Deleted due to lack of interest

you cant class all dogs as quitters if they dont stay till you dig to them,and stupid to think like that,

A terrier that doesnt stay till it is dug with out being called out is a quitter ...a jacker ..a spewer ...it has walked of the job end off story ....there is no doubt some of they types have there uses ...There will be many lads that dont realise what differant types of terrier with all sorts of situations and uses is needed on a hunt

Del glad to see you have put your toys back in the pram when some lads dont agree with things you have written ..this would be a boring forum if we all thought the same

if you keep dogs to dig to i agree whole heartedly :thumbs: but if you keep terriers to bolt foxes and breed them for that. how long they stay isnt a factor. its how well they can shift foxes from below ground. a different task for a different animal. some good ones come from failed digging dogs

and yes they are spewers. but if they are bred for bolting foxes. then surely different rules apply

food for thought

Surely bolting terriers are not bred from other bolting terriers or spewers whatever you want to call them surely they are born with the owner thinking even hopeing they will become digging terriers but after failing in that job they are kept to become bolting terriers if the owner has a use for that type ....imo if you breed from out and out bolting terriers you will quickly go down the slippery slope of produceing out and out wankers

i think i'll agree to disagree on that one. when you see the work that can be bred for across the board with canines. bolting foxes isnt rocket science. its a relatively simple task. but it is stupid to compare a good bolting terrier with a digging dog. as they need totally different qualities. and as for wankers. ive used that term on a few occassions when one of my terriers where anything above three foot down and refuseing to come out. why is it digging lads force there values on all working terriers. your like jehovahs whitnesses :tongue2:

So you are saying you would breed from 2 spewers jackers bolting terriers call them what you may hopeing to produce a litter of similar types to the parents ????????????

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lads who are out with there mates a few times a week on the whole defiantly have better dogs than hunt terrier lads, there prepared to Poach travel miles take days off work all to work there dogs!

TBH mate I'd rather give 2 or 3 terriers plenty of work rather than very little work to 7 terriers. Different people have different standards, mine won't be as high as some of the lads on here but if

Posted Images

you cant class all dogs as quitters if they dont stay till you dig to them,and stupid to think like that,

A terrier that doesnt stay till it is dug with out being called out is a quitter ...a jacker ..a spewer ...it has walked of the job end off story ....there is no doubt some of they types have there uses ...There will be many lads that dont realise what differant types of terrier with all sorts of situations and uses is needed on a hunt

Del glad to see you have put your toys back in the pram when some lads dont agree with things you have written ..this would be a boring forum if we all thought the same

if you keep dogs to dig to i agree whole heartedly :thumbs: but if you keep terriers to bolt foxes and breed them for that. how long they stay isnt a factor. its how well they can shift foxes from below ground. a different task for a different animal. some good ones come from failed digging dogs

and yes they are spewers. but if they are bred for bolting foxes. then surely different rules apply

food for thought

Surely bolting terriers are not bred from other bolting terriers or spewers whatever you want to call them surely they are born with the owner thinking even hopeing they will become digging terriers but after failing in that job they are kept to become bolting terriers if the owner has a use for that type ....imo if you breed from out and out bolting terriers you will quickly go down the slippery slope of produceing out and out wankers

i think i'll agree to disagree on that one. when you see the work that can be bred for across the board with canines. bolting foxes isnt rocket science. its a relatively simple task. but it is stupid to compare a good bolting terrier with a digging dog. as they need totally different qualities. and as for wankers. ive used that term on a few occassions when one of my terriers where anything above three foot down and refuseing to come out. why is it digging lads force there values on all working terriers. your like jehovahs whitnesses :tongue2:

So you are saying you would breed from 2 spewers jackers bolting terriers call them what you may hopeing to produce a litter of similar types to the parents ????????????

