7 bedroomed house, and was off to turkey for 3 weeks yesterday... He's fecking minted..

I regularly give stuff to the charity shops, I could usually sell the stuff on Ebay but I don't.

Not 'cos I'm a kind hearted soul, just that I can't be arsed with all the palaver that goes with it for the sake of a few quid.:boogie:

Cheers, D.

Can i ask Wilf, what does the "inward look" mean?

It means asking youself why you are assuming that if a person donates something which may break on day one in its new home, that the person who gave it is somehow in the wrong when in fact their intentions were all right.

And, since we are talking about motivations for doing something, you posed the question of "are people doing it to make themselves look good" when folk could assume that you started this thread (conciously or not) for the very same reason, ie, to make yourself look good.

Fascinating how the mind works really, dont you think.

chin chin

Are you a phycoligist(or what ever)... It was a general question of something i have been thinking about wilf... No problem. And sorry it caused you stress but dont call me a prick... cheers :thumbs:

Here we go again - dummy out of the pram time!!!!! :laugh:

Would you donate your rubbish....They say another mans rubbish is another mans profit..

If you knew you had something that was on its way out, almost finished. Would you kindly donate it to someone less fortunate than yourself, with the knowing fact that the item will break at any time. Causing even more upset than they had without it. Or would you be harsh and say, sorry its no good, its going in the bin....

Maybe the reason if you did, would be to see happiness in someones face. Or maybe, to make yourself look good in front of others. Hense, not really giving a shit about the person involved.....

i'd offer it fully explaining that it may break,if it was a very old or not all there person i maybe wouldnt give them the option for their own safety.

Are you a phycoligist(or what ever)... It was a general question of something i have been thinking about wilf... No problem. And sorry it caused you stress but dont call me a prick... cheers :thumbs:

I didnt say you were a prick, I said maybe your a prick in your subconcious......see, you could be a complete prick without even realising it or maybe not..........or maybe I am just f*****g with ya, who knows! :D

Either way, its still a bit unkind to assume the worst about people who are giving someone else a freebie......so dont be a prick! lol lol :laugh::laugh:

Can i ask Wilf, what does the "inward look" mean?

It means asking youself why you are assuming that if a person donates something which may break on day one in its new home, that the person who gave it is somehow in the wrong when in fact their intentions were all right.

And, since we are talking about motivations for doing something, you posed the question of "are people doing it to make themselves look good" when folk could assume that you started this thread (conciously or not) for the very same reason, ie, to make yourself look good.

Fascinating how the mind works really, dont you think.

chin chin

Here we go again - dummy out of the pram time!!!!! :laugh:

20090728_223724_pram.jpg

Quite often put stuff on gumtree in the freebies section cos if its still in decent working order i cant bear to toss it

Im still in decent working order

:laugh::laugh: I'm not....but I've already tossed myself so don't worry Ethyl :tongue2:

Quite often put stuff on gumtree in the freebies section cos if its still in decent working order i cant bear to toss it

Im still in decent working order

This is becoming a sort of stalking is it not.................. :whistling:

I didnt say you were a prick, I said maybe your a prick in your subconcious......see, you could be a complete prick without even realising it or maybe not..........or maybe I am just f*****g with ya, who knows! :D

Either way, its still a bit unkind to assume the worst about people who are giving someone else a freebie......so dont be a prick! lol lol :laugh::laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: