foxhound x cocker spaniel

fecking big rabbit warrens if a dog can get down and bolt them!

my first plummer bitch was tiny and as a small 3 mth old pup had to be dug out of rabbit sets when she got stuck

My small JRT goes to ground and gets about rabbit warrens.. :yes: She's not much bigger than a big buck rabbit. :thumbs:

19-04-09_1149-1.jpg

19-04-09_1150-1.jpg

27-03-09_1610.jpg

Size comparison shot:

HPIM0714-1.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

complete shite

It has to be a lie in order to be 'complete shite' you numbnut. Seeing as its not a lie, then it can't be 'complete shite'.   Anyway, you mustn't over-interpret any post on here, just read it for

ffs whats become of this site

MY MATES JUS GOT 2 FOXHOUND X COCKERS AN WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE LIKE AT WORKING AN DOES ANY ONE ELSE WORK THEM CHEERS :thumbs:

If you train them right then they'll be good workers, simple. :big_boss:

yes they will be trained right :thumbs:

Its all about the training. My pal has a yorkie and norfolk terrier and puts them down a warren like ferrets.

Its in all dogs somewhere, just takes longer to find and train in some than in others due to their history (ie kc and showponies etc). good luck with the crosses :thumbs:

complete shite :thumbs:

It has to be a lie in order to be 'complete shite' you numbnut.

Seeing as its not a lie, then it can't be 'complete shite'.

Anyway, you mustn't over-interpret any post on here, just read it for what it is: I didn't say the dogs kill rabbits (like ferrets sometimes do), or shred them to ribbons (like a bull cross can), or gallop across the glen after them (like a grey or saluki), I just stated what he did: He uses them to move rabbits from the warren.

You might not understand it but you can actually 'train' dogs if you know what you are doing :big_boss: , rather than 'point them' at quarry. Have a guess what's waiting for the rabbits when they emerge....

it was not in refrence to your mates mutts.

"Its in all dogs somewhere, just takes longer to find and train in some than in others due to their history (ie kc and showponies etc). good luck with the crosses "

complete shite and if you want it your way, a lie to. you cannot train "all" dogs to hunt like a hound, or go to ground, or to catch live quarry or even some to rag a dead mouse. ive heard you spout this before on here, giving your mate as reference, all i can say is the standards must be very low in your mind. people haven't selectively bred hunting hounds for hundreds years when they could in your mind just used a pedigree chum!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

You're making assumptions again about what YOU ASSUME I meant, rather than READING what i wrote. :wallbash:

What i said was that the ability to be trained is in all dogs somewhere (that the reason they're popular the world over, I'm not re-inventing the wheel). Some are clearly easier to train for certain things than others are, that's common sense.

I didn't say "all" dogs could be trained to hunt like hounds/go to ground/catch live quarry, etc. :wallbash:

In fact, i didn't even even mention hounds...! :wallbash:

F@#k me, I've seen dogs bred to sniff for drugs and guide the blind, that's not exactly natural behaviour, they had to be trained to do that. Is it so hard to believe that my pal has trained a yorkie and norfolk to get down warrens?

MY MATES JUS GOT 2 FOXHOUND X COCKERS AN WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE LIKE AT WORKING AN DOES ANY ONE ELSE WORK THEM CHEERS :thumbs:

Its all about the training. My pal has a yorkie and norfolk terrier and puts them down a warren like ferrets.

Its in all dogs somewhere, just takes longer to find and train in some than in others due to their history (ie kc and showponies etc). good luck with the crosses :thumbs:

Anyway, you mustn't over-interpret any post on here, just read it for what it is: I didn't say the dogs kill rabbits (like ferrets sometimes do), or shred them to ribbons (like a bull cross can), or gallop across the glen after them (like a grey or saluki), I just stated what he did: He uses them to move rabbits from the warren.

You might not understand it but you can actually 'train' dogs if you know what you are doing :big_boss: , rather than 'point them' at quarry. Have a guess what's waiting for the rabbits when they emerge....

"Its in all dogs somewhere, just takes longer to find and train in some than in others due to their history (ie kc and showponies etc). good luck with the crosses "

complete shite and if you want it your way, a lie to. you cannot train "all" dogs to hunt like a hound, or go to ground, or to catch live quarry or even some to rag a dead mouse. ive heard you spout this before on here, giving your mate as reference, all i can say is the standards must be very low in your mind. people haven't selectively bred hunting hounds for hundreds years when they could in your mind just used a pedigree chum!

You're making assumptions again about what YOU ASSUME I meant, rather than READING what i wrote. :wallbash:

What i said was that the ability to be trained is in all dogs somewhere (that the reason they're popular the world over, I'm not re-inventing the wheel). Some are clearly easier to train for certain things than others are, that's common sense.

I didn't say "all" dogs could be trained to hunt like hounds/go to ground/catch live quarry, etc. :wallbash:

F@#k me, I've seen dogs bred to sniff for drugs and guide the blind, that's not exactly natural behaviour, they had to be trained to do that. Is it so hard to believe that my pal has trained a yorkie and norfolk to get down warrens?

forget your mates shitty terriers, i couldn't be less bothered about them.

you made the general, sweeping, inaccurate statement. "Its in all dogs somewhere" then spouting about training them if you know how and what your doing, followed by some stupid face implying greater knowledge and training skills. you also did this on a topic about a hound crosses in the hunting with hounds section. one would assume that you were talking about hounds due to your amazing knowledge and superiority in training dogs to do what ever, where ever. i say its bollocks.

