best fox dog ever seen

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my fox dogs might not be the best but av got more good nights and foxes with him and he suits me to the ground . hes the best dog av owned he lifts and kills an every run is exciting

And brian even managed to lamp all them foxes in a pair of leather slip on shoes all winter.........

7 or 8 in one day or night is some feat single handed if your talking catch and kill and mature winter foxes.Im not saying it's not possible but if a dog was to do it I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be go

Posted Images

nice dogs lads crisbullx was that bitch a halfx mate or what :thumbs:

Thanks mate she's 5/8 3/8 8year old retired now due to leg injury!!! The easy life for her now atb cbx

wel shes a nice bitch any way heres mine i hope he does his job this season :thumbs:

post-51678-0-44944100-1308860833_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i have had the pleasure of owning two very good fox dogs the first was a 5/8 3/8 hancock bred beardi border greyhound of hancocks enock this dog was called tarn and tok 4 fox on many a night in and a round essex and up the northeast he would also take bambi same day as taking 4 fox on lamp pre ban r i p tarn the second dog was fred a bull x greyhound a well thought of dog in his day would take as many fox as you could get up on pre ban he could also take all game loved the teeth and he also gone now these two dogs were the real deal pre ban true game dogs rip fred never to be forggotten

• Like 1

nice dogs lads crisbullx was that bitch a halfx mate or what :thumbs:

Thanks mate she's 5/8 3/8 8year old retired now due to leg injury!!! The easy life for her now atb cbx

wel shes a nice bitch any way heres mine i hope he does his job this season :thumbs:

Thanks mate!! he's a nice dog hope he comes 4 u mate atb cbx

Guest dances

best fox dog I ever seen was a dog named floyd from lpool,only seen him in his later years but this dog caught more foxes in his time than any other dog from lpool,fact.had a dog called bill myself who very rarely missed but only ran him two seasons and had to pts hrough bad injury,a lad called Craig from st helens I know had a big White dog not sure of the breeding but this dog could catch foxes for fun would of liked to own him myself, moggy 2011 of here had a dog called Oscar this dog caught most our foxes when he was about so respect to Oscar aswell ,good fox dogs are never forgottten just hard to replace, proper ones I mean :thumbs:

:thumbs:

that the moggy i met bosun?

and as far as fox dogs go iv yet to see one that really stands out

best fox dog I ever seen was a dog named floyd from lpool,only seen him in his later years but this dog caught more foxes in his time than any other dog from lpool,fact.had a dog called bill myself who very rarely missed but only ran him two seasons and had to pts hrough bad injury,a lad called Craig from st helens I know had a big White dog not sure of the breeding but this dog could catch foxes for fun would of liked to own him myself, moggy 2011 of here had a dog called Oscar this dog caught most our foxes when he was about so respect to Oscar aswell ,good fox dogs are never forgottten just hard to replace, proper ones I mean :thumbs:

:thumbs:

that the moggy i met bosun?

and as far as fox dogs go iv yet to see one that really stands out

Yes mate it is :thumbs:

I count myself lucky to have seen some serious animals over the years, Floyd was the best by far, but Oscar ran a good second. :yes:

anybody got any pics of these dog that there talking about ive heard that the pie dog was a good fox dog :thumbs:

Tug was 1x staff/grey 26in 70lb brindle dog, with a good head. He was very strong dog,but why he stood out he was hell of a tough dog, who would stop at nothing to get to is quarry day+night, week in week out. There is quite few lads on here who saw him work, and it was seeing him that i thought, if i ever get a bullxgrey i hope it is like Tug :thumbs: great dog hope my pup is as good .!

I've not seen one that stood out, seen rio run and tbh I'd rate hime below a few others I've seen. Probably the best one actually is the billy dog I have here now

:icon_eek: What was the point of even mentioning rios name when you rate him below others in a thread called "best fox dog ever seen"? :wallbash: If not just to bad mouth the dog? You must have a high standard to rate him so low when well seasoned/experienced men rate him so highly.... His son iv got here does more then is asked of him time and time again.

As for best fox dog iv seen to catch a fox would be a first cross collie/grey axle he didnt leave anything out of the field 9 he did one night single handed but wasnt the quickest to finnsh them ... Best allround fox dog iv seen work was a 3/4hound 1/4 ebt he was unstopable so we thought till a concrete cattle trough but had 12 one night single handed used to kill foxes in a flash .

I've not seen one that stood out, seen rio run and tbh I'd rate hime below a few others I've seen. Probably the best one actually is the billy dog I have here now

:icon_eek: What was the point of even mentioning rios name when you rate him below others in a thread called "best fox dog ever seen"? :wallbash: If not just to bad mouth the dog? You must have a high standard to rate him so low when well seasoned/experienced men rate him so highly.... His son iv got here does more then is asked of him time and time again.

As for best fox dog iv seen to catch a fox would be a first cross collie/grey axle he didnt leave anything out of the field 9 he did one night single handed but wasnt the quickest to finnsh them ... Best allround fox dog iv seen work was a 3/4hound 1/4 ebt he was unstopable so we thought till a concrete cattle trough but had 12 one night single handed used to kill foxes in a flash .

thats alot of foxs 12 in a night for 1 dog, how big height+weight was the 3/4g 1/4 ebt.They swear by them in Oz ebtxs for wild boar, they seem to think that they are better to x with otherdogs, than a apbt.As some pitxs want to fight the boar more than hold it thats what they reckon. :hmm: I would have thought any x would learn to hold if schooled right if from a young dog, maybe they just dont like pits. :yes:

Guest dances

I know you have a pup tm because I had him here for 3 weeks and still have the pics now. The reason I said about rio was to show how good the dogs I've seen are because the ones I have seen that where better then him where MUCH better then him. It wasn't a dig at the dog because I respect what the dog did, I don't however rate him anywhere near top of the dogs I've seen.

Anyway how is hitler? Any chance of putting a pic up as I haven't seen him since he left ours.