• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What? Are you for real Adam? So the reason your dog killed a lamb was because it had seen some sheep and lambs in a field and had been going crazy.   Why would it go crazy because it seen some she

burn his hay shed down!! are you a arsonist. or just plain stupid? with a comment like that... get a grip !!

adam20 your not related to jpt are you just she posts utter bolloox aswell ....

i do agree maybe bit harsh and a no its his fields but if he has done it intensionaly for what ever reason then a just think its a bit shit.

It's "maybe a bit harsh", now there's an understatement if ever I read one.:doh:

Do you think the farmer would have that much spare time at this time of the year that he'd move sheep into and out of a field on the same day and then repeat it the next day just to annoy a dog?

Where the feck do THL get them from.:wallbash:

• Like 2

burn his hay shed to the ground poor dog been put to sleep through no fault of his own been gettin wound up knowing no one is home.

I think most of the others missed the irony of this post. Personally I think it is quite funny in an ironic sort of way.

Perhaps a bit of punctuation would have helped others understand it a bit better though?

TC

Edited by tiercel

burn his hay shed to the ground poor dog been put to sleep through no fault of his own been gettin wound up knowing no one is home.

I think most of the others missed the irony of this post. Personally I think it is quite funny in an ironic sort of way.

Perhaps a bit of punctuation would have helped others understand it a bit better though?

TC

TBH tiercel i don't think there was any intended irony in the post....

TC

Going by his reply above tiercel I would say there was no irony in his original post.

TC

Going by his reply above tiercel I would say there was no irony in his original post.

I had not read his second post when I made my post. Now that I have, I have to agree with you and Simoman that the irony was not intended. Another big whoops by myself.

TC

i do agree maybe bit harsh and a no its his fields but if he has done it intensionaly for what ever reason then a just think its a bit shit.

Im sure the dog thought it harsh as it took its last breath too? No need for pts and he was given all the advice he could use and he still choose to trust it how can you not see dozens of noisy white sheep bouncing about a field when its at the back door.We told you not to trust the dog till you had it well and truely sorted but you decided you knew better and well you know now dont you and so does the poor dead dog ffs.Then you come on here blaming everything and everyone else IT WAS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY NOT TO LET THAT DOG NEAR ANOTHER SHEEP you failed and the dogs dead

was talking to the old lady next door tonight about why i put my pup down. she then informed me that when i was at work the farmer was letting sheep into field and then taking them back out before i got home. the pup was watcching through pattio door and barking and going crazey at them. obviously with no one there to stop him or tell him other wise. this had been going on for a few days so when ive went in on sunday about ten and opened the back door he had ran and jumped over the fene and hit one straight away. if only i had knew what had been going on.

Listen adam with dogs s**t always going to happen....and it 99%down to handler...as much as we would like to blame it on the dog or other parties.....but ignore all the negativity

posted, try to take the positive from this, this is why you obviously posted, you want viewpoints, not slating!!!!!

The dog wasn't properly broke, my method....."dog used to walking on lead, when he/she hears the click of the fastener they know they off the lead, this is the learning zone! Fasten 10ft of cord around collar and then around your hand, unclip lead from collar,the dogs furthest limit is now only 10 ft if dog even looks at any form of livestock scone it by saying "NO" (never use its name,only use its name in positive situations) if dog fails to respond increase level of intensity (ie. by sharp pull on cord and raising tone of voice, towering over dog...etc..etc... increase level of correctiveness accordingly), every time dog faults put it back on lead and walk straight through the livestock repeating this method until you get the desired response. repeat over the next few days and weeks....you should see clear results after a few walks! Any dog should respond immediately to owners orders no matter if confined,leaded or running free.

Hasn't let me down yet for every form of obedience training!

Due to the nature of some breeds it will vary on training times, but fundamentally, they all dogs mate and respond to the same stimulus!

thumbs.gif

was talking to the old lady next door tonight about why i put my pup down. she then informed me that when i was at work the farmer was letting sheep into field and then taking them back out before i got home. the pup was watcching through pattio door and barking and going crazey at them. obviously with no one there to stop him or tell him other wise. this had been going on for a few days so when ive went in on sunday about ten and opened the back door he had ran and jumped over the fene and hit one straight away. if only i had knew what had been going on.

