YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

As some of you no i work in a small second hand shop where we also sell a small collection of new and used airguns..

now i'v been handed full control of the bussiness,as the boss has had enough and wants to spend his time over seas, (all right for some ant it)

now im loking to exspand the amount of guns and accserores that we keep,, this will be a slow prosses slowly adding lines a bit at a time...

my question to all you lads is,,,what are the things that you buy most often or the things that you would exspect to find when going to your local gun shop.(please dont say pellets )

What to you makes a good shop, any thoughts you have about shops that you go to or reasons why you dont go to.... i'm all ears as they say.

cheers lads.

Andy

As some of you no i work in a small second hand shop where we also sell a small collection of new and used airguns..

now i'v been handed full control of the bussiness,as the boss has had enough and wants to spend his time over seas, (all right for some ant it)

now im loking to exspand the amount of guns and accserores that we keep,, this will be a slow prosses slowly adding lines a bit at a time...

my question to all you lads is,,,what are the things that you buy most often or the things that you would exspect to find when going to your local gun shop.(please dont say pellets )

What to you makes a good shop, any thoughts you have about shops that you go to or reasons why you dont go to.... i'm all ears as they say.

cheers lads.

Andy

a shop local to me has a small indoor range,ideal for testing out what might suit your needs ok your not going to earn money off it as such but indirectly it helps i reckon,dont think this is such common practice as it might seem, its the only one i know local to me that has the facility though :thumbs:

a shop local to me has a small indoor range,ideal for testing out what might suit your needs ok your not going to earn money off it as such but indirectly it helps i reckon,dont think this is such common practice as it might seem, its the only one i know local to me that has the facility though :thumbs:

thats a very good point, it would attract customers who are looking to test their guns or guns they want to buy and while they are there they may run out of pellets and need to buy some :thumbs: you could also charge people to use the range :thumbs:

wow thanks for the fast replies there chaps...

the range is a very good idea but im limited on the space that i have i can only get about a ten meter stretch,that i let customers use already, as i find people do like to try befor you buy.

scope and silencers are already on stock but looking to add to the range as its all a little basic at the min, a few springers pells and the odd scope,is about where its at at the minuet, but it already makes up a good part of the takeings,,hence the increase in the range..

will be looking into geting a few lines of clothing in, so thanks for that.

any more thoughts.???????????????

what im trying to avoid is having things sat on stock for ages, as like i say its going to be increased bit by bit.

thanks lads

Andy

Torches, mounts, lasers, some good cree torches these days that with a holder make a good introductory lamping kit. Gun cleaning stuff, including rods for clearing barrels. Napier pellet lube, game bags, gun slips, I know, how about custom made gun bags? Little place I know near Norwich does them, sent you a PM with their contact details. They supply many big names and can even personalise stuff if you supply the tags/badges...

Edited by secretagentmole

hi pal even if you have no room find a farmer with a scrap of land and start a club with target shooting.the ability to get the gun off at a decent range and to teach people how to allow for wind and tradjectory.knowledge is key shout about what you know and teACH that is the key in my humble opinion.

hi andy

all the stuff!

when you walk in to a gun shop,and they say oh! i will have to order that in!!!! :thumbs:

filters

flip up covers

certain moderators

quick fill parts/adapters

scope mounts

bi pods

charging gear

decoys

camo netting

lansky knife sharpening system! (at a decent price)

scope levels

allen keys sets

replaceable nuts n bolts for any air rifle (make & model)

air rifle servicing!(with warranty)

knifes

etc..... etc...... etc.....

hope this helps!!

regards

davy

I bought a gun from SFS in the MIdlands, it has to be delivered to a gun shop near me, the gun shop want £30 plus VAT for taking delivery..

Maybe you could be a delivery point for gun shops in other parts of the country, you could charge but offer discounts for things bought with the delivered gun such as slip, scope and pellets.

Set up an eBay shop, not many selling .20 pellets.

Edited by shepp

The most important thing in the shop is the customer :yes:

Make sure you treat them that way be honest and truthful live up to any commitments you make

if there are problems keep the customer informed :yes:

Remember if you are not sure don't bullshit as it will come back to bite you in the arse

your only as good as your customers tell others you are :yes:

You will learn far more from satisfied than unhappy ones these are the ones you will see on a regular basis

Then even if you don't have what they require because your an all round good guy :good: the chances are they will wait

while you source what they need

Build your stock up buying only what you can turn around at a profit you are now in charge :good:

The customer will want you to be holding every conceivable item related to their sport guns,ammo,clothing,foot wear,

shooting range, bi.pods, and compressed air etc,etc,etc,

We both know that is not possible you can only work within your limits

The very best of luck with your venture and remember the buck stops here ( with you :hmm::toast: go for it big fella

mike

hi lads

i may be wrong here and this may be a daft question but as its a business would he not need to be rfd i know you can sell air rifles 2nd hand in a private deal but the rules are changed when its a business like i say i might be wrong but id be checking 1st ...rather check and find you can than not check and get a big fine or even jail

atb gary

a very sexy blond bird about 22 year old should do the trick ow and wright it into her contract tht she MUST stay behind 30 minites after work to do some stock taking :wub::boogy: :boogy: if you no what i mean matey ow and on a separate note book some bloody time of work so we can do some all night camping/hunting

thank you all for you input on this.

zx10 mike,keeper 51,shepp,mole,davy :thumbs:

Andie Base jumper.... good idea with the blonde,,works in the pub so why not in the shop.lol.(time off though is a bit of no no at the min tho)

festa

your right about the RFD as a shop all transactions have to be face to face and have to be recorded,,,dont worrie about the red tape chaps i have a valid RDF and have had for a few years now,, (this ant the first gun shop i,v worked in).

thank you all for your kind input,,,rest ashured i shall be working towards offering the best service possiable,,,, as i like your good selves have a passion for this sport.

again many thanks

atb

Andy