foxhound x cocker spaniel

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

complete shite

It has to be a lie in order to be 'complete shite' you numbnut. Seeing as its not a lie, then it can't be 'complete shite'.   Anyway, you mustn't over-interpret any post on here, just read it for

ffs whats become of this site

MY MATES JUS GOT 2 FOXHOUND X COCKERS AN WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE LIKE AT WORKING AN DOES ANY ONE ELSE WORK THEM CHEERS :thumbs:

If you train them right then they'll be good workers, simple. :big_boss:

Edited by Tomm Parr

MY MATES JUS GOT 2 FOXHOUND X COCKERS AN WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE LIKE AT WORKING AN DOES ANY ONE ELSE WORK THEM CHEERS :thumbs:

yes they will be trained right :thumbs:

Its all about the training. My pal has a yorkie and norfolk terrier and puts them down a warren like ferrets.

Its in all dogs somewhere, just takes longer to find and train in some than in others due to their history (ie kc and showponies etc). good luck with the crosses :thumbs:

Its all about the training. My pal has a yorkie and norfolk terrier and puts them down a warren like ferrets.

Its in all dogs somewhere, just takes longer to find and train in some than in others due to their history (ie kc and showponies etc). good luck with the crosses :thumbs:

complete shite :thumbs:

• Like 3

It has to be a lie in order to be 'complete shite' you numbnut.

Seeing as its not a lie, then it can't be 'complete shite'.

Anyway, you mustn't over-interpret any post on here, just read it for what it is: I didn't say the dogs kill rabbits (like ferrets sometimes do), or shred them to ribbons (like a bull cross can), or gallop across the glen after them (like a grey or saluki), I just stated what he did: He uses them to move rabbits from the warren.

You might not understand it but you can actually 'train' dogs if you know what you are doing :big_boss: , rather than 'point them' at quarry. Have a guess what's waiting for the rabbits when they emerge....

• Like 3

Well I recon you could end up with one of 2 things or one of each. 1 a foxhound type that stays in a patch of cover and quarters all day never missing a leaf. or a cocker that runs a line straight out of the woods and far away. always a risk crossing dogs of different hunting styles hopefully he will get the type he wants.

It has to be a lie in order to be 'complete shite' you numbnut.

Seeing as its not a lie, then it can't be 'complete shite'.

Anyway, you mustn't over-interpret any post on here, just read it for what it is: I didn't say the dogs kill rabbits (like ferrets sometimes do), or shred them to ribbons (like a bull cross can), or gallop across the glen after them (like a grey or saluki), I just stated what he did: He uses them to move rabbits from the warren.

You might not understand it but you can actually 'train' dogs if you know what you are doing :big_boss: , rather than 'point them' at quarry. Have a guess what's waiting for the rabbits when they emerge....

it was not in refrence to your mates mutts.

"Its in all dogs somewhere, just takes longer to find and train in some than in others due to their history (ie kc and showponies etc). good luck with the crosses "

complete shite and if you want it your way, a lie to. you cannot train "all" dogs to hunt like a hound, or go to ground, or to catch live quarry or even some to rag a dead mouse. ive heard you spout this before on here, giving your mate as reference, all i can say is the standards must be very low in your mind. people haven't selectively bred hunting hounds for hundreds years when they could in your mind just used a pedigree chum!

• Like 1

bit of a strange cross id say but..what are you hoping to gain out of the xs? what quarry ect? what type of ground do you work?

im sure when the lurcher makeup was starting out alot of people thought 'Thats a bit of a strange cross' aswell welsh hound but sounds an interesting cross all the same and i wish the man all the best for them.

would like to see a photo of this cross :thumbs: