foxes

Their vermin it just that i grew up around terriermen and the fox was their quarry so to speak but i dont give a feck if thats wat lads want to go out and kill with their dogs i just dont get the big obssesion about useing more than one dog just to get numbers??

same here sorry got it wrong what i thought you were saying.Sorry 1 good dog lurcher/terrier 1 fox not 3 i aggree

No probs.atb dell

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Runforyourlife i will tell you why lads want that many numbers in a night, and am not on about doubled up! its about testing your dog, so whats the problem with that? better than having a fat bull

Wats the big deal about killing large numbers of quarry you cannot eat or sell????????

RFYL do you know these lads personally?? Im pretty sure they very rarely smash gates and drive across fields they much prefer to call a fox in.   As for mullering all the foxes these lads put the m

Posted Images

Their vermin it just that i grew up around terriermen and the fox was their quarry so to speak but i dont give a feck if thats wat lads want to go out and kill with their dogs i just dont get the big obssesion about useing more than one dog just to get numbers??

same here sorry got it wrong what i thought you were saying.Sorry 1 good dog lurcher/terrier 1 fox not 3 i aggree

No probs.atb dell

i agree that foxes need to be controlled, and the more that are taken is an advantage to alot of people, i.e gun clubs, chicken farms and several others. i have been shooting game for many years and always believed the more foxes that could be shot, dug, snaired, and killed the better, but in recent years im getting alot more pleasure out of hunting foxes than i ever did out of shooting game so ya could say fox is game to many lad. so that said i dont like to hammer em as much any more and keep a handful local to knock my sport out of. when we were shooting them hard we practically cleaned out the place, you go for a lamp and seing a fox was nearly non existant and half the fun was gone from the nights lamping so now im a believer in taking them in moderation and big numbers with me is a thing of the past and looking at one through the scope hasn't or wont happen again for a while! one dog on one fox "doubles up" the thrill for me, and imo a better satisfaction if ya get him than going out culling them with dogs doubled up. if he gets away he will be there another day to hunt or get a dig out of. atb.

• Like 1

i dont think its down to doubbled up dogs myself why would they just take one dog out?nd watch that run?4 people in car with a dog each??? maybe they share runs?maybe all the dogs can do it single in motor???,but if they run them single they may only get two runs all night maybe thats why they run them doubbled up??,just a thought,???as i have not seen this wrecking crew thing..or know much about them just my guess,,,like hare coursing pre ban it was two dogs in waterloo cup,not on single dog but they could run single if they liked..just my theory :icon_redface:

what has the waterloo cup got to do with lurchers? two big clumbsy greyhounds knocking a hare about for a minnit?

if you want to kill big numbers of fox buy yourself a rifle and a shot gun.

Im no expert on foxing but if theres two of you out with a good fox dog each lamping you can still take as many if you run each dog single. ie 6 doubled up or 3 runs a peice single handed. If you kept running an experience hare coursing dog doubled up so it never got tested youd get ridiculed.

Iv got a dh x gh bitch coming on and I will expect her to tackle what we come across while lamping but if it was a specalised fox dog youv got whats the point of running them doubled up? If they good enough get rid dont keep kidding yourself gannging it on fox.

Edited by baldockbanks courser

for me, the very best of runs are when the dog goes it alone.

But Equally, I have not problem running them doubled up either.

It doesnt have to be one, or the other imho. both have there places.

And what do you mean BOUT single handed dogs, "1 night out, 4 lay up" !?

It obviously isnt a very good single handed dog then if this is what happens mate..

And by the way, daytime single handed(preban) is far more satisfying that after dark killing 5 with 2 or 3 dogs..

99% of lads hunting fox say "they are vermin, thats why i do it". Are talking bollox's, they do it cause they want to see action, want to know wether their dog is capable. And for the buzz.

You have a good area..... which you and maybe another walk. It contains fox. You run them every other time(good courses, clever fox).... Along come the wrecking crew(top hunters)...

Drive straight through your gates, smash them to bits. Muller the majority of your charlie, with milk, with cub! You say, "oh well, they are vermin, they deserved it".. fecking smart.

• Like 4

:wallbash:

Do you know anything about the wrecking crew! They are arseholes, care not for the countryside or for pest control..

five times eh mate,think you put your point across dont you :laugh:

lol, how did that happen.... :wallbash::wallbash:

dont know mate but i would never take you shooting,you got a bloody itchy trigger finger it seems :D