new riflej

Nice rifle mate, those r10 are certainly prooving themselfs in the field as of late, good luck with it buddy, im sure guys on here will be along to advise you, there is quite a few r10 owners on here.

.atb. .ste.

I like it, a very tasty looking gun, apart from one thing, the silly bolt at the back looks like it is bugger all use to me, looks like a scope will hinder the operation and get it wrong and you punch yourself in the eye or snotbox, I think the Super 10 is much better with the rifle like bolt on the side. That is why I went for the Super 10 rather than S200, the bolt! I just do not like the back of action bolts, keep thinking if it fails it is coming back right in chops!

The fill pressure should be stamped on the bottle, but for your information it is 232 bar (think the bottles are common)!

If you do not believe me, look at this...

r10 Instructions PDF

How good can a mole be? Funny you should say that, have a look here...

BSA Owners Group

They have a section all about your gun and my gun, all BSA guns in fact, they are as big a bunch of loonies as we are!

They can help you with any problems you encounter!

Here is a photo with my preferred bolt action, so much nicer...

HPIM0751.jpg

Edited by secretagentmole

I know, but what stops it coming back? What if it fails on point of firing? It just worried me, mind you I have fired the wifes 200s, I just do not like the back bolt, the Super 10 has that lovely side bolt action, easy to use when in a firing position, that back bolt just gets in the way of your face!

I still don't get what you're asking really? I don't see how it could 'come back' towards your face? It's not under any pressure, so how can it 'fail' as you put it? The bolt indexes the magazine and the probe loads the pellet into the breech. Not sure there's any room for failure with such a system.

And even if all of that did fail, and magically the bolt 'shot back' - it's only about 2 inches long! If your face is that close to the action, it's time to consider changing your technique!!

I know, but what stops it coming back? What if it fails on point of firing? It just worried me, mind you I have fired the wifes 200s, I just do not like the back bolt, the Super 10 has that lovely side bolt action, easy to use when in a firing position, that back bolt just gets in the way of your face!

I don't remember the guy asking why your Super10 is better, which it isn't.

Edited by shepp

I thought the bolt was attached to the pellet proble! I still think it is a silly place to put the bolt, the side action is a lot easier to use in the field. Soon I might have to use the CZ in the field, my BSA may have a trip to Mr B!!!! By the way Shepp I did not say my Super Ten was better, I just made the comment I do not like the back bolt action, some people do, I think side actions are easier to use in the field!

Edited to say that I did also put a link to his instruction manual PDF up there so he could find out the fill pressure!

One of the nicest rifles i have ever shot in my life.

Accurate, consistant and a joy to shoot.

Its rep is slowly improving now and its getting the reviews and press that it rightly deserves.

Im not sure Mole what your getting at buddy but the r10, T10, AAS410 and most of the Daystates are rear bolt cocked and these guns are pretty sh*t hot.

You ort to try any of the above rifles mate. Im sure you will be impressed.

Si

Edited by zini