andrew edwards collie xs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats wrong with a dog fencing 2 get a throat hold not a safe hold its called using there brain not there braun cause they no its the fastes way of killing the fox.instead of holding on 2 its ass and

i think this thread shows how critical lurcher men can be, rather than give credit to a man and his dogs, lads would rather try to find some little chink in the armour and give critasim.   and im

a good example of fox dog with no bull in it, why people believe that only the bulls are consistant fox takers is beyond me. these collie xs are clever in some catches they deliberatly hit them with t

a good example of fox dog with no bull in it, why people believe that only the bulls are consistant fox takers is beyond me. these collie xs are clever in some catches they deliberatly hit them with there head to bowl em over and then make the strike. excellent too watch. :thumbs:

• Like 2

a good example of fox dog with no bull in it, why people believe that only the bulls are consistant fox takers is beyond me. these collie xs are clever in some catches they deliberatly hit them with there head to bowl em over and then make the strike. excellent too watch. :thumbs:

Those dogs are amazing at hunting up foxes, BUT i was less than impressed with their drive to actually get the job done, far too much fencing for a "safe" hold for my liking, and in my opinion those dogs would fail miserably if you were lamping them single handed with any regularity. As i said great at hunting them up but for what most folk use they would fall well below standard. All irrelavent for me nowdays as i only hunt brer rabbit :thumbs:

Edited to add i haven't seen the new film, my opinions are based on the old dvd......

I've only seen the first one, but they work like hounds. True they pick there shots but it's a small price to pay for there hunting abilities. The area they cover is vast and lesser dogs wouldn't even find the foxes, even if they are better at killing. Plus not steaming in and getting bit allows them to work day after day. Full respect.

I have been told by a few welsh lads that know him there is other blood in there, been told there is hound in there make up...not that it matters, whatever it is they do hunt well. :thumbs:

Those dogs are amazing at hunting up foxes, BUT i was less than impressed with their drive to actually get the job done, far too much fencing for a "safe" hold for my liking, and in my opinion those dogs would fail miserably if you were lamping them single handed with any regularity. As i said great at hunting them up but for what most folk use they would fall well below standard. All irrelavent for me nowdays as i only hunt brer rabbit :thumbs:

Edited to add i haven't seen the new film, my opinions are based on the old dvd......

whats wrong with a dog fencing 2 get a throat hold not a safe hold its called using there brain not there braun cause they no its the fastes way of killing the fox.instead of holding on 2 its ass and getting half its face nawed off for no reason.i prefer a dog 2 get the job done without taken 2 much stick once the job is done its done simple as.2 many bull cross oweners out there an all they think about is how much punishment my dog can take r how hard my dog is look at his face.its like putting a qute boxer in with a brawler just cause the boxer uses his brain instead of his braun does that me he has less drive i dont think so bud.every 1 has there own way of getting the job done same for dogs

• Like 7

The DVD is called "fox hunting with lurchers" and them dogs do exactly that,they hunt them and they hunt them well.

The lad accounts for a lot of foxes doing it his way.........some dogs are good at killing foxes but couldn't find one for toffee and vice-versa. :thumbs:

i agree about the fire, seen bull croses end it in one bite, i dont think you could of had a better cross for that day time terrain , talking lurchers obviously. they suit the hunting and get the job done but there intelligence does lack the final finish, i do agree.

but with out the hunt there would be no finish. no matter what crosses we use there will always be advantages and disadvantages. i envy any one who had fox dogs with no faults doing the job. as for lamping again it would be down too the terrain what i would use, nice big open fields or moorland would suit a different cross to a dog that had smaller fields with more hedges. nothing compares to watching dogs hunt , especially fox hounds for me . you are right the collie crosses do diver abit at the end, and bull xs dont think as much and finish it like a fox hound :

, but they take the punishment more than a dog with brains and this is why people prefer this cross. if a dog can do the job with out less punishment then i dont see a problem. bull xs have drive which will over come there thinking and collies have brains what make them more tactical at the job, so there will always be an argument , its up to the individual which you prefer :o

Edited by whippet 99
Guest no1 jacker

there jackers that do nothing but yap,show me a good bullcross anyday