Listen adam with dogs s**t always going to happen....and it 99%down to handler...as much as we would like to blame it on the dog or other parties.....but ignore all the negativity

posted, try to take the positive from this, this is why you obviously posted, you want viewpoints, not slating!!!!!

The dog wasn't properly broke, my method....."dog used to walking on lead, when he/she hears the click of the fastener they know they off the lead, this is the learning zone! Fasten 10ft of cord around collar and then around your hand, unclip lead from collar,the dogs furthest limit is now only 10 ft if dog even looks at any form of livestock scone it by saying "NO" (never use its name,only use its name in positive situations) if dog fails to respond increase level of intensity (ie. by sharp pull on cord and raising tone of voice, towering over dog...etc..etc... increase level of correctiveness accordingly), every time dog faults put it back on lead and walk straight through the livestock repeating this method until you get the desired response. repeat over the next few days and weeks....you should see clear results after a few walks! Any dog should respond immediately to owners orders no matter if confined,leaded or running free.

Due to the nature of some breeds it will vary on training times, but fundamentally, they all dogs mate and respond to the same stimulus!

thumbs.gif

Mate you can't educate pork!

He was given all this advice before the dog was PTS..........did he listen?Did he feck! :thumbs:

thumbs.gif

He was given all this advice before the dog was PTS..........did he listen?Did he feck! :thumbs:

Ah thumbs.gif

It's "maybe a bit harsh", now there's an understatement if ever I read one.:doh:

Do you think the farmer would have that much spare time at this time of the year that he'd move sheep into and out of a field on the same day and then repeat it the next day just to annoy a dog?

Where the feck do THL get them from.:wallbash:

Maybe he couldnt sleep and was counting sheep.

I'm wondering if there's gonna be a third part to this sad tale - Return of the Sheep Eating Zombie Lurcher.

The plot goes something like this:

The dog returns from the grave and eats the farmer and his family. (that's the revenge and graphic violence angle)...

The dog then seeks out adam (our hero) and asks for forgiveness (the love/human tragedy interest)adam plays hard to get initially but eventually gives in to the zombie dog's affections...

The dog then starts breeding with the sheep it killed, who have also returned from the grave (gratuitous sex) resulting in zombified canine/sheep crosses taking on the world which leads to sequel 4,5,6,7,8,9.......

Adam dies...horribly...not sure how yet... (ideas?)

I think this is a goer...now where dd I put George Romero's number...

:thumbs:

I'm wondering if there's gonna be a third part to this sad tale - Return of the Sheep Eating Zombie Lurcher.

The plot goes something like this:

The dog returns from the grave and eats the farmer and his family. (that's the revenge and graphic violence angle)...

The dog then seeks out adam (our hero) and asks for forgiveness (the love/human tragedy interest)adam plays hard to get initially but eventually gives in to the zombie dog's affections...

The dog then starts breeding with the sheep it killed, who have also returned from the grave (gratuitous sex) resulting in zombified canine/sheep crosses taking on the world which leads to sequel 4,5,6,7,8,9.......

Adam dies...horribly...not sure how yet... (ideas?)

I think this is a goer...now where dd I put George Romero's number...

:thumbs:

i think he should die surrounded by sheep,in the hay shed that mouse trap burned down.:laugh:

thumbs.gif

hows that like, i was doing that sort of thing. i didnt notice the sheep as i didnt look, i just opened the door. i know i should have done more to stock break him now, but i did do more woth him than i did with my other two dogs and they fine. i do as much as any one else i know and thier dogs dont attack sheep. i know that its down to me but when you have got no one to teach you properly what can you do. i was doing every thing that people said on here but when he has done it twice theres no way i could trust him properly...i accept it was my fault and now realise how different dogs need different levels of stock breaking.