see your still at it. i havnt bred a litter for many years and no i woudnt breed from two wank terriers. but i would put together two good bolting terriers. both from good working lines. why would you not :blink: the qualities i would be looking for would be a good voice a good nose and enough intelligence to figure out how it is required to work. this is usually easily taught by giving it a few easy bolts in its young life. a bright terrier isnt long learning what is required :thumbs:

what i wouldnt put together is over hard or mute terriers. terriers that get badly damaged regularly. shortening their working lives.

my opinion is that good baying terrier lines are harder to find as they have all been polluted with bull and fell. this means even if your carefull in what you breed you will still have foolhardy terriers that are a liability appearing. (wank terriers) culls.

wank terriers i would say are terriers that are too big to fit to most foxes. terriers that are not built for the job. square chesty dogs. dogs that are too hard dogs that are mute. these types are found everywhere and seem highly prized. :blink: exuses abound for these over hard oversized often mute terriers. .. if they are keen enough they will get .. :whistling:

na give me a good handy sized bayer anytime. i get fed up watching folk pound decent lads for their choice of working terrier and the way they choose to work them. to me everyone has the right to keep and work what they like. How they see fit. as long as they are honest and above board :thumbs:

our wwarcry should be al for one and one for all. :toast:

• Like 1

food for thought

see your still at it. i havnt bred a litter for many years and no i woudnt breed from two wank terriers. but i would put together two good bolting terriers. both from good working lines. why would you not :blink: the qualities i would be looking for would be a good voice a good nose and enough intelligence to figure out how it is required to work. this is usually easily taught by giving it a few easy bolts in its young life. a bright terrier isnt long learning what is required :thumbs:

what i wouldnt put together is over hard or mute terriers. terriers that get badly damaged regularly. shortening their working lives.

my opinion is that good baying terrier lines are harder to find as they have all been polluted with bull and fell. this means even if your carefull in what you breed you will still have foolhardy terriers that are a liability appearing. (wank terriers) culls.

wank terriers i would say are terriers that are too big to fit to most foxes. terriers that are not built for the job. square chesty dogs. dogs that are too hard dogs that are mute. these types are found everywhere and seem highly prized. :blink: exuses abound for these over hard oversized often mute terriers. .. if they are keen enough they will get .. :whistling:

na give me a good handy sized bayer anytime. i get fed up watching folk pound decent lads for their choice of working terrier and the way they choose to work them. to me everyone has the right to keep and work what they like. How they see fit. as long as they are honest and above board :thumbs:

Spot on mate, good honest post.

food for thought

Good post.

Everyone has the right to keep a terrier that suits them.

The SIMPLEMINDED can keep a Hard-un, 25lb staff cross that will require little input on entering from the terreirman.

That will GET-ON and Take hold, fight to the death, MUTE as a Pit bull, Single handed (it will kill anything within reach) never left off the lead.

Bad with stock,bad with dogs, bad with people. BUT.... give it credit a really GAME dog. (The VET has a new BMW from his visits)

The MUDDLEHEADED can keep a Bayer, 12lb, Fox dog. It will require Patience on entering.

Will need a lot of excuses, stays for as long as a 2 foot dig, Can be left run cover with other terriers (it may end up underground with another dog)

Needs a BARF diet, GREAT RATTER, good pet. i.e easily trained (Milan books), good with stock,dogs,and people.Great with the kids.

And somewhere in the middle is EVERYONE else, Small terrier any Colour, any Coat type, any Breed.

Gets the owner off his arse and out into the country.

Enters an earth, finds someone home, chases it to a stop end and stays long enough to let the owner dig down.

Great result, you went hunting and you caught something.

Why do we always have to choose between the SIMPLEMINDED and the MUDDLEHEADED?

:thumbs:

food for thought

Good post.

Everyone has the right to keep a terrier that suits them.

The SIMPLEMINDED can keep a Hard-un, 25lb staff cross that will require little input on entering from the terreirman.

That will GET-ON and Take hold, fight to the death, MUTE as a Pit bull, Single handed (it will kill anything within reach) never left off the lead.

