Wheatens and Wheaten Crosses

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hate to break this to you but YOU are on THE NET talking about hunting

If this bitch (fly) you don't think highly off why did you take pups out off her????

So that is one dog,im not doubting there is any chrisbullx,im saying is there is so few. So does chris hickling have ALL the breeding for the wheaten used or like my previous post says is this the equ

Posted Images

CH from of here, as some good wheatenxgreys, most who have had his dogs are happy with them :thumbs:

Bird r u on about chris hickling??his dog mac is 1 hell of good dog I've got the litter sister 2 him and 2 pups out of him 1 11months old and 1 8weeks old both out my own bitches,his old bitch heather is a cracker 2 she's springview lines!!! Atb cbx

Are these related to the dog he had called JACK? Just remind me how that dogs bred again??????????????????

he had some bull in him too yes?

Guest alcapone

CH from of here, as some good wheatenxgreys, most who have had his dogs are happy with them :thumbs:

Bird r u on about chris hickling??his dog mac is 1 hell of good dog I've got the litter sister 2 him and 2 pups out of him 1 11months old and 1 8weeks old both out my own bitches,his old bitch heather is a cracker 2 she's springview lines!!! Atb cbx

Are these related to the dog he had called JACK? Just remind me how that dogs bred again??????????????????

Did he?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :angel:

he had some bull in him too yes?

• Like 1
Guest alcapone

I've posted this before but just in case any interested parties missed it....this is Scud, aged about 7 in this pic my pal retired him a year or two ago. First cross Wheaten greyhound and 100% on fox.

DSC00557.jpg

[/quoSolid looking dog Bolio,did he sire many litters?

Yes mate he's the sire 2 my bitch fly and the grandsire 2 my pups,he was wheatonbullgreyhound mate!! Atb cbx

Guest alcapone

Yes mate he's the sire 2 my bitch fly and the grandsire 2 my pups,he was wheatonbullgreyhound mate!! Atb cbx

And where did that pedigree come from?.......this should be intresting! :whistling:

I agree there is plenty of "wheaten x lurchers" and dogs with wheaten in them,(aledgedly) they are the new craze. So tell me this,where is all the 1st cross dogs and bitches that have produced all these dogs? It seems to me if its wheaten in colour or has a linty coat they don the title "wheaten x whatever",like all the folk that ran about with red bull x's saying they were GOLLY bred! The bull crosses have reeces billy,pie,golly,remus,powells arthur etc lines to name a few,i dont know of one KNOWN wheaten x dog or "line" so where do they all come from? I know of a man in the east midlands that "invented" a pedigree for a 3/4 bull greyhound x 1/2 wheaten greyhound and bred extensivly off the dog whom was not a great animal,mediocre at best!! So where does all this wheaten blood in these lurchers come from? Its been said there is so few quality wheatens about in ireland let alone in england so what dogs have been used for all these "wheaten crosses"?? :whistling: Surely all you "wheaten cross" lurcher owners can answer this simple question? :snack:

well my bitch was bred by a mate of mine who has kept a wheaten line for years his father owned a bitch called Dublin Tinker and he has kept a line from her but he will admit that not many will match up to her standard but he has had some very good ones he got a retired coursing bitch and mated her to his wheaten dog and kept two bitch pups from the litter that were 100% workers on all quarry he then gave 1 of the bitchs to a friend and bred the other bitch to a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 bull dog and the resulting litter produced my bitch she is coming 5 year old now and has grafted hard from around 11 months old.i used to work mainly collie xs but it was the two bitchs that my mate had is what turned me on to this breed and i think i will stick with them

Heather the 1 with spring view lines mate she's a 1st x wheatongreyhound mate and rodneymagnet off hear got full litter brother 2 her and there was another dog called tonk who is dead now he was litter brother 2 her that chris hickling own aswel mate!! Atb cbx

And where did that pedigree come from?.......this should be intresting! :whistling:

Edited by chrisbullx
Guest alcapone

Not sure Al, my pal keeps dogs for work and doesn't bother much with the breeding end of things.

All i was getting at Bolio is useing the dog as an example,that if THIS dog was NOT extensively used at stud then where are all of these "FIRST X" wheaten greyhounds that has put so much in to these lurchers? Week in week out you see adverts in for sale sections here and the usual papers and magazines we all get,bull,wheaten,greyhound or bull greyhound,deerhound greyhound etc etc so where did the wheaten greyhound come from? Theres plenty of you lads claiming to have this "wheaten" blood in their dogs yet so very few able to explain their dogs breeding! :thumbdown:

Not sure Al, my pal keeps dogs for work and doesn't bother much with the breeding end of things.

All i was getting at Bolio is useing the dog as an example,that if THIS dog was NOT extensively used at stud then where are all of these "FIRST X" wheaten greyhounds that has put so much in to these lurchers? Week in week out you see adverts in for sale sections here and the usual papers and magazines we all get,bull,wheaten,greyhound or bull greyhound,deerhound greyhound etc etc so where did the wheaten greyhound come from? Theres plenty of you lads claiming to have this "wheaten" blood in their dogs yet so very few able to explain their dogs breeding! :thumbdown:

makes sense that mate, but couldnt the same be said aboot most x's :thumbs:

Guest alcapone

makes sense that mate, but couldnt the same be said aboot most x's :thumbs:

Then i go back to my orignal post,plenty of reeces billy,golly,punch,pie,arthur etc in bullx's as well as a few lads that have top quality dogs not out of dogs as extensively used at stud,so where is the wheaten greyhound equivilant? There are far far more bulls used at stud than wheatens so how has the blood got into so many dogs (aledgedly) and no particular dog predominantly used at stud or so few 1/2 cross wheaten greyhounds to cover the bitches? Im not saying there is not working wheatens in this country as im sure there is,but what im ASKING is where ahs all this wheaten greyhound blood come from so fast if there are so few genuine first x's bred and used at stud?

Like I said 2 u mate chris hicklings bitch is a 1st x wheatongreyhound from springview lines mate and she's had a few litters and litter brother tonk sired a few litters 1 of spiderpigs litters was out of him and is own wheatonx bitch and rodney magnet has bred from is dog so y is it hard 2 believe that they not a lot of working wheaton blood about!!!