BEDDING

Guest Frank

STRAW / SHREDED.PAPER  

79 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH ONE?

• Straw
    • Shreded paper.

In the past and at present, as its winter, i have used straw as bedding for my ferts.

Having just had a look at the clip i put up with Simon White heads ferret care, he states that shreded paper is better, stops them getting ticks ect.

I had a conversation with another ferret keeper about this and he rckons that shreded paper is not warm enough for ferts in cold winter and that straw is better.

Now, i have not had a problem so far with straw, as regards to ticks ect, but dont use it in the summer, just winter and their is allways the first time.

Which do you folks use?

Cheers,

Frank.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used staw in the past with no problems , at the moment iam useing old jumpers and they love it :D the get inside the arms and curl up with each other keeps them warm and happy :D

I use shredded tea bag paper,its warm cos its perforated n it does'nt go soggy if it gets damp,i use it for dogs n ferts and i wouldnt use owt else now,its bout £12 for a compressed bale and lasts about 6 months :ok:

where do you get that from mate

used staw in the past will no problems , at the moment iam useing old jumpers and they love it :D the get inside the arms and curl up with each other keeps them warm and happy :D

I use shredded tea bag paper,its warm cos its perforated n it does'nt go soggy if it gets damp,i use it for dogs n ferts and i wouldnt use owt else now,its bout £12 for a compressed bale and lasts about 6 months :ok:

where do you get that from mate

Its a bit hard to find but at min i get it from a pet shop in shipley where g/f mother lives but i know a few others do it

i use straw all year round , but i also put in a chopped up dressing gown , its chopped up in to roughly 2ft by 3 ft sections and the ferrets love it, they all lay on top of the straw which they make into a nest, then put the gown on top B)

cheers devvo :drink:

Edited by devvo

tried straw and shredded paper and the little fookers pull it all over the gaff :laugh: so now i use 3 folded up sheets of news paper and an old jumper and half a dressing gown....when they get dirty just use another jumper/jogging bottoms and the other half of the dressing gown whilst there being vcleaned...warm and hygenic :)

Thanks so far folks. :thumbs-up:

Looks like shreded paper for me in the summer months.

I can get a supply from an office, this has black ink on it, is this Ok?

Frank.

yes frank its ok to use but not coloured its poisones (spelling)

i only just found that out :D after watching the ferreting videos on the link you put up :good::good: