andrew edwards collie xs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats wrong with a dog fencing 2 get a throat hold not a safe hold its called using there brain not there braun cause they no its the fastes way of killing the fox.instead of holding on 2 its ass and

i think this thread shows how critical lurcher men can be, rather than give credit to a man and his dogs, lads would rather try to find some little chink in the armour and give critasim.   and im

a good example of fox dog with no bull in it, why people believe that only the bulls are consistant fox takers is beyond me. these collie xs are clever in some catches they deliberatly hit them with t

a good example of fox dog with no bull in it, why people believe that only the bulls are consistant fox takers is beyond me. these collie xs are clever in some catches they deliberatly hit them with there head to bowl em over and then make the strike. excellent too watch. :thumbs:

Those dogs are amazing at hunting up foxes, BUT i was less than impressed with their drive to actually get the job done, far too much fencing for a "safe" hold for my liking, and in my opinion those dogs would fail miserably if you were lamping them single handed with any regularity. As i said great at hunting them up but for what most folk use they would fall well below standard. All irrelavent for me nowdays as i only hunt brer rabbit :thumbs:

Edited to add i haven't seen the new film, my opinions are based on the old dvd......

whats wrong with a dog fencing 2 get a throat hold not a safe hold its called using there brain not there braun cause they no its the fastes way of killing the fox.instead of holding on 2 its ass and getting half its face nawed off for no reason.i prefer a dog 2 get the job done without taken 2 much stick once the job is done its done simple as.2 many bull cross oweners out there an all they think about is how much punishment my dog can take r how hard my dog is look at his face.its like putting a qute boxer in with a brawler just cause the boxer uses his brain instead of his braun does that me he has less drive i dont think so bud.every 1 has there own way of getting the job done same for dogs

I'm not knocking what those dogs are capable of, NEVER owned a dog that was capable of what they do and anyone who knows me knows i've never been a "look at my dogs marks", your mistaking my comments thinking i prefer a dog to take punsihment, i most certainly don't, all im saying is dogs that think too much and fence for holds are USUALLY the ones that throw the towell in when they were given any numbers alone, and comparing a boxer to a dog is clearly ridiculous, a boxer is human, the other is a dog.......As i said, great at what they do, amazing nose and ability, BUT in my opinion a different dog is required for lamping, but as i say i'll stick to the bunnies nowdays :thumbs:

the best bitch i ever seen work fox used 2 fence for a hold and done it all her hunting life til she was 7 and was retired due 2 a bad injury dont get me wrong she could mix it when she needed 2 to.the punishment and marks comment wasnt directed at u bud its just anytime fox hunting is mentioned on this site thats what u hear.collies are a very clever dog and can change change there game when needed they could be completly diffrent dogs on the lamp.dont think im a collie lover cause im not but a good from the right breeding is hard 2 beat at most quarry.as a straight cross probly the best allrounder aswell.

• Like 1

i think this thread shows how critical lurcher men can be, rather than give credit to a man and his dogs, lads would rather try to find some little chink in the armour and give critasim.

and im suprised you turned the film of chid,,,, its shows lurchers doing what they are bred to do, hunting there own quary , catching and killing it,,,, good camera work as well.

not knocking the dogs or the film tomo just not my type of hunting i like the fast and furios type of hunting ...

Thistype of fosx dog has been developed to hunt ,and find the fox over the teain they hunt not all hounds kill fosx some hunt for the shear love of the hunt ,a few are demon killers but like most the whole packaahge only comes along occasionally.

a good example of fox dog with no bull in it, why people believe that only the bulls are consistant fox takers is beyond me. these collie xs are clever in some catches they deliberatly hit them with there head to bowl em over and then make the strike. excellent too watch. :thumbs:

there jackers that do nothing but yap,show me a good bullcross anyday

your a bit of a muppet pal.. that lad edwards has forgotten more about proper lurchers than you know.. away and throw shite at yourself..

To be fair, after a while of watching dogs just chase shit on a lamp, it's refreshing to be able to watch a DVD of dogs actually hunting, and on some great land. I lie pretty much on the edge of the Beacons and am up there fairly regular and it's tough land. Aye, they might take a wee bit longer to get round to the strike, but they have some fantastic runs (hunts), and thats much more enjoyable to watch (in my eyes) then a dog just ragging about a fox on the lamp. Horse for courses, no need to knock shit just cos it's not YOUR way of doing it :thumbs:

• Like 1