Deleted due to lack of interest

Hunt terriers for mounted packs are worked in a diferent way

to a couple of lads out for a bit of sport

But i wouldnt blame THE HUNT on a dog jacking .....

ok explain yourself then,examples of the hunt terrierman and 2 lads out for a walk.

do you not know or are you waiting to rip into the lads that do respond ?

oh stig you ruined it am bored pissing down out side , sat here waiting for the education :tongue2:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lads who are out with there mates a few times a week on the whole defiantly have better dogs than hunt terrier lads, there prepared to Poach travel miles take days off work all to work there dogs!

TBH mate I'd rather give 2 or 3 terriers plenty of work rather than very little work to 7 terriers. Different people have different standards, mine won't be as high as some of the lads on here but if

Posted Images

ok explain yourself then,examples of the hunt terrierman and 2 lads out for a walk.

oh stig you ruined it am bored pissing down out side , sat here waiting for the education :tongue2:

thats why i did`nt respond mate .. be interesting if you do get a replie now i doubt it ... you know its coming when you get ---- some shit potsed on here and the well thought out smiley posts ..would you lend a terrier to a hunt not knowing how hunt terriermen work ...

Edited by the_stig

thats why i did`nt respond mate .. be interesting if you do get a replie now i doubt it ... you know its coming when you get ---- some shit potsed on here and the well thought out smiley posts ..would you lend a terrier to a hunt not knowing how hunt terriermen work ...

you know the answer to that qestion ;)

i really had to think about this one ..... :D
Guest dee mac

hunt work and lads digging for a bit of sport can be like night and day as at end of the day a hunt terrierman is a servant of the hunt and is there too provide sport for paying followers and so is under pressure too evict fox as efficently as possible if it bolts quick its a bonus but if its too be dug then thats what they do as a few lads out for a day have no one too answer too and can be layed back take there time and stack the odds in there favour of digging there dog more regularly as that s what they want too do.too say hunt dogs are not up too standards of non hunt digging dogs is nonsense as even between digging lads the standard s of the dogs they use can be a diff ends of the scale same as with the hunts some keep a very good type of dog others keep a not so good but if its suits there type of work then let them tear away.after reading mr stevens book i got the impression that he enjoyed his days stopping more so than hunt days as he could work his dogs the way he wanted then on hunt days he was there to do his job just my opinion may not be right but i ve said it now :laugh:

Guest busterdog

hunt work and lads digging for a bit of sport can be like night and day as at end of the day a hunt terrierman is a servant of the hunt and is there too provide sport for paying followers and so is under pressure too evict fox as efficently as possible if it bolts quick its a bonus but if its too be dug then thats what they do as a few lads out for a day have no one too answer too and can be layed back take there time and stack the odds in there favour of digging there dog more regularly as that s what they want too do.too say hunt dogs are not up too standards of non hunt digging dogs is nonsense as even between digging lads the standard s of the dogs they use can be a diff ends of the scale same as with the hunts some keep a very good type of dog others keep a not so good but if its suits there type of work then let them tear away.after reading mr stevens book i got the impression that he enjoyed his days stopping more so than hunt days as he could work his dogs the way he wanted then on hunt days he was there to do his job just my opinion may not be right but i ve said it now :laugh:

Your no one's fool Dee lol

if you have seen where i have ripped in to any lads on this shit site iknow the lad who posted we having bit of craic.but arse holes like you and few more just waiting to rip in to lads,your prob one i go in the morning after ive worked most of the hangover off types.i know few like that.seems you boys have nothing good to say to anyone.going back on posts from ye is nothing but negativity.you know nothing about me but your entitled to your opinion,as for lending the dog out my hands are up was a favour to a relation de knows the craic unless he as big a c**t as you lot.dee how many times you dig with hunt or any you muppets.