Bad with stock,bad with dogs, bad with people. BUT.... give it credit a really GAME dog. (The VET has a new BMW from his visits)

The MUDDLEHEADED can keep a Bayer, 12lb, Fox dog. It will require Patience on entering.

Will need a lot of excuses, stays for as long as a 2 foot dig, Can be left run cover with other terriers (it may end up underground with another dog)

Needs a BARF diet, GREAT RATTER, good pet. i.e easily trained (Milan books), good with stock,dogs,and people.Great with the kids.

And somewhere in the middle is EVERYONE else, Small terrier any Colour, any Coat type, any Breed.

Gets the owner off his arse and out into the country.

Enters an earth, finds someone home, chases it to a stop end and stays long enough to let the owner dig down.

Great result, you went hunting and you caught something.

Why do we always have to choose between the SIMPLEMINDED and the MUDDLEHEADED?

:thumbs:

becouse everything in the hunting dog world is black or white. there are no shades of grey :blink:

in undiggable places you need a terrier that will kill the fox, and get itself back out, no point in terrier baying away when your not going to get to it,it would be the owner that failed not the dog when the dog walked out,no dog can be expected to stay forever if you cant get to it,i would say a hard terrier for fox is easier dog to get than a good digging dog that needs to stay till you can get to it,it takes a lot of work to build a dogs confidence and turn it into a good dog and knolage of using the right dog in the right place helps the dog,anybody could make a dog from any line jack ,its often people to blame not dogs.

• Like 1
Guest THE BEATNICK

in undiggable places you need a terrier that will kill the fox, and get itself back out, no point in terrier baying away when your not going to get to it,it would be the owner that failed not the dog when the dog walked out,no dog can be expected to stay forever if you cant get to it,i would say a hard terrier for fox is easier dog to get than a good digging dog that needs to stay till you can get to it,it takes a lot of work to build a dogs confidence and turn it into a good dog and knolage of using the right dog in the right place helps the dog,anybody could make a dog from any line jack ,its often people to blame not dogs.

How do you know the dog has killed it maybe the dog has come off it quarry and as you say you cant dig to it to find out or do you just say its killed it because he's a hard dog.

useing the same yardstick to measure two totally different types of worker. :thumbs:

Lancer no man who thought anything of his tyke whether it be hard ,a sounder ,call out or purple with yellow spots would enter there dog in a spot considered undiggable and for you to say a hard terrier should be used in theses conditions to kill its quarry then come out well lad your just speaking nonsence .

Clean spade Im not useing a yard stick to measure two differant ttypes if you look through some of my post s I will always say differant terriers for differant situations I have terriers that are totaly differant types but get more or less the same end result ....but when it comes to breeding from dogs that walk off (not called off)then you will produce wankers ..........like I have said a 10 minute wonder is a handy tool that will be a failed digging dog surely no one should be breeding 10 minute wonders to produce 10 minute wonders .....W e all have differant ideas when it comes to breeding terriers and what type we should breed from but my views on this cannot be discussed on thl

Edited by MOO

useing the same yardstick to measure two totally different types of worker. :thumbs:

Lancer no man who thought anything of his tyke whether it be hard ,a sounder ,call out or purple with yellow spots would enter there dog in a spot considered undiggable and for you to say a hard terrier should be used in theses conditions to kill its quarry then come out well lad your just speaking nonsence .

Clean spade Im not useing a yard stick to measure two differant ttypes if you look through some of my post s I will always say differant terriers for differant situations I have terriers that are totaly differant types but get more or less the same end result ....but when it comes to breeding from dogs that walk off (not called off)then you will produce wankers ..........like I have said a 10 minute wonder is a handy tool that will be a failed digging dog surely no one should be breeding 10 minute wonders to produce 10 minute wonders .....W e all have differant ideas when it comes to breeding terriers and what type we should breed from but my views on this cannot be discussed on thl

1oo% with you on your vievs MOO. :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I see what your saying moo and i'm inclined to agree.

Just one quick question, how you getting on with the white bitch from Gloucestershire?