Deleted due to lack of interest

when a fox is moving quickly his body gets warm and its scent will be stronger, a fox thats been hunted for hours gets tired the scent from him gets weaker, its then a fresh fox can lead the hounds astray as his scent is stronger, a fox that lies still can give off very little scent, i think what happened to you moby was when the fox came aware of you or the dog he then gave off some scent, so what you were saying was quite true, i could talk all night about foxes and badgers but i wont bore ye any more.

bore away pal its not very often you hear much sense on here

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lads who are out with there mates a few times a week on the whole defiantly have better dogs than hunt terrier lads, there prepared to Poach travel miles take days off work all to work there dogs!

TBH mate I'd rather give 2 or 3 terriers plenty of work rather than very little work to 7 terriers. Different people have different standards, mine won't be as high as some of the lads on here but if

Posted Images

when a fox is moving quickly his body gets warm and its scent will be stronger, a fox thats been hunted for hours gets tired the scent from him gets weaker, its then a fresh fox can lead the hounds astray as his scent is stronger, a fox that lies still can give off very little scent, i think what happened to you moby was when the fox came aware of you or the dog he then gave off some scent, so what you were saying was quite true, i could talk all night about foxes and badgers but i wont bore ye any more.

Guest busterdog

The same could be said about headed foxes, hounds can be screaming one minute and then the fox gets headed and bang no scent, I know this from personal experiance as it's usually me doing the heading lol.

Scent is a science all on it's own

The same could be said about headed foxes, hounds can be screaming one minute and then the fox gets headed and bang no scent, I know this from personal experiance as it's usually me doing the heading lol.

:thumbs:

WITH YOU ON THAT ONE 100% SEEN IT 14 SEASONS WORTH AND SAME AGAIN AS A FOLLOWER REGARDS DABBER

WITH YOU ON THAT ONE 100% SEEN IT 14 SEASONS WORTH AND SAME AGAIN AS A FOLLOWER REGARDS DABBER :notworthy:

Thanks Lancer for back up on this one and thanks to all the guys for the pms on ignoring keyboard clowns.

I have decided to come back on this post again so hear goes.

As i was saying, I was in Georgia hunting bobcat with a hard experienced terrier :D Del.

post-19091-0-44722700-1309125984_thumb.jpg

Thanks Lancer for back up on this one and thanks to all the guys for the pms on ignoring keyboard clowns.

I have decided to come back on this post again so hear goes.

As i was saying, I was in Georgia hunting bobcat with a hard experienced terrier :D Del.

post-19091-0-44722700-1309125984_thumb.jpg

:thumbs:

you cant class all dogs as quitters if they dont stay till you dig to them,and stupid to think like that,

How do you work that one out? Unless the dog can't get on & is trying to get to its quarry another way. Please explain as I'm curious as to your comment :thumbs:

Would you like to be down 4ft on a 6ft dig then look behind to see the terrier staring at you,i would'nt,and a dog that does that is a quiter,no ifs or buts,pure and simple quiter and lancer if you can call it something else you keep a very poor standard of terrier.

• Like 1

Would you like to be down 4ft on a 6ft dig then look behind to see the terrier staring at you,i would'nt,and a dog that does that is a quiter,no ifs or buts,pure and simple quiter and lancer if you can call it something else you keep a very poor standard of terrier.

Fat man, can i ask you please to explain what would happen if your dog was in say, a 10fter for example and you got 1/2 way down and hit solid rock which was impossible to penetrate. Would your dog stay there forever and not come out or how long would he bide in. Now,Lets throw another spanner in the works in case you say your dog would dispatch then leave. Say the fox was in a spot like this that was impossible to dig and charlie had squeezed through a tight spot that your terrier couldnt get too or he jumped up onto a ledge where terrier couldnt get to which does happen, then you are trying to say that your dog will NEVER come out. If you are, then im sorry but i dont believe it and also i do not want a terrier like this,, yis Del.

K9 i can remember one incident a long time back when i had a very hard dog to ground and it ran under a slap of a silage pit.We had to get a consaw and compresser and jackhammer to get to the dog.In all the dog was to ground for nearly 7 hours and never once moved from his quarry which was exactly what i expected of him.I had an old dog recently that done 3 days to ground in a shore and took a hell of a lot of punishment for his trouble.He came out himself after 3 days as i could not locate him or enter another dog with collar on as this dog would not tolerate another dog to ground.K9 if you are happy with the way your own dogs work then fair enough,but people have different standards and as you stated you would not want a terrier that stays where i would not keep a terrier that jibbs and if it comes away after an hour or two then thats what it is,a jibber.

• Like 2