incidentally dogs that are trained to "sniff" for drugs and guide the blind are genrally selected breeds that show the correct attributes for the work entailed, and nowadays many are bred from for excelling at what they do. this is how you produce canines for a job be it herding 500 ewes off the hill, pulling down a pig in aus or digging to foxes in the UK. so no its not "in all dogs somewhere" its not "all about the training" and no matter how hard you try you will never find it in them no matter how long you train them because its all " due to their history"

forget your mates shitty terriers, i couldn't be less bothered about them.

you made the general, sweeping, inaccurate statement. "Its in all dogs somewhere" then spouting about training them if you know how and what your doing, followed by some stupid face implying greater knowledge and training skills. you also did this on a topic about a hound crosses in the hunting with hounds section. one would assume that you were talking about hounds due to your amazing knowledge and superiority in training dogs to do what ever, where ever. i say its bollocks.

incidentally dogs that are trained to "sniff" for drugs and guide the blind are genrally selected breeds that show the correct attributes for the work entailed, and nowadays many are bred from for excelling at what they do. this is how you produce canines for a job be it herding 500 ewes off the hill, pulling down a pig in aus or digging to foxes in the UK. so no its not "in all dogs somewhere" its not "all about the training" and no matter how hard you try you will never find it in them no matter how long you train them because its all " due to their history"

:blink: Once again, you ASSUME what i meant, rather than READING what i wrote. :wallbash:

My use of the word 'it' didn't refer to killing/digging/chasing/working or anything specific.

My use of the word 'it' referred to dogs' innate ability to be trained; i didn't actually specify any purpose/reason. Neither did i say anything about about my knowledge/training or anything really that should be stressing anyone out.

Have an early night mate, high blood pressure is a killer.

so basically by not being in anyway topical or purposeful in what you write you may as well of posted anywhere as you didnt mean what you say in relation to this mans hound cross as you were not "talking about hounds" and it wasn't related to anything else in the post other than your belief that "Its all about the training". so if he changed the title to poodlexgreatdane it would still be relevant.

i think you should get an early night and think about what you write and perhaps if you really belive it.

high blood pressure is less of a killer than stupidity and lack of common sense :thumbs::tongue2:

so ignore most of that nonsense mixedbag, they could still be shit not matter how well you train them. hopefully they will make a useful bushing breed for which i assume they are intended. foxhounds are not generally a useful cross for bushing etc and you would be far better using a small type breed with more of a tenacious attitude and stance to suit a good working cocker. the best you can do is put your all into them or get pups from well tested gear doing a similar job to what you intend. :thumbs:

• Like 1

so basically by not being in anyway topical or purposeful in what you write you may as well of posted anywhere as you didnt mean what you say in relation to this mans hound cross as you were not "talking about hounds" and it wasn't related to anything else in the post other than your belief that "Its all about the training". so if he changed the title to poodlexgreatdane it would still be relevant.

i think you should get an early night and think about what you write and perhaps if you really belive it.

high blood pressure is less of a killer than stupidity and lack of common sense :thumbs::tongue2:

Brilliant. :laugh:

FTB

so ignore most of that nonsense mixedbag, they could still be shit not matter how well you train them. hopefully they will make a useful bushing breed for which i assume they are intended. foxhounds are not generally a useful cross for bushing etc and you would be far better using a small type breed with more of a tenacious attitude and stance to suit a good working cocker. the best you can do is put your all into them or get pups from well tested gear doing a similar job to what you intend. :thumbs:

i think that about sums it up mate :thumbs:

good night lol

• 1 month later...

Found myself p***ing myself laughing at this thread. Personally i think if the cross is intended for bushing and cover work why not just use a 'cocker or a springer' in which these were selectively bred for. A hound is a different ball game all together. Cant see how either breed can be improved by this cross, and where do you go on the next mating from these pups. Maybe you could put one over susan boyle and improve the vocals on your hound x cockers. :thumbdown:

WHAT THE f**k YOU TALKING ABOUT, YOU KNOB GET A LIFE , AND THE PRICKS THAT AGREED IT, COULD BE A GOOD CROSS,WANKERS,I GOT TO STOP LOOKING AT THESE POST'S,BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME f*****g IDIOTS ON HERE,THE NEXT POST WILL BE, WE ARE BREEDING THEM FOR THE COUNTRY WE HUNT ,BULLSHIT,WHY DON'T YOU HUNT IT WITH BEAGLES THEN ,DON'T TELL ME THE BEAGLES HUNT ON TO FAR, THAT;S WHY WE GO FOR HE CROSSES,WHAT DO YOU THINK THE f*****g FOXHOUND CROSS IS GOING DO , STOP AT A WHISTLE, LIKE MINE DO,YOU ARE RIGHT ENOUGH SPINDOLEO

• Like 1

WHAT THE f**k YOU TALKING ABOUT, YOU KNOB GET A LIFE , AND THE PRICKS THAT AGREED IT, COULD BE A GOOD CROSS,WANKERS,I GOT TO STOP LOOKING AT THESE POST'S,BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME f*****g IDIOTS ON HERE,THE NEXT POST WILL BE, WE ARE BREEDING THEM FOR THE COUNTRY WE HUNT ,BULLSHIT,WHY DON'T YOU HUNT IT WITH BEAGLES THEN ,DON'T TELL ME THE BEAGLES HUNT ON TO FAR, THAT;S WHY WE GO FOR HE CROSSES,WHAT DO YOU THINK THE f*****g FOXHOUND CROSS IS GOING DO , STOP AT A WHISTLE, LIKE MINE DO,YOU ARE RIGHT ENOUGH SPINDOLEO

just imagine mate, a couple of foxhound x cocker and you'd only need one of these to get down West :thumbs:

robin-reliant_1014832i.jpg