new riflej

They may be hot droppings, but I do not like the rear bolt action, I think it leads to a clumsier reload, the side bolt means the hand does not have to move too far and it remains on target better! The action on the side bolt is not so far from the trigger, I think it is more stable whilst you are cocking/reloading and is easier! Simple question, how many rifles in the British army have a rear mounted bolt action and how many have side bolts? Why is that? In fact the side bolt action came into British Army use in 1879 with the Lee Metford rifle and they still use side bolt actions to this day!

Well the British army is something that I know a little about mate.

Mole we are in the year 2011 pal not in 1879, rifles have come on a bit since then in terms of design etc.

Do you know what happens when a semi automatic / automatic rifles fires? What causes it to reload again automatically and then take another round from the magazine?

What happens when a round is taken from the magazine in regards to the firing cycle and the rifles moving parts etc?

What moves and what stays still? How fast do the moving parts actually move?

You have a look on Google buddy and when you see the answers you will know why the rifles have a side cocking action.

It’s nothing to do with accuracy or not having to take your hand off the cocking lever side of the rifle hence taking your rifle off the target.

The cocking handle on the A2 is on the right hand side of the rifle like your BSA S10. If most people are right handed why not have the cocking handle on the left hand side of the rifle so you can stay in the aim?

In actual fact if you tried holding the lever of the A2 or GPMG you would probably end up with broken fingers

If you are so fooled and believe that it leads to a clumsier reload then well what can I say mate? I would except that it’s just your personal preference as everyone has one, but also ask you to try a AAS410, r10, t10, Hogan Ripley Elite etc as they are all rifles that people are very happy with and seem to like.

I personally like the HW100 cocking lever better that the r10’s loading lever but it’s no better and doesn’t cock any easier or faster than my r10, its just personal preference.

Atb

Si.

I thought that if you supported the rifle in the left hand, as in firing, using the right hand would make it easier to stay on target when reloading! I do not hold the lever when firing either, which is what you were going on about in the A2 or GPMG isnt it? (I have seen film of those machine guns firing with the lever moving like the needle on a sewing machine, not recommeded to get hold of unless you like to be shaken, not stirred). I have tried a rear bolt but find the side bolt easier to use when reloading and aiming. Perhaps it is just Mole and his fat face! But Wedge's gun is very, very nice. Mrs Mole is weighing up the pros and cons between one of those and a Scorpion! So keep an eye out, I keep trying to steer her to a Super, but she is not listening!

No Mole buddy both the A2 and the GPMG have pistol grips to hold.

The A2 also has making ready drills that include safety catch, change lever sights and cocking lever so unless you bluff the drills you have to move off aim when making ready stightly anyway.

The GPMG also has a bipod, the left hand does not touch the stock of the GPMG at all but grips the neck of the rifle butt.

The answer is that when the rifle fires the gasses from the chamber go into the gas chamber that then builds up pressure very quickly pushing back on a bar and spring that then cocks and reloads the rifle. While it does this the cocking handle flies backwards very quickly so that the bolt can take another bullet from the magizine.

If it was at the back of the rifle the lever would probably hit you very hard and square in the face causing damage to you.

Because your hand is on the pistol grip its safe and no damage is caused buddy.

The r10 and the other above rifles that i mentioned have a bolt that comes out and off to the right or left anyway mate so its just like your S10 but further back but still off to the side.

Si

Edited by zini