Edited by micheal rennicks

if you have seen where i have ripped in to any lads on this shit site iknow the lad who posted we having bit of craic.but arse holes like you and few more just waiting to rip in to lads,your prob one i go in the morning after ive worked most of the hangover off types.i know few like that.seems you boys have nothing good to say to anyone.going back on posts from ye is nothing but negativity.you know nothing about me but your entitled to your opinion,as for lending the dog out my hands are up was a favour to a relation de knows the craic unless he as big a c**t as you lot.dee how many times you dig with hunt or any you muppets.

dont come out ya pram -- read the posts in context -- me been at it 38 yr packed up digging 2 yr ago -- and im tee total have been for yrs .. i think dees answered the question perfectly --

noticed the threads been deleted --- the terrier game united we stand ...:doh: if i was in a war i would`nt want 50 terriermen in my regiment ..:whistling:

For a thread that has been deleted !Sure got a lot more interested,but not about original topic! the usual turnaround to the same old thing ? :D:D:D:D just to keep everyone happy ,contaigous them smileys.

i know mate would of been better if someone had started a new thread about the attributes of the hunt terrier -- here you go :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: ;) Edited by the_stig

noticed the threads been deleted --- the terrier game united we stand ...:doh: if i was in a war i would`nt want 50 terriermen in my regiment ..:whistling:

For a thread that has been deleted !Sure got a lot more interested,but not about original topic! the usual turnaround to the same old thing ? :D:D:D:D just to keep everyone happy ,contaigous them smileys.

i know mate would of been better if someone had started a new thread about the attributes of the hunt terrier -- here you go :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: ;)

dont know anything bout these smileys but you been at it 38 yrs good man the knowledge you give people on here is invaluable. :toast::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Guest dee mac

mickey i have never hunted or dug with a hunt never said i did but im digging terriers a very long time and every spare minute i have is spent with dogs weather it be cleaning and feeding working them or tending to there war wounds or bringing on pups now anybody with a bit of knowledge knows what hunt work entails as they have a good intersest about the terriers they work and like to read and listen too men that have been in that line of work or have been into dogs alot longer than myself.i shoot over spaniels as well never owned a pointer or lab but know how they are supposed too be handled and worked same as digging and hunt work its the same dogs used just for two different jobs and as you ll amit you ve never worked as terrierman for a hunt but you know what it entails so its the same thing !

Guest dee mac

ps i never questioned why you lent the dog out your dog your decision and i know you were trying too pull them out of a hole i only posted in reference too the hunt terrier v digging terrier as i think the good hunt terriers will graft and do the work that digging dogs do weather you think im a c**t or not is up too you mick.

ps i never questioned why you lent the dog out your dog your decision and i know you were trying too pull them out of a hole i only posted in reference too the hunt terrier v digging terrier as i think the good hunt terriers will graft and do the work that digging dogs do weather you think im a c**t or not is up too you mick.

sorry to butt in but you are saying that a terrier that is used by a hunt terrierman is not a digging dog now

i am interested could you please give me your opinion on the differance beetween the two or do you mean the people who own terriers are not the same as terriermen that do it for a living,

Guest dee mac

What part of i think a good hunt terrier will do the same work as a good digging dog did you not understand what im saying is a good dog is a good dog reguardless of weather it dos hunt work or not but the hunt terrierman dos have more pressure on a hunt day than the ordinary terrierman just out for a day s sport as his main job is too keep the huntsman and follower s happy as that is his job not hobby

What part of i think a good hunt terrier will do the same work as a good digging dog did you not understand what im saying is a good dog is a good dog reguardless of weather it dos hunt work or not but the hunt terrierman dos have more pressure on a hunt day than the ordinary terrierman just out for a day s sport as his main job is too keep the huntsman and follower s happy as that is his job not hobby

calm down rocky you used the words digging dog and hunt terrier as in there was a differance not me , good huntterrier men surround them selves with the tools to do the job , i must have missed the earlier part of this thred , think we agree that there is no differance just the prople who use them and they way the work them ;)