DOGS BRED FOR THE FENS

Well; you're obviously after an agument..... but the lads that have REAL fenn dogs and match them for big money, probably don't even look on here !! They do their own thing, and breed the best coursing dogs in the world, (imho). Of course, the "Fen Dog" isn't what you want for an all round Lurcher... but it was never meant to be, so why knock what is a purpose bred animal for a specific job ???

Cheers.

WHO ME :whistling: WHAT MAKES THEM BETTER THAN A DOG THAT CAN CATCH QUICKER THAN THEY CAN.WHAT MAKES THEM BETTER THAN A DOG THAT CAN CATCH IN SMALL FIELDS.WHAT MAKES THEM BETTER THAN A DOG THAT CAN JUMP AND CATCH?WHAT MAKES THEM BETTER?IM ONLY ASKING BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT DOG I PREFER.

what makes you say coursing dogs dont kill quick? you maybe seen a couple of bad clips so you decide to slag them of... iv got a 1st x saluki greyhound whats as quick as my old collie whippet greyhound. and she will kill them in small field and big fields and there 1 thing for sure my old bitch wouldnt :whistling:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TOO SLOW FOR ME ,ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD FOR MY NEEDS.TAKE THEM OUT THEIR BIG ENORMOUS FEILDS,AND THEY CANT DO IT .BY THE TIME THEYRE WARMING UP ITS OVER.PUT AFENCE IN FRONT OF THEM AND MOST OF THE SUPER F

NOT SLAGGING OFF THE SCOTCH DOUGIE & CO ,   BE PRETTY SAD TO CONSIDERING IVE A DOSE OF THAT BLOOD RUNNING THROUGH MY PEDIGREE   AND   AS I SAID IVE A FEW MATES WHO ARE JOCKS AND SOME

Well; you're obviously after an agument..... but the lads that have REAL fenn dogs and match them for big money, probably don't even look on here !! They do their own thing, and breed the best coursin

I would guess he has only ever seen coursing on YouTube to come out with statements like that. The people that slag it have normally never seen it for real.

WHOS SLAGGING IT? IM JUST SAYING THE ONES IVE SEEN UP HERE COULDNT DO IT.THE RUNNING DIDNT SUIT THEM.IF IT WAS ANY OTHER DOGS NOTHING WOULD BE SAID BUT BECAUSE THEYVE BEEN BRED FOR THE FENS YOU CANT COMMENT ON THEM.

Run what you run , on what ground you run on what game you run , and f**k what anyone else thinks. My dogs do what I need. And thats what matters , if my game was lamping , and running short fields , id get a dog for that job , if I run big land I get dog for that job , how many beddy x whippets run fens , ? Get a dog to suit your needs. Fact.

SPOT ON MATE WELL SAID :thumbs: MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY,BUT WEE FEILDS DONT SUIT THEY FEN THINGS .

If a dog, any dog, can't jump a dyke or fence it is the fault of the owner not the dog. FFS: a lot of the so called fen dogs won't have hardly been out of a kennel before they see the fens, not taught how to jump or anything. Try taking a look at what the owners do with the dogs before they run them: yes, there's plenty of sensible owners who do educate their dogs, but just as many who somehow expect their dogs to know how to jump, handle hedges, ditches and wire all without ever learning how to do it as a youngster. Funnily enough, there's plenty of fences on the fens, usually round peoples' gardens, paddocks etc> the hares use these to lose the dogs, the dogs that haven't been taught about obstacles as pups.

Why do people do this....if you're not into coursing on the fens why start a thread saying fen dogs are crap. Same as these people that don't like whippets that start a thread saying whippets can't do this or can't do that. If you don't like fen dogs then don't watch clips of them and then moan that it's boring.

If you're that bored that you want to have an argument just for the sake of it.....GO OUT AND GET MARRIED! :laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

what dogs are you running am back? can your scottish dogs go to the fens and kill quickly? its the same argument if you turn it around are the scottish fast whippet things any good for big open land?

the fast whippet things do it up here FACT .whhy would they not do it down there? a good dog will do it anywere ,for me 90% of it is how good it is with the mouth.coursing greyhounds with lungs thats what fen dogs are.theyre not kept like or worked like a lurcher.out a box and get on ,the minute money is involved it changes everything .

If you're that bored that you want to have an argument just for the sake of it.....GO OUT AND GET MARRIED! :laugh::laugh:

spot on mate :toast:

Best reply yet lol .. can have my missis free to good home. Lol

youse three should get a bed :feck: what youse upto the day,putting your hunting dogs on a tread mill.getting your hunting dogs to run behind a car robbing c**ts out of 500 pounds for a plodding cocking heartless stud.go to real feilds and let the cocking begin.

A dog will adapt to any ground , situation if ran there often enough.

oh so they need ran often on the same ground to be any good.shite what if you do somewere different every week,as most people do .one trick pony thats what you get on the same ground .and thats what they fen things are.ffs a full saluki can catch on the fens.