dogs chewing kennel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my older dog chews the door of her kennel i patched it with a lenght of scaffold batton she is through that appart from linning her kennel with a small mesh wire any other sugestions

You can buy some stuff called Cribox, it comes in either a paste form or i`me told in some places you can buy it as a spray....

It`s used to stop horses chewing on their stable doors, so i`me told...

Mars..

my older dog chews the door of her kennel i patched it with a lenght of scaffold batton she is through that appart from linning her kennel with a small mesh wire any other sugestions

greyhound muzzle

thought o that but dont like the idea of being muzzled 24/7

You can buy some stuff called Cribox, it comes in either a paste form or i`me told in some places you can buy it as a spray....

It`s used to stop horses chewing on their stable doors, so i`me told...

Mars..

cheers mate in the process of builing a new kennel dont want that chewed up in the first week

Try lining the inside of the door with galvanised tin - that'll stop it. Bit strange that an old dog is chewing the kennel - has she just started doing it? New kennel? Proprietry brands of paint and spray which claim to stop chewing only work for so long and needs constant redoing! Give her an alternative to chew on? Good Luck.

go with the mesh pal.

think mesh or a will look in to some off these paints i put oil based paint on the last time she still chewed

Try lining the inside of the door with galvanised tin - that'll stop it. Bit strange that an old dog is chewing the kennel - has she just started doing it? New kennel? Proprietry brands of paint and spray which claim to stop chewing only work for so long and needs constant redoing! Give her an alternative to chew on? Good Luck.

when i say older she is commin 4 and has done so from young age now the pup in the kennel beside her sees her at it and she is havin a wee go they get the big bones to chew on

Also may be frustration building if its a breed that requires alot of mental stimulation or excercise , Also lacking in minerals, or fear of small confined spaces,

just some of the things to think off,

As above you do get a paste to apply to these products but it has to be done every few weeks in stables as far as i'm aware....

Snap.

i use dexion the racking self stuff round the doors on one of mine - mind you he`s ate his winter box tried him on big old bones but he prefers the taste of new timber he demolishes a winter box every year.... even his stainless steel water bowl looks like he had a hammer to it..

Edited by the_stig

she needs some sort of stimulation in with her,,things can be patched up but the problem in her head wont have gone away,,bones or an old football thrown in can ease their lot,,